Public Rebuke of US Airways CEO

View attachment 6738

Hmmm...did everyone take a REAL CLOSE LOOK at that photo? Is Arlen mad at Doogie because:

A.) He's lying...
B.) He's cheating the state of Pennsylvania
C.) He's drinking a beer made in Newark, New Jersey.

Tough decision...fill er' up dag nabbit!

Later,
Eye

That is awesome!!!

If you look at the "regular" picture.....Spector's body language speaks volumes.

He is probably thinking "I am going to b!tch slap that smile off your condescending face you pr!c%"! :up:

:up: :up: I bet Spector got right in a motorcade or driven car and told the driver " The Department of Transportation...and step on it" :eek: These fools are in way over thier heads. I never understood why CORP was in CCY, it did have it's strengths at times.
View attachment 6740

View attachment 6738

Hmmm...did everyone take a REAL CLOSE LOOK at that photo? Is Arlen mad at Doogie because:

A.) He's lying...
B.) He's cheating the state of Pennsylvania
C.) He's drinking a beer made in Newark, New Jersey.

Tough decision...fill er' up dag nabbit!

Later,
Eye

Eye that is too funny. Someone ought to send your post to Spector.

BTW read my signature, there may be some truth to it

Good Gosh Almighty! Reading about it is one thing. Watching it on video is just sickening. I am so embarrissed for the leaders of this company but at the same time so glad Senator Specter nailed Doug to the wall. It's well worth the watch!

Right now there is a fight going on over the redesign of the airspace over the PHL area
Delaware Residents Fighting Airspace Redesign

This is exactly the type of scenario where US would want lawmakers on their side. But sadly they have seemingly pissed off every lawmaker in PA so from every issue from the Termianl A issue, to Airspace issues, to PHL expansion and runway redesign US has nobody who has their best interest at heart.

US Airways Management is without conscience. I can't help but wonder if they are setting PHL up for a massive, staged operational implosion and subsequent exit altogether.

They've made it abundantly clear since the merger that they can't handle the people in PHL and given the way things are going, I'm smelling a set up as well.

Rumors have been running rampant about them setting up a hub elsewhere and operationally it would make more sense for them. They're just looking for a reason
Although it's a little fatalistic, I have to agree with you that Parker may be (trying) to set up PHL for a merger exit. If US and UA merge, or US buys all or portions of UA, either PHL or IAD would probably need to be significantly downsized to clear anti-trust, or more likely the routes/facilities sold/abandoned. Terminal wise, IAD is inferior to PHL A-West, but overall the airports have many of the same infrastructure headaches - both are old. The choice for the new owner is likely a tradeoff of the PHL ATC delays against limited competition for international services at PHL, versus IAD. If UA was the surviving carrier (with UA management), I have little doubt their position would be to keep IAD. That said, I cannot imagine Specter with his significant influence at DOJ, ever letting any merger go through without PHL as a key player - and Parker surely now has that message.

I do not believe Parker would ever abandon his top profit center for elsewhere, without merger motivation.

Good Gosh Almighty! Reading about it is one thing. Watching it on video is just sickening. I am so embarrissed for the leaders of this company but at the same time so glad Senator Specter nailed Doug to the wall. It's well worth the watch!
You know the pathetic part about Parker and this whole thing is that when asked how many gates US has for Intl. and also domestic ops----he does not even know the answer---

Now this being the crown jewel of the network and Parker being the man in charge----you would think he would at least know what type of operation we run in PHL----

This just shows the incompetence of this current management team------sounds to me like he relies way too much on everyone else around him and has no clue what is truly going on.....

With him at the helm, this airline will continue its downward spiral......

you know I don't agree with most of the things this airline's management does, but I agree with the statement he put
out to this corrupt B/S city.................I would bet you that WN came in greased someone palm's like it was posted here
about them and the FAA tower...this city is corrupt from A to Z US has given this city alot, now who is walking out on who.

That paragraph jumped out at me, too.

If Parker really believes that the hub-and-spoke system is "outdated", then why does he still insist on making every passenger traveling from the northeast to Florida and the islands pass through PHL -- instead of flying them point-to-point, like the airlines with whom he claims he can't compete?

In trying to justify his abandonment of PIT, he utterly contradicted himself -- or just plain bare-faced lied -- in front of two United States senators, by describing the very way he runs his own airline on a day-to-day basis as "outdated".

I wonder if he also meant the outdated hub-and-spoke system that USAirways uses in CLT & PHX?
As far as O&D, CLT and PIT are probably closer than US management would lead you to believe.
Apparently Doug has a hard time saying that it costs a lot less to do business in CLT than it does in PIT due to the fact that someone has to pay off the bond created to build the airport for USAirways in the 90's.

I also couldn't help but notice how many times Doug informed Arlen and the rest of the contingent that he saved USAirways and all of its PA employees while never mentioning the fact that America West faced the same future.
As I recall it was not Doug alone that saved anyone, it was the sacrifice of ALL the employees that saved both airlines.

linemech

.....I would bet you that WN came in greased someone palm's like it was posted here
about them and the FAA tower...this city is corrupt from A to Z US has given this city alot, now who is walking out on who.
You don't appear to understand the history and are jumping to inaccurate conclusions. When US was on the brink of dissolving itself, WN stepped up to PHL and offered to take significant risk as their first endeavor at a major congested airport. At the time, the airport committed to provide them with sufficient gate space and facilities to grow to 100 daily flights. Today they have around 65 daily flights, so the city still owes them space for 35 more. Further, the airport receives very few complaints about WNs service from it's passengers and rarely ever from the airline about runway stacking delays or airport facilities. They and their employees seem to effortessly and quietly "work" the problems. This is not a slam at US employees, just an observation about WN.

that video was hard to watch. parker got grilled.
it was hard to watch, etops? perhaps you should dial kirby on his direct line for some comforting...

it was indeed difficult to watch. doug parker is a scoundrel and a disgrace!! he conveniently blamed the entire summer 07 meltdown singularly on insufficient gate space in phl. BULL ####!!!!
the distopia that is usairways BECAUSE of parker's mismanagement was finally confronted. and doug finally revealed himself for the lying fools he is. what a complete disgrace!!

my profound gratitude to the good senator of pennsylvania for exposing this disgraceful coward!!