Wow. Look at our stock

Aafsc and Hackman

Remember the shoe could be on the other foot tomorrow. When we get stapled to the bottom of a list, we will not have a leg to stand on. I’m also sure that you will be the ones that are screaming about how unfair it is.

Past practice will eat you lunch in front of the arbitrator.

Why would a viable carriers employees (non-bankrupt and not facing Chapter 7 Liquidation) involved in a merger (not a buyout) be stapled??? Makes no sense to me, and that would be very wrong. Two very different examples here.

Like I said...again....when AMR Eagle employees cross over to AA they do not get full seniority, but TWA should???

AA employees should be made to suffer because cAArty the fool bought the whole bankrupt airline???

I wish everyone in the airline business had portable seniority, but that's not the case.

I have a hard time thinking an arbitrator would rule in a straight across merger that one carriers' employees should lose.

I'm done with the seniority subject, I'm very tired of it.

How about that AMR stock!!!!! Our-pay and the boys gotta be calling up the Brinks trucks again for the next cash haul!!!! :down: :angry: :down: :angry:

Why would a viable carriers employees (non-bankrupt and not facing Chapter 7 Liquidation) involved in a merger (not a buyout) be stapled??? Makes no sense to me, and that would be very wrong. Two very different examples here.

Like I said...again....when AMR Eagle employees cross over to AA they do not get full seniority, but TWA should???

AA employees should be made to suffer because cAArty the fool bought the whole bankrupt airline???

I wish everyone in the airline business had portable seniority, but that's not the case.

I have a hard time thinking an arbitrator would rule in a straight across merger that one carriers' employees should lose.

I'm done with the seniority subject, I'm very tired of it.

How about that AMR stock!!!!! Our-pay and the boys gotta be calling up the Brinks trucks again for the next cash haul!!!! :down: :angry: :down: :angry:

Hackman

I don’t care what title (merger, buyout) you want to put on it; TWA was a functioning company until the day Carty got stupid. As a member of a union you should want to protect all workers in valued. TWA employees paid there dues to this industry just like you have and should not be screwed for corporate mismanagement and greed.

As for Eagle. Until there is a time that seniority cares from one carrier to another (which I’m not apposed to), Eagle is stand alone carrier and seniority does carrier between carriers. If AA would merger, buy, or ect. Eagle, I would be in support of a merger of the seniority lists.
:up: :up:

They may have been functioning, but TWA had about a week's worth of cash left to buy gas and meet payroll. Independence Air, Enron, Frontier 1, Mongomery Ward, Eastern, NFL Europa, National 2, SunRocket (internet phone provider), Pan Am 1 & 2, Pets.com, Braniff 1 & 2, Etoys.com, JetsGo, and a half dozen other carriers were all functioning companies up until the day they closed up shop as well.

I'm with Hackman. This is a tired topic and nobody is ever going to budge from their fantasy viewpoint of TWA prior to the asset sale.

The fact is that you were sold at a garage sale before the bank had the chance to sell you off piece by piece at an auction, and your unions were not bargaining from a position of strength.

Time to move on and pick up the pieces already -- it's been six and a half years now...

Eric, I will move on with this tread, but I must remind everyone, every time buy outs and mergers or what ever you want to call them arises. What happened to TWA was dead wrong and you know it. At AA all the above could happen to us. The people who #### about seniority will be the ones that scream about getting screwed even though they were ones screwing TWA for there own personal gains.

Eric, I will move on with this tread, but I must remind everyone, every time buy outs and mergers or what ever you want to call them arises. What happened to TWA was dead wrong and you know it. At AA all the above could happen to us. The people who #### about seniority will be the ones that scream about getting screwed even though they were ones screwing TWA for there own personal gains.
"screwing TWA for their own personal GAINS"? Use your brain. It is called career expectations. The nAAtives did not GAIN anything; they just protected what they already had. Had the TWAers got full DOH, the nAAtives would have LOST BIG and they (TWAers) would have made HUGE personal GAINS at the expense of nAAtives. As far as AA employees are concerned, we have protection in our contracts and AA (unlike TWA) is no where near bankruptcy/liquidation. This has been rehashed over and over and over again. The TWAers who keep posting here wishing for us to suffer their fate need to quit stirring the pot.

