Question about Transfers....

TPAA&P

Sep 11, 2005
I am looking for some help, and maybe you know something, I am a licensed aircraft mechanic(no expirience), and I work as a Fleet Service Agent in Tampa, FL, for USAir and I am trying to transfer to an A & P Mechanic position (wherever I can) but I don't know what to do....I sent a Transfer Request(PE-66) to PIT/H580 but I don't know if they received or not, I have been calling them but nobody answers the phone, maybe I sent to wrong department or something, or simply It is difficult to get a position as a mechanic (??) .....what do you suggest me to do ?? In this station nobody knows anything, nobody can help, and that really sucks, so please help me with this matter.

Thanks in advance....

TPAA&P

In this station nobody knows anything, nobody can help, and that really sucks, so please help me with this matter.

Thanks in advance....

TPAA&P

Have you looked at www.americawest.com, under job opportunities or the compass website. At least you'll get an idea of where the openings are at. I believe I did see some mechanic and avionics openings here in Phx.

Have you looked at www.americawest.com, under job opportunities or the compass website. At least you'll get an idea of where the openings are at. I believe I did see some mechanic and avionics openings here in Phx.
Promoting to a A&P position in the west would be difficult at best. There is a substantial OJT requirment, with many stock clerks and Interiors personel waiting for openings.

Is it worth to wait for mainline ?? or should I go for USAir express ?? It sounds like is going to be difficult to get a position with mainline.... :down:

I've been laid off for 6 months. So alot could of changed. Assuming the US Airways mtc & rel contract has'nt changed & Also assuming AWA employees can cross over to U now. you could probably put in for PHL or BOS and be working mainline in no time. I know thats alot of assuming but that the way it used to be. Hope it does'nt make an ### out of u & me. LOL

I've been laid off for 6 months. So alot could of changed. Assuming the US Airways mtc & rel contract has'nt changed & Also assuming AWA employees can cross over to U now. you could probably put in for PHL or BOS and be working mainline in no time. I know thats alot of assuming but that the way it used to be. Hope it does'nt make an ### out of u & me. LOL
TPAA&P
I agree with Aerosmith. BOS and PHL have consistantly looked for new hire A&P mechanics. PHL recently hired 12 off the street and is planning to hire additional mechanics in early 06. Speak with Brad in TPA or contact PHL maintenance mgmt. direct.