QIK Over Shares. Enhancements Ditched?

Yes you are right this is typical managements attitude the agents will figure it out they have in the pass and they will now. They always throw changes out there and the agents step-up. HP SHARES is antiquated for the new USAirways..SHARES IS AND WILL NEED A WHOLE LOT OF UPGRADES. Meanwhile the agent will have to figure out the unsatisfactory results to our customers. SHARES IS NOT READY FOR THE NEW USAIRWAYS. The agents fought/negotiated a long drawn out battle with management with SABER to have it upgraded many many times to get it operating in its efficient way. THANKS FOR YOUR CHEEP SUPPORT.Just keep doing what they taught you in Flight Attendant training
ASK THE AGENT

WTF dude? What they teach us in training is that ya'all will do your jobs and not duplicate seat folks, not put 5 year olds in the exit row, will allow us 5 minutes to get the cabin ready for pax, etc. What I have experienced .... well for the most part that is true and I enjoy working with most of you.

The gate job sucks ass in my opinion and I have a lot of respect for the folks that can hack it. But, honestly, do not get pissed at me because someone decided to use SHARES. It was NOT my decision to make, just like I did not CHOOSE to reconfigure planes, or change the cart pack outs, or change the meals, or change the retiriee travel benefits.

NONE of that was MY decision so just because I happen to be from the WEST does NOT make me a bad guy. In the end, I want what most everyone wants, the tools to keep the customers happy and coming back. However, at HP and now US you will NEVER ever get the tools you need and NO ONE in the sand castle will EVER listen to you!

WTF dude? What they teach us in training is that ya'all will do your jobs and not duplicate seat folks, not put 5 year olds in the exit row,
Can you say kiosks over 70% of our passengers check there self in

Yes you are right this is typical managements attitude the agents will figure it out they have in the pass and they will now. They always throw changes out there and the agents step-up. HP SHARES is antiquated for the new USAirways..SHARES IS AND WILL NEED A WHOLE LOT OF UPGRADES. Meanwhile the agent will have to figure out the unsatisfactory results to our customers. SHARES IS NOT READY FOR THE NEW USAIRWAYS. The agents fought/negotiated a long drawn out battle with management with SABER to have it upgraded many many times to get it operating in its efficient way. THANKS FOR YOUR CHEEP SUPPORT.Just keep doing what they taught you in Flight Attendant training
ASK THE AGENT
Take it up with management, not the FA's.

:down:

Rumor has it the kiosks will not be up and running at cutover. DECS may not be ready for the switch either. The only enhancement to QIK over Shares is a automated sales report.

If this is true, Tempe is putting the cart way ahead of the horse. If you think the system melted down a couple Christmas's ago, just wait until Spring Break 2007!

I have seen many system changes, yet I have never seen the airline so poised for a meltdown.

One can only hope that people that matter will step away from making their Delta our Delta, and get this horse running on all four legs first.

:censored:

I can't wait for the cutover in March- we still don't even have QIK installed on our gate computers yet. So what happens in March? The system goes down and how do we cope at the gates with no computers? The system is a nightmare at the ticket counter. I still go to native Sabre for anything more than a basic checkin or seat change. Have still not been able to get an invol to work. And very few boarding passes from edifact airlines just the response it is pending but never prints. This system is more than archaic, it is like going back to the 60's or 70's. I can't wait to see the delays come March especially since we still have no gate computers and will have zero time to work or train with them if we do get them installed.

This issue is going to concern everyone. The company is poised for the biggest melt down anyone currently working has ever experienced. The lack or preparation is astounding. Shares has been freezing up in training classes and hence, most agents are getting short changed on their two day training seminar. The responses and procedures in Shares are totally different than Sabre. We have had the opportunity to compare QIK/Shares and Sabre in our station and Sabre most definately is a superior platform. This forum is too limited to make the technical comparisons, but they are significant. Shares is not any where close to being ready for a smooth transition. It makes no sense to be hasty here. The customers are going to suffer ultimately, and in the end, we will lose many valuable preferred customers to the competition. Perhaps changing the name to the new Delta will be prudent afterall, once our name is dragged through the gutter, it will be too late for damage control. I sincerely hope that Doug Parker has the foresight to take a step back and listen to his employees on the east coast before making
such a terrible mistake! :oops:

I showed a friend at HP the USAir G* for each city, which is important for any gate agent / supervisor to view at a hub to see what's going on, and was told Shares doesn't have that capability and she said "omg, that would be SSSOOO nice to have"

Sample of a G-Splat

G*PHL for today: (formatting will be lost with cut & paste)

But this shows the flight, date, departure gate, sched dept, status of flight (boarding, closed, open, final, etc) type of A/C, destinations and if it says "FLIFO" means there is a delay posted & to check it.

3643 18JAN F34 1555 PDC RJP BNA
4566 18JAN F19 1555 PDC DH8 ISP PHL
3803 18JAN F28 1555 PDC RJP PWM PHL
3870 18JAN F29 1555 PDC RJP CLE PHL
3855 18JAN F31 1600 PDC RJP MHT PHL
1821 18JAN B3 1610 PDC 733 PVD
7461 18JAN 1610 OPENCI ERJ IAD
4210 18JAN F2 1615 PDC DH8 HVN PHL
0777 18JAN C29 1615 PDC 757 LAS
4160 18JAN F14 1620 PDC DH8 AVP PHL
1597 18JAN C26 1624 PDC 320 LAX FLIFO
6130 18JAN 1626 OPENCI 319 DEN