Proposal Comparisons

JABORD

Advanced
Aug 12, 2010
Well I knew my Overtime thread would be too hot to touch but that thing passed through here like a half eaten microwave burrito from the QuickMart. I guess most of us all got a little "I got mine" in us. I compared the asterisk(*) items on all the different work group proposals. I thought they would all relatively match since the company stipulated "contingent upon a consensual CBA". I was surprised to find the following:
TWU Dispatch Group
B. Compensation & Related Provisions
Performance Related Pay
2. *Extend Performance Related Pay program, as defined in the October 1, 2011 AA/TWU Dispatch TA (seems to be an allusive document, unable to locate it)

Retirement Incentive Program
3. *Create via a Letter of Memorandum a retirement incentive program to provide monetary incentive for employees to provide advance notice of retirement to facilitate better planning for training replacement employees.

Why aren't these being offered to the other TWU workgroups? What does it say for the TWU's feeble attempt to spread unity in the past with,"No member should put themselves above another, loaf of bread cost the same for all? Must no longer apply. Between the 6 years from DOS(should be amendable date) and this BS, I will be a no vote.

Well I knew my Overtime thread would be too hot to touch but that thing passed through here like a half eaten microwave burrito from the QuickMart. I guess most of us all got a little "I got mine" in us. I compared the asterisk(*) items on all the different work group proposals. I thought they would all relatively match since the company stipulated "contingent upon a consensual CBA". I was surprised to find the following:
TWU Dispatch Group
B. Compensation & Related Provisions
Performance Related Pay
2. *Extend Performance Related Pay program, as defined in the October 1, 2011 AA/TWU Dispatch TA (seems to be an allusive document, unable to locate it)

Retirement Incentive Program
3. *Create via a Letter of Memorandum a retirement incentive program to provide monetary incentive for employees to provide advance notice of retirement to facilitate better planning for training replacement employees.

Why aren't these being offered to the other TWU workgroups? What does it say for the TWU's feeble attempt to spread unity in the past with,"No member should put themselves above another, loaf of bread cost the same for all? Must no longer apply. Between the 6 years from DOS(should be amendable date) and this BS, I will be a no vote.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dispatch, like I have said before is Jimmy Little's old buddies; in fact Local 540 altogether. The TWU darlings of Local 540, are consistently among the highest paid when compared to their peers at other airlines. Meanwhile, AA's AMT's have been among the lowest paid - with the worst benefits. Every contract the AMT's get sold a bill of goods from the TWU international AND the company!

Thanks for the reply V but to discuss WHY doesn't accomplish much. Sure it is common knowledge amongst many of us as to little jimmy's loyalty to Dispatch. The question to ask is how can we continue to allow a hypocrite to bamboozle the membership into believing he provides leadership for all,ie.Union, but practices favoritism and self servitude. My goal was to bring these two items to you folks attention hoping that jimmys' email and phone would be swamped .
1. Performance Related Pay - Above and beyond the 1.5% and...
2. Retirement Monetary Incentive

This puts real $$ back in their pockets and not available to any other group .
Where's the anger?!

Ok folks, this is my last attempt to draw attention to the favoritism little jimmy has allowed to be considered for Dispatch but none of the other TWU workgroups! This equates to a form of monetary snapbacks within the 6 year term that none of us but Dispatch will be given.

Ok folks, this is my last attempt to draw attention to the favoritism little jimmy has allowed to be considered for Dispatch but none of the other TWU workgroups! This equates to a form of monetary snapbacks within the 6 year term that none of us but Dispatch will be given.
And yet those who are disgusted with the favoritism still blindly follow the same course. There are no attempts to make changes en-mass.
The removal of the revenue that allows Jim Little to operate, would a prime example of stopping his this operation. The political machine is another
method that a represented member can use to object to the system. If you read this whole American Airlines forum, then you are aware of the Agency Fee thread. However the window for this form of protest has past as with the month of January.

And yet those who are disgusted with the favoritism still blindly follow the same course. There are no attempts to make changes en-mass.
The removal of the revenue that allows Jim Little to operate, would a prime example of stopping his this operation. The political machine is another
method that a represented member can use to object to the system. If you read this whole American Airlines forum, then you are aware of the Agency Fee thread. However the window for this form of protest has past as with the month of January.

Your right buddy,as far as the political process,we need to vote out the multi-term old farts and take our chances with some fresh thinking. As far as the TW(who) , TUL folks, especially the multi-generational TWU folks, need to make the hard descission to break away and pursue "Mechanics representing Mechanics "(m&e AND related) . Still not sold on the AMP thing, and AMFA should still be a consideration since they have growth potential (Horizon in the process) .

Dispatch, like I have said before is Jimmy Little's old buddies; in fact Local 540 altogether. The TWU darlings of Local 540, are consistently among the highest paid when compared to their peers at other airlines. Meanwhile, AA's AMT's have been among the lowest paid - with the worst benefits. Every contract the AMT's get sold a bill of goods from the TWU international AND the company!

Vortilon, Just to keep the Record STRAIGHT, the AMT's Do NOT "get sold a bill of goods" !

Among the various TWU work groups @ various AA locations, 2, REPEAT TWO locations ONLY, have ALWAYS controlled the outcome of EVERY TWU T/A !
TUL-AMT's
and
DFW-FSC's

As a retired member of the following locals 501-NY, 507-BOS and 512-ORD, "we" did everything but BEG those 2 work groups to "THINK" before voting YES.......every "GD" time.

Over the years, (even with CRANDALL) we would have had significantly Better contracts if those two groups HAD Anything "between thier Legs" !!

In my view, AA ran the company KNOWING full well, what the(contract outcome/s) would always BE.
Is it possible that over the years that AA would have ran the company Different....knowing that the Union would NOT be disrespected come contract time, EVER ? I think YES, and I offer a "look" to the fact that ONLY 400 Pilots are to be affected in the BK !!!!! (because we ALL know the Pilots have BALLS) !

In TUL alone, 2,000 guys will be kissing thier Bass BOATS, New TRUCKS, Double Wide trailers, and perhaps some marriages GOOD BYE.

The "Good ol' Boys" Chickens have come BACK to roost !!!

Agreed....
However....they also FLY the planes.(this goes hand in hand w the F/As knowing they MUST be on that aircraft for it to push)
Whoolllle lot more negotiating leverage right there.

Your right buddy,as far as the political process,we need to vote out the multi-term old farts and take our chances with some fresh thinking. As far as the TW(who) , TUL folks, especially the multi-generational TWU folks, need to make the hard descission to break away and pursue "Mechanics representing Mechanics "(m&e AND related) . Still not sold on the AMP thing, and AMFA should still be a consideration since they have growth potential (Horizon in the process) .
Not sold on the AMP thing huh? Well picture this, if the company really lays off 2100 in Tulsa, where is the majority of the vote now? Guess what the Line. I think the TWU should be very worried and not only about dues.

Latest posts

Back