Public Rebuke of US Airways CEO

Set up my A$$. What you witnessed there was a half @ssed CEO get called out. He is a jackass. Business is business and I'll agree with that. I also know that this company is ran TERRIBLY. He blamed the whole international fiasco all summer on GATE SPACE. Give me a g'damn break. Doug and this management team NEVER tell the truth. THIS is case in point why many don't believe the JUNK they spew about PIT and the 40 million it LOST. RIIIIIIIIGHT. This management has no credibility. They have no backing of the state politicians, locals of PHL or PIT and most of it's OWN employees. WAY TO GO. It MUST be everyone else and US is being led by competent leadership. Again.....RIIIIIIIIGHT. :rolleyes: The last thing Doug may hear when it comes to Usairways management and most importantly Doug threatening to pull business OUT of Philly is BYE.

Mistakes were made.

To correct them we are going to get rid of 350 frontline employees of PSA. and a hundred more frontline US Airways employees.

They screwed up to the tune of 40 million dollars.

Oh yeah, lets close the Pilot and Flight Attendant bases.

Now that we got rid of the responsible parties.

LETS PARTY!!!!!!!!

Damn Spector.

Set up my A$$. What you witnessed there was a half @ssed CEO get called out. He is a jackass. Business is business and I'll agree with that. I also know that this company is ran TERRIBLY. He blamed the whole international fiasco all summer on GATE SPACE. Give me a g'damn break. Doug and this management team NEVER tell the truth. THIS is case in point why many don't believe the JUNK they spew about PIT and the 40 million it LOST. RIIIIIIIIGHT. This management has no credibility. They have no backing of the state politicians, locals of PHL or PIT and most of it's OWN employees. WAY TO GO. It MUST be everyone else and US is being led by competent leadership. Again.....RIIIIIIIIGHT. :rolleyes: The last thing Doug may hear when it comes to Usairways management and most importantly Doug threatening to pull business OUT of Philly is BYE.

If you understand business then at least you might agree that being profitable is better than being bankrupt, for any airline.

I don't like 99% of the changes I have seen since 2001, but no money is no money. Try and recall the days when there were signs in the restaurant windows in PHL Airport that they would not accept US Airways vouchers. Now THAT was humiliating.

And if you believe that US is closing PIT for fun then you don't understand business.

This management has NO talent. They are turning profits on the backs of employees. They have done NOTHING special to explain the profits that Usairways has posted. This management that claims all the losses at Pittsburgh are the same ones that can't run the int'l operation in Philly, STILL run a proper website, treat their FF's as they should along with employees, etc. The list goes on and on. Just look no further than the DOT. :lol: Me knowing enough about business can CLEARLY see that they don't know how to run one. That's plain and simple. That being said Doug was called out on his antics. As for the airport....bottom line is the move is done. Delta will be housed in A-east and Southwest will expand. Doug in the end looks like a jackass. Look at Him compared to ANY other airline CEO. Well maybe leaving out Ornstein. :rolleyes: Doug can quite easily be the DEATH of this company if he keeps THIS pace up. Making friends every step of the way. :rolleyes:

Why, if pulling back in PIT is because they lost 40 million dollars last year are only front line employees feeling the pain?

Business is business, but the people losing their jobs couldn't possibly have made any decisions resulting in an alleged 40 MILLION dollar loss.

This management has NO talent. They are turning profits on the backs of employees. They have done NOTHING special to explain the profits that Usairways has posted. This management that claims all the losses at Pittsburgh are the same ones that can't run the int'l operation in Philly, STILL run a proper website, treat their FF's as they should along with employees, etc. The list goes on and on. Just look no further than the DOT. :lol: Me knowing enough about business can CLEARLY see that they don't know how to run one. That's plain and simple. That being said Doug was called out on his antics. As for the airport....bottom line is the move is done. Delta will be housed in A-east and Southwest will expand. Doug in the end looks like a jackass. Look at Him compared to ANY other airline CEO. Well maybe leaving out Ornstein. :rolleyes: Doug can quite easily be the DEATH of this company if he keeps THIS pace up. Making friends every step of the way. :rolleyes:

Sigh....once again..don't like the operational or cultural problems any more than you do....but improvements will definitely never arrive without money.

And....you may not have gotten a raise yet, but you also haven't had a pay cut. And it looks like you may get a profit sharing check again this year. That ain't all bad.

And comparing Airline CEO's is another subject line. If you want to talk bad, remember NWA's idea of a severence package for employees of a closing station was to recommend dumpster diving.

An excellent piece of writing! Could not agree more!

I got a chance to listen to this....that was some entertaining video and audio, for sure.

First, I mean, these are politicians...and they are looking for votes and to keep their jobs...but my goodness, does the CLO (Chief Lying Officer) make it easy for them...I mean, DP is a dream come true for some politicians looking for a pound of flesh.

My impression is that Spector is genuinely pi$$ed off...in addition to working at his job...and keeping it...I think the man feels like choking Parker 'cause DP, talks down to EVERYONE and the good Senator from PA was no exception. I LOVED it when Parker, acting like he's King of the universe tries to talk down and around to The Good Senator by asking some suck up for the numbers of gates. Just SPECTACULAR viewing.

Note To DP: KNOW YOUR BUSINESS! And if you don't know your business and need someone to get some info to you...try a little humility!

