Q&A with Scott Kirby

Bob

Yes you can take the recipt back and get a credit....but the store is not going to come out and say that they will be on sale next week.

US1YFare

That Koolaid is just fine....when you drink enough of it, the after taste just goes away.

They have never said that. At least not the stores I shop at....(And don't you even say Wal-Mart, K-mart and Big Lots.)

Please show me where he was being arrogant......

He hasn't taught me everything....but I am learning....
Yeah, learning how to receive bonuses while others take huge concessions..Rah, Rah, Rah, Hurray fo me....

They would say, yes, there is going to be a sale in the next few weeks and if you return this shirt with your receipt, we will reimburse you the difference. THE SAME THING US DID WITH VOUCHERS PREVIOUSLY.

Here’s another thing you can do at stores: negotiate a lower price.

And what’s wrong with shopping for clothes at Sears or Wally-World?

Having riden on a flight and chatted up a Senior Executive from a Marketing Partner of US Airways I had an interesting assessment from this individual of two people who are executives of US Airways. We were discussing FFOCUS and the topic of Arrogant Airline Executives came up. He offered the following UNSOLICITED. This is nearly verbatim, I remember so well because of the bluntness of the remarks to a virtual stranger.

"Doug Parker, Is a pretty good guy, not so full of himself! Now Scott Kirby is as arrogant an airline executive as I've ever met."

Take it for what it's worth.

From what I know and what I have seen your trvling companion was dead on. The only HP-now US VP who is right up there with Kirby is Joe Beery. Sometimes I wonder if my view of Doug is realistic when he surrounds himself with the likes of these two. Neither have any people skills or humility but I have seen them kiss Dougs backside when hes been around. Can he really not see through that? Are there really no replacements that have the knowlege and people skills to fill their positions? I still think we should have a reality show to see who can run an airline. Cross between Trumps show and WN's. First task, track a missing bag from PHL and than hand out pink slips to the two lackeys mentioned above.