I Need Help !

TPAA&P

Sep 11, 2005
I HAVE A QUESTION HERE I DON'T KNOW IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME.....THE THING IS THAT I GOT HIRED BY US AIRWAYS (TAMPA, FL) TO WORK IN THE RAMP LIKE 6 WEEKS AGO, AND I GOT MY A & P LICENCE A WEEK AGO.
MY PLAN WAS OR IS TO WORK FOR THEM AS A RAMP AGENT TO TRANSFER OR APPLY INTERNALLY FOR AN A & P POSITION (TO MOVE UP NORTH: PHL, BOS OR DCA) BUT I DON'T KNOW IF YOU CAN IF YOU HAVEN'T FINISHED YOUR PROBATION PERIOD, OR THIS REALLY ISN'T A MATTER BECAUSE YOU WOULD BE UPGRADING, I REALLY DON'T KNOW, SO IF ANYBODY KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT THIS MATTER PLEASE GIVE A REPLY ..... I'VE BEEN ASKING A LOT OF PEOPLE ABOUT THIS, BUT NOBODY CAN GIVE ME AN EXACT, ACCURATE, ANSWER.
YOUR HELP WILL BE APPRECIATE IT.

JSsup said:
well, you are crossing divisions. So I would assume you would be treated as a new hire as a mechanic but keep your date of hire /travel except your occupational seniority would be from your date of hire as a mechanic.
[post="299378"][/post]​

WHAT ABOUT THE PROBATION ?? DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA ???

As I'm sure you know, it is the same Union. Based on past practices, I would say that you will have to wait until you have cleared your probation period. I know that the IAM-FSA group are not even permitted to Shift trade while on probation. I would check with your IAM rep. to be certain.

wings396 said:
As I'm sure you know, it is the same Union. Based on past practices, I would say that you will have to wait until you have cleared your probation period. I know that the IAM-FSA group are not even permitted to Shift trade while on probation. I would check with your IAM rep. to be certain.
[post="299424"][/post]​

I AM NOT EVEN ENROLLED WITH THE UNION YET BECAUSE LIKE I SAID BEFORE I HAVEN'T FINISHED MY 90 DAYS PROBATION PERIOD, THAT'S WHY I AM ASKING IF I SHOULD FINISH MY PROBATION FIRST BEFORE APPLYING FOR A MECHANIC'S POSITION.
I DON'T KNOW IF THAT WOULD MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE.

wait until you satisfy your probation in the job classification you are in and after you are in the union.
when you have completed this you may upgrade per union/company agreement if there are system bids available.when you upgrade to mechanic classification you will undergo a probationary period but not quite to the degree of being terminated if you don't pan out.if you didn't cut it as a mech,they send you back to your original classification.
your union steward can and will advise you on this.
good luck.

TPAA&P

STOP YELLING!

Typing in all caps is harder to read and is considered yelling on message boards. Bring it down a notch! ;)

MarkMyWords said:
TPAA&P

STOP YELLING!

Typing in all caps is harder to read and is considered yelling on message boards. Bring it down a notch! ;)
[post="299467"][/post]​

HAHA I DO IT THIS WAY IN ORDER THE PEOPLE CAN READ IT BETTER, YOU KNOW ;)

Dont even waste your time, this company does not want to do maint. or have mechanics work on the airplanes. They would rather have a 3rd rate contract maint. base do the work as long as it saves them a buck, no matter what could happen. There is no future at this company. Second if you are in FL why would you even think of moving to the rust belt. Go sell crack on a street corner, the job pays better,you dont have to work weekends and thier is a little bit of dignity with the job.

DR.EVIL said:
Dont even waste your time, this company does not want to do maint. or have mechanics work on the airplanes. They would rather have a 3rd rate contract maint. base do the work as long as it saves them a buck, no matter what could happen. There is no future at this company. Second if you are in FL why would you even think of moving to the rust belt. Go sell crack on a street corner, the job pays better,you dont have to work weekends and thier is a little bit of dignity with the job.
[post="299490"][/post]​

Who agrees with this guy ?? :down:

TPAA&P said:
Any more suggestions ??
[post="299486"][/post]​
If your gonna waste ur time in phl u may as well apply w/ air wisconson you'll make about 4 bucks an hr more to stat than airways!!!!!!!1 :up: