Public Rebuke of US Airways CEO

Folks, Arlen Specter has our backs on this. He's a remarkable man and god bless him for exposing this mess. Let's see where this goes because I have a feeling 'things' are about to get REALLY interesting. Doogie's gonna have some 'splain' to do.

Later,
Eye

Eye that is too funny. Someone ought to send your post to Spector.

BTW read my signature, there may be some truth to it
post-3031-1194549255.jpg

He's seen it. :lol:

Later,
Eye

I'm curious as to why Spector is making a stink now.

What does he want? more aide to workers? PIT hub restored?

Why did he not make a stink when PIT lost hub status far more people were affected. Does he eve know what year it is or that the managment that stripped PIT of its hub status is long gone.

It's easy to be a politician and run at the mouth. I think the point of the traditional hub and spoke speaks to having two hubs so close to one another. There is not doubt PIT is a nicer facility than PHL. The O&D math is also the reason CLT does not have more int'l operations. The reason load factors are up and profits are coming in is from a couple of factors: 1 - new wage contracts 2- reduced capacity allowing fuller planes (higher load factor higher chance of profitablity) 3 - improved pricing - the pricing on most business trips are now somewhat reasonable making it more affordable for more business trips.

I know just about everyone on here is convinced every single person in US management are idiots - however things are getting a bit better and continue to get better day by day. You don't take an airline run so poorly for so many years and turn it around overnight.

You know the pathetic part about Parker and this whole thing is that when asked how many gates US has for Intl. and also domestic ops----he does not even know the answer---

Now this being the crown jewel of the network and Parker being the man in charge----you would think he would at least know what type of operation we run in PHL----
Ignorance and arrogance is a deadly combination and DoUgIe is loaded to the gills with both.

Stunning that he had NO idea how many gates US has in PHL. Betcha he knows how much his W-2 was last year though

I'm curious as to why Spector is making a stink now.

What does he want? more aide to workers? PIT hub restored?

Why did he not make a stink when PIT lost hub status far more people were affected. Does he eve know what year it is or that the managment that stripped PIT of its hub status is long gone.

VOTES!

Thats what he's looking for....

Look, I can't stand Parker...I find him to be the most condescending, arrogant, excuse maker there is on earth....

But at the end of the day, these are politicians looking to keep their jobs....they HAVE to take him to the hoop.

The thing that's funny is, the Chief Lying Officer makes for the EASIEST target on earth. Parker opens his mouth...and the lies start flying.

Parker is Specter and other politician's dream come true....

It's easy to be a politician and run at the mouth. I think the point of the traditional hub and spoke speaks to having two hubs so close to one another. There is not doubt PIT is a nicer facility than PHL. The O&D math is also the reason CLT does not have more int'l operations. The reason load factors are up and profits are coming in is from a couple of factors: 1 - new wage contracts 2- reduced capacity allowing fuller planes (higher load factor higher chance of profitablity) 3 - improved pricing - the pricing on most business trips are now somewhat reasonable making it more affordable for more business trips.

I know just about everyone on here is convinced every single person in US management are idiots - however things are getting a bit better and continue to get better day by day. You don't take an airline run so poorly for so many years and turn it around overnight.
LOL!! :blink:
but, play again soon!

it was hard to watch, etops? perhaps you should dial kirby on his direct line for some comforting...

it was indeed difficult to watch. doug parker is a scoundrel and a disgrace!! he conveniently blamed the entire summer 07 meltdown singularly on insufficient gate space in phl. BULL ####!!!!
the distopia that is usairways BECAUSE of parker's mismanagement was finally confronted. and doug finally revealed himself for the lying fools he is. what a complete disgrace!!

my profound gratitude to the good senator of pennsylvania for exposing this disgraceful coward!!
i don't need comforting smart ass. i am just stating that the video really caught parker in a really messed up situation that he could have avoided. i am not siding with parker here . spector has a valid point. why not just free up 3 domestic gates at either c or b concourse and give them to delta? may be as an interim solution. parker can't seem to answer that and frankly it's becuase he does not want to i am sure. but using china as a bargaining chip is not smart .

i don't need comforting smart ass.
wow...and, i heard from DoUgIe (your savior) that kirby would wear his halloween costume for you during your "comforting" session...your loss, i guess?
and, regarding your post: you are absolutely correct!! if team tempe had the intellectual, innovative, and perceptive capacity to run an airline, ALL of this could have been avoided!!
POLITICS = POWER. and, now usair is screwed!! thanks once again DoUgIe!!

i don't need comforting smart ass. i am just stating that the video really caught parker in a really messed up situation that he could have avoided. i am not siding with parker here . spector has a valid point. why not just free up 3 domestic gates at either c or b concourse and give them to delta? may be as an interim solution. parker can't seem to answer that and frankly it's becuase he does not want to i am sure. but using china as a bargaining chip is not smart .

Just as everyone saw through his poorly veiled excuse for the Delta merger as a benefit to the consumer, we all know that this recent pageantry involving threats of pulling China and other international service is merely a droll extortion attempt that he hopes will enable him to inhibit competition at PHL. This occurred during BK2 when US had to give up the gates in the D-Concourse to WN. The people in PHL are tired of the theatrics, threats, and abuse by US. It is humorous that PHL is blamed for all of US's problems, yet I fly out of PHL on AA, CO, DL, and UA and everything seems to operate just fine. Seems like PHL is mismanaged, as is the rest of the operation.

Just sent Sen Specter an email voicing my support on the way he is handling Douie and USAir!! :up:

wow...and, i heard from DoUgIe (your savior) that kirby would wear his halloween costume for you during your "comforting" session...your loss, i guess?
and, regarding your post: you are absolutely correct!! if team tempe had the intellectual, innovative, and perceptive capacity to run an airline, ALL of this could have been avoided!!
POLITICS = POWER. and, now usair is screwed!! thanks once again DoUgIe!!
uh parker is not my savior a-hole . i don't know what gave you that impression. if he is right he is right if he is wrong he wrong and this time he is wrong.

Latest posts

Back