"screwing TWA for their own personal GAINS"? Use your brain. It is called career expectations. The nAAtives did not GAIN anything; they just protected what they already had. Had the TWAers got full DOH, the nAAtives would have LOST BIG and they (TWAers) would have made HUGE personal GAINS at the expense of nAAtives. As far as AA employees are concerned, we have protection in our contracts and AA (unlike TWA) is no where near bankruptcy/liquidation. This has been rehashed over and over and over again. The TWAers who keep posting here wishing for us to suffer their fate need to quit stirring the pot.
<_< ----- aa, Give it a brake! Everything that can be said, has been said!--- :down:

<_< ----- aa, Give it a brake! Everything that can be said, has been said!--- :down:
I agree. But those who constantly whine (look in the mirror), instigate and antagonize by posting snide remarks and wishing AA and it's employees the worst MUST cease. To date,I have never started a thread on this forum; I only respond to what others have posted.

It's part of their self-perpetuating martyrdom.

I have always felt strongly that the company should recall the TWA flight attendants, but, based on the post you cited, as well as the bitter posts of such individuals as FurloughedbyAPFA, I no longer feel that way.

They demand respect, but refuse to give it.

God Bless You!

Don't know all the details, but I believe AMR already has one which was put into place after Trump's failed takeover attempt back in 1989 or so.

I agree. But those who constantly whine (look in the mirror), instigate and antagonize by posting snide remarks and wishing AA and it's employees the worst MUST cease. To date,I have never started a thread on this forum; I only respond to what others have posted.
<_< ----- Care to check it aa, I'm not the one who doing the whining! And as is your constant style, you never seem to get the facts right!----- Where, oh illustrrous one did I wish anyone ill? The parania on this board astonds me!----- The hate refleted here borders on pyscodic! People, you need help!----- It seems the TWA boggyman syndrom is still live and well at AA!---- :down:

<_< ----- Care to check it aa, I'm not the one who doing the whining! And as is your constant style, you never seem to get the facts right!----- Where, oh illustrrous one did I wish anyone ill? The parania on this board astonds me!----- The hate refleted here borders on pyscodic! People, you need help!----- It seems the TWA boggyman syndrom is still live and well at AA!---- :down:
If you would reread my post I said "those" as in many; meaning some people (like you) whine (and you have whined incessantly in the past about seniority) and others have wished AA and it's employees ill, twaokc immediately comes to mind.

I have always felt strongly that the company should recall the TWA flight attendants, but, based on the post you cited, as well as the bitter posts of such individuals as FurloughedbyAPFA, I no longer feel that way.
I thought you had your change of heart a while back.
While I normally appreciate your posts, and until I read Furloughed's comments, I was squarely in the former TWA flight attendants' corner, now I really could care less.

Furloughed's comments were not just aimed at the union; they were also aimed at active AA flight attendants, implying that we are all either too stupid or selfish to NOT realize the danger in making deals with Crew Schedule. You try to portray ALL of the furloughed's as consummate professionals and unionists, I happen to know that PLENTY of them made "deals with the devil," at one point or another during their career. There will ALWAYS be those types in every workforce.

Your comments are well-intended, Nancy, but, based on my experience with Furloughed here, I no longer care whether they bring any furloughees back.
You would be quite entertaining, if not so sad. I am sure that this is not the only issue in your life you are bitter about.

It's funny how a bad experience with somebody can change perceptions considerably. I HAD been hoping for the recall of more former TWA flight attendants, but if your apparent over-the-top bitterness is shared by the others on the furlough list, I really could care less whether you get recalled or not.

I would not give up one thin dime in additional concessions to bring FurloughedbyAPFA back.

All former TWA people rightfully belong at the bottom of the seniority lists. If anything "bad" happens at AA, the TWAers will be the first to go.
<_< ---- And this isn't a prime example of TWA bashing, hate mongering, wishing exTWAers ill? Ain't you being a little hypocritical? No, I'd say a "LOT"! :down: Now, what's that about looking in a mirror!?

Latest posts