PUP Scorecard 2008

eolesen

Veteran
Jul 23, 2003
On a three year basis, HA, CAL, ALK, RJET, SKYW, LUV all performed better than AMR (HA doing the best of all stocks, with LUV just barely outperforming).

JBLU, AAI, LCC, XJT, and MESA (in declining order) all performed worse than AMR.

DAL, FRNT, MEH, NWA and UAUA can't be compared, because their stock in effect on 1/1/06 had been subsequently been cancelled by bankruptcy, or in the case of MEH, the company was taken private.

From the 2007 DEF-14:

The designated competitors for the total shareholder return component are AirTran Airways, Alaska Airlines, Continental Airlines, JetBlue Airways, Southwest Airlines and US Airways. We did not include Delta Air Lines, Northwest Airlines or United Airlines as competing airlines since their stock was not listed on a national stock exchange at the inception of the 2006/2008 Performance Share Plan due to their then-pending bankruptcy proceedings.

#1 CAL
#2 ALK
#3 LUV
#4 AMR
#5 JBLU
#6 AAI
#7 LCC

Being smack dab in the middle at #4, it would appear the Privileged 1000 (just a guess at how many are covered by the plan...) get their payouts come April...

For the record, I vehemently oppose the payouts on moral and ethical grounds. It's contractual compensation, and therefore a slippery slope for employees to demand that the payouts be cancelled.

That said, and I'm not holding my breath on this, but it would be a huge display of leadership by example should senior management and Board of Directors decide not pay them out. It won't undo four years of ill will, but you have to start somewhere....

it would be a huge display of leadership by example should senior management and Board of Directors decide not pay them out. It won't undo four years of ill will, but you have to start somewhere....

Its to late they might as well take it. Even if they did forego the compensation it would not undue what has already been done. To little to late.
:down: :down: :down: :down:

heard this year's payouts for the privileged execs will be $350,000,000.00 accompanied by a 10% increase in salary.

Let the AArogance continue.

The same thing as the pro management posters here will say...AA MANAGEMENT COMPENSATION IS GROSSLY INFERIOR TO THAT OF OTHER CORPORATIONS.

Why would the mediators even bring up the PSP payouts? Management contracts aren't the subject of the mediation. Management compensation is a matter between the Board and management.

The same thing as the pro management posters here will say...AA MANAGEMENT COMPENSATION IS GROSSLY INFERIOR TO THAT OF OTHER CORPORATIONS.

That's simply because AMR's management is grossly inferior to that of other corporations - you know - the board could give them twice as much stock to sell if they thought they were worth it.

We have the best idiots money can buy.

Why would the mediators even bring up the PSP payouts? Management contracts aren't the subject of the mediation. Management compensation is a matter between the Board and management.

When AA argues to the mediator they can't afford to give employees an increase in their compensation, they'll have no shame in accepting the PUPS and salary increase.

The board, which is made up of CEO's and execs from other corporations, belong to the I'LL WASH YOUR BACK IF YOU WAS MINE club.

Don't cry the blues to the mediator if you accept hundreds of millions in PUP pay.

I truly hope that all AA employees finally see what management thinks of them. They refuse to bargain in good faith forcing mediation while at the same time take care of themselves.

When AA argues to the mediator they can't afford to give employees an increase in their compensation, they'll have no shame in accepting the PUPS and salary increase.

The board, which is made up of CEO's and execs from other corporations, belong to the I'LL WASH YOUR BACK IF YOU WAS MINE club.

Don't cry the blues to the mediator if you accept hundreds of millions in PUP pay.

I truly hope that all AA employees finally see what management thinks of them. They refuse to bargain in good faith forcing mediation while at the same time take care of themselves.

At issue is where the money comes from.

For us, the pay, benefits, etcetera and et al come from company operating bucks; directly from the corporation's bottom line.

For the execs, their swag comes from the shareholders. New stock is issued for them to sell - that's their "bone-us".

Some time ago, the company was asked for more shares to make up for the obvious effects of dilution and the company told the union (TWU) to go to hell. Evidently, they weren't interested in share-price competition, but I'm sure Little Jimmy was taken care of rather nicely.

Excellent rant, but you didn't answer my question: Why would the mediators bring up the PSP payouts to management? They aren't there to mediate management's compensation.

You have doubt that all AA employees already know what management thinks of them? I don't. I'm certain that each and every AA employee is well aware of how little AA management thinks of them.

A year ago, AA management gave a gift of $800 to each and every employee despite their crappy unions' collective failure to negotiate a meaningful and realistic profit sharing scheme. So AA wrote checks worth $64 million anyway. THAT's probably what management thinks of you: Unwilling to replace your worthless union with one that might have the brains to negotiate a real profit sharing and gain-sharing arrangement. I suspect there's lots of laughter at HDQ every time they think of how worthless your union is and how impotent you all are at replacing them. :D

Excellent rant, but you didn't answer my question: Why would the mediators bring up the PSP payouts to management? They aren't there to mediate management's compensation.

You have doubt that all AA employees already know what management thinks of them? I don't. I'm certain that each and every AA employee is well aware of how little AA management thinks of them.

A year ago, AA management gave a gift of $800 to each and every employee despite their crappy unions' collective failure to negotiate a meaningful and realistic profit sharing scheme. So AA wrote checks worth $64 million anyway. THAT's probably what management thinks of you: Unwilling to replace your worthless union with one that might have the brains to negotiate a real profit sharing and gain-sharing arrangement. I suspect there's lots of laughter at HDQ every time they think of how worthless your union is and how impotent you all are at replacing them. :D

The mediator doesn't have to bring up the greedy PUP pay.. But he/she can sure as hell considerate it.
And excuse me while I get a tissue and wipe my tears because the company gave each employee $800 dollars while the top executives were sharing millions year after year.

You can defend and make all excuses you want FWAAA, but the bottom line is that many employees had concessions crammed down their throats, and yes with the help of the unions and the top greedy execs GOT EVERYTHING THEY INITALLY GAVE UP YEAR AFTER YEAR.

And as for your trying to get us upset at our union, namely the TWU, save your breath. Is is beyond upset that we are. We petitioned for another union only to have the company and their pet union team together and have dead and retired people included in the card count.

The TWU is worthless.

And has for the laughter coming from HDQ, it is not just the fat cats laughing...Jim Little was there too laughing....

You seem to have a real problem with a union that doesn't fight for its members. But when we speak of wanting to get back what we lost, you and other pro company lackeys like ourself call us greedy and unrealistic.

I tell you what, since the shareholders pay for the hundreds of millions in exec PUPS, maybe we need to help drive the share price into penny stock territory.

C'mon people, they gave us some NRSA travel lounges and those of us working on the AOA get neat green vest to wear in lieu of real compensation. :ninja:

C'mon people, they gave us some NRSA travel lounges and those of us working on the AOA get neat green vest to wear in lieu of real compensation. :ninja:

Don't forget all the free sick time counseling with the bonus threats against your job.