Parker was REALLY exposed on a whole bunch of fronts...and for Specter to outirght say, "this is extortion" was just classic...CLASSIC audio and video.

Parker was also exposed as a REALLY piss-poor communicator. The stupid "its the customer's fault" stuff won't fly with Spector.

I also loved how the meltdown in international flying was due to a lack of gates....I wonder how many extra gates it would have taken to:

> Clean the airplane I was on
> Make the IFE's operational on the airplanes I was on
> Help the IFEs come out of their storage frames without the aid of a fork on the airplanes I was on
> Keep the seats fixed on the airplanes I was on
> Keep the torn carpet and torn seats looking sharp on the airplanes I was on
> And had decent food and wine on board

Just funny.

FFolks, if you haven't seen it, watch it...it rates RIGHT up there with some of the classics

songbirdstew, don't spin the words . he said that usairways was saved by consolidation. he is right . if usairways and america west would not have merged usairways would have liquidated. we all know that. and we all know that america west would have gone into bankruptcy. he never said that "america west saved usairways" now that we should be grateful ? i wouldn't go that far.
yes, he did say consolidation saved USAirways. "USAirways would have liquidated in 2005 without the merger with America West." Hate to tell you but after 2 rounds of pay cuts the East side was mean and lean and ready to go. We would not have liquidated. America West would have filed round #2 BK. Now go back to your buddies and tell them to quit sending Parker to the party. He made a fool of himself. Just my opinion.

songbirdstew, don't spin the words . he said that usairways was saved by consolidation. he is right . if usairways and america west would not have merged usairways would have liquidated. we all know that. and we all know that america west would have gone into bankruptcy. he never said that "america west saved usairways" now that we should be grateful ? i wouldn't go that far.

Wrong. wrong. wrong. Continued clicking of your red shoes heels together will not make it "right", either.

Had the A&W "merge" not happened (has it happened, yet?) and the other two deals not gone through, at worst, usairways might have downsized from a 250+ aircraft fleet to (I think) about a 170 aircraft fleet, not only making them "profitable" by shucking low-yield routes, but simply because of their size, a much more useful consolidation target.

A&W, on the other hand, with essentially the lowest, flat yields domestically, had nowhere to downsize to and likely would have fragmented into nothingness as, post 11Sep01, no one wanted to take over their universally low-yield routes/niche.

Had the A&W "merge" not happened (has it happened, yet?) and the other two deals not gone through, at worst, usairways might have downsized from a 250+ aircraft fleet to (I think) about a 170 aircraft fleet, not only making them "profitable" by shucking low-yield routes, but simply because of their size, a much more useful consolidation target.

Oh yeah, shrinking an airline into profitability always works! :lol:

yes, he did say consolidation saved USAirways. "USAirways would have liquidated in 2005 without the merger with America West." Hate to tell you but after 2 rounds of pay cuts the East side was mean and lean and ready to go. We would not have liquidated. America West would have filed round #2 BK. Now go back to your buddies and tell them to quit sending Parker to the party. He made a fool of himself. Just my opinion.
ok. have a good day .

Quote from the meeting "Spector and Casey sent letters to Parker urging severence packages to all displaced employees" US did comply with the F/A buy out and was probably willing to discuss more.

Where's the severance package for the PSA employees? You know, the employees who won't have a job at all after January 6th. The employees who have no chance of being called back from furlough since PSA ramp and gate will no longer exist. The employees who waited four years for a contract only to be told ten months later to get ready for the end. The employees who are not being offered jobs "elsewhere in the US Airways system," but actually must reapply for employment with Piedmont if they want to continue working, assuming they get hired.

You know, PSA ramp/gate is a work group that is easy to bash and yet do the most incredible job no matter the weather, the staffing, the screwups that are beyond their control, the constant abuse from PSA management or the behavior of silver-spoon-sucking-sycophants in Tempe that have no idea what those PSA agents do, let alone that they exist. The short end of the stick is all that those agents are getting right now.

So, I ask again: Where's the severance package for the PSA employees?

Like I said, "Doug is full of $H!T and can SPIN better than a TOP". He is such a shyster it turns my stomach. He says what you want to hear but means NOTHING of what he says. From government levels and passengers to local officials and employees, EVERYONE takes Doug and his team of buffoons for what they are. This little tiff will cause BIG problems down the road mark my words. People were tired of hearing the excuses about PIT and they don't want to hear the US whining NOW. Though I'd be one of the employees screwed I say if it comes to a showdown....Take your circus show someplace else. This management has NO talent. I don't feel I OWE this management ONE ounce of gratitude for my profit sharing either. I thank myself along with all of the other employees that gave to the company to keep this place running. Thankful? yeah right here. :rolleyes:

Wrong. wrong. wrong. Continued clicking of your red shoes heels together will not make it "right", either.

A&W, on the other hand, with essentially the lowest, flat yields domestically, had nowhere to downsize to and likely would have fragmented into nothingness as, post 11Sep01, no one wanted to take over their universally low-yield routes/niche.
Excellent post Sharktooth...Great minds think alike.

What a bunch of political wrangling, Spector and all the others must be up for re-election in 08. Why don't spend there energy and work with PHL to mediate/resolve the issues at hand, so that it works for all affected.
Regards
DC

Back