Profit Sharing

pd93nd7ef5.png

Ha ha :lol: finally someone making some sense!!

Dougweiser and Scotch get more and we get less........

Seriously, last year I got like $160.00 but I was out on medical for 7 months and the other months I didn't work a full schedule. Not sure if that helps you. Note: I'm an FA not a ground agent, not sure if that makes a difference or not.

Shannon
A F/T topped out ramp agent on the east side with no overtime got about $700 after taxes.

Well crap. I don't even get the french vanilla kind?

Do you think it would be silly to hope I get like, $200? that's two spa mani pedi's or lots of starbucks. Let's work with me here. Am I being realistic? Simple yes or no.

I found this on compass, it lists how last years profit sharing was broken down. Obviously this year will be a little different, because the profit sharing amount is different. But this should give you a rough idea based on how it was done last year.

https://apps.awacompass.com/awatoday/news/a...utUS_020107.pdf

Glad a profit was made for US Airways. Hope the merger is getting less painless. From the looks of the posts on the board I would have to guess things are settling down somewhat.

Glad a profit was made for US Airways. Hope the merger is getting less painless. From the looks of the posts on the board I would have to guess things are settling down somewhat.

Eric, the company made an overall annual profit in spite of themselves. The merger is still painful, for both sides, but many of us have become numb to the affects. It never had to be this way. If the merger was executed correctly by the directors they could have made a fantastic airline for themselves, the employees and the customers. Instead, they took two good airlines and made one really bad one through their "lowest common denominator" tactics and refusal to work with their employees.

Does anyone understand the pool calculation? Specifically, why the pool for 2007 is smaller (-20%), though the annual income is larger (+41%)?

The pool is calculated on pre-tax earnings before unusual items. Take those unusual items out of both 2006 and 2007 pre-tax earnings and the 2007 basis for calcultaing the profit sharing pool is smaller than for 2006.

Jim