Fleet Service Profit Sharing

Jim is correct.

After a meeting is over, the membership can hold a rump session elsewhere and pool money anyway they choose - to spend a dollar at a time at a local club, or to hire outside assistance. The IAM has nothing to do with it, nor can they stop the membership from so doing.

Fleet rues the day they didn't pool some money and get some authoritative advice, circa 1995,1999 and 2002, instead of listening to the IAM.

In my 18 years at US Airways not once did the IAM assess the membership.

The IAM has money, unlike ALPA at US who is hurting for money.

And anything could of happened, I am just informing you of how it would be out of order and the International would step in and stop it, you cannot spend dues money on suing yourself.

Funny last time I checked no one was convicted of any crime and the charges were dropped.

And by law the RLA the union is required by law to represent their members, otherwise they are in violation of federal law and can be sued.

Don't let the facts get in your way.

Funny last time I checked no one was convicted of any crime and the charges were dropped.

And by law the RLA the union is required by law to represent their members, otherwise they are in violation of federal law and can be sued.

Don't let the facts get in your way.
so in this example who would be able to sue whom, i take from this, the "22" could sue the iam if they did not abide by the RLA, correct... then so much for your argument about using monies to sue the union, as you said earlier can not be done...by law.... or it would be out of order..

so which is it,

700aw,

Dont put words in my post, the 22 can sue the IAM if they failed to adhere to the Duty of Fair Representation, no where did I say the 22 would be using IAM dollars to sue the IAM.

In my previous post I said the members could not use dues money to sue the IAM.

Why dont you read and comprehend instead of being overzealous to attack me?

Everything doesn't happen at a union meeting.

Things can happen away from the lodge.

The notion of independent member action in anathema to IAM power barons, but it can happen, and in my view, should be happening.

'Cause if you think IAM is finished selling you out, you heard it here first - they ain't.

Better pony up for some objective info now, while you still got the $$$.

This whole pooling money to take legal action against the IAM theory is rubbish ... What it would amount to is INDIVIDUALS deciding to sue the IAM .... as has been said over and over again YOU CANNOT SUE YOURSELF ... the best these people might be able to do is object to the IAM national .... and i can tell you right now as a west member ,now that i know we are getting profit sharing , there is no way on this green earth that you are going to be able to pry that money out of my hands , you east bastards ...lol ... jk ... althou i do find it a little bit of a let down that we are only getting 30 % instead of 50 . However , we over here would trade in profit sharing if we could just start being paid the going rate under the iam contract ...

Remember Freedom once you are under the IAM contract you lose your paid sick days, some holidays, doubletime etc. etc. And don't count your chickens before they hatch because according to the IAM District 141 website http://www.iam141.org/ there has been nothing said of this socalled 30% payout to West employees.

Have a nice Holiday.............