Pulling out of Oslo

maybe DUS?

Actually I take that back, that's a lot of capacity concentrated in one region with AMS and BRU.

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/general_aviation/read.main/5006322/
this source suggests that the new route will be phl-txl
but i wonder whats the chances of a clt-man?

TXL seems like a good possibility, as does CLT-MAN considering it would probably be initially cheaper to operate than opening a new station. Personally I'd hope for something like Berlin, though as long as the route makes money (and gee, maybe sticks around for more than one season) I'm not complaining...

Although workable, PHL-TXL with the PHL-OSL US 757-200 would probably require continuous weight restrictions. I think the 767 swapped out for the 332 on PHL-BCN would more likely be the planned aircraft for a new route - if it's TXL, WAW or SVO. Of course the now available PHL-BCN 767 could also be targeted for the new CLT-MAD route (already scheduled with a 767). There's lots of interesting scenarios possible for the 2 available aircraft.

I just read that we are pulling out of OSL for this summer. Guess another one bites the dust.

Figured that would happen pretty quickly based on our experience with ARN. I found OSL to be quite dirty and WAY overpriced....and the Norwegians pride themselves on the fact that their city is outrageously expensive. Buy some street cleaning equipment with all that money for cryin' out loud.

Couldn't wait to never go back. Now it will be easier!

(ARN, on the other hand, is awesome...and spotless.)

I can't imagine they'd start Berlin one year before the new airport opens there. I didn't think there was any capacity at TXL. I'm voting no.

I think DUS is a good choice, though I wouldn't mind if they tried Stuttgart. Only DL flies that route now from ATL.

Ultimately, I bet it will be PHL-Vienna or Copenhagen, though failing at two Scandanavian cities before does not bode well for CPH, or CLT-MAN

CLT-MAN has been talked about so long that it is kid of like CDG, FCO, and MAD. It is kind of next in line based on the rumor mill. Plus the freed-up 757 aircraft works well I would think.

Or, the other thought is trying Stockholm again.

Reactions: 1 person
Never really understood WHY US didn't codeshare/market Stockholm,Oslo and Copenhagen With SAS- since they are the dominant STAR partner in the region. There are several destinations worth a look and I am still amazed they ever left Milan.
There was a rumor that SK didn't like US invading its home turf and declined to codeshare.
Although they do extensive codesharing with CO, which serves all three SK hubs. Maybe it was something US said? :p

it was rumored over the summer... not confirmed. miss ya bro. hope your well :)
[/quote

This sucks. OSL was not a favorite of mine, but it was time, and any loss of time is a drag on all of us. And contrary to a previous post, I didn't find the city to be filthy at all. It was a nice town and it was a great tirp to help fill in the time money wise. I just hope they replace it with something. I'm glad I got a chance to visit.