Question: In res why do we not get 1 hour flex time in bad

Res

Senior
Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
weather situation...this would make things alot easier when trying to arrive thru awful conditions, rather than give the employees an occurance fo arriving a little late...although they would have to make up time on other end of their shift..?
..if I didn''t leave enough time to get the snow/ice off my car to arrive on time, or run into a traffic backlog...I would turn around and call off...even when I had started out with good intentions..knowing I would get an occurance anyway, if I was a few minutes late.

I can't agree with you more. Management should re-evaluate the current policy and use some common sense. NO matter how early you leave, you can always encounter difficulties when driving in snow, sleet, freezing rain.. I've heard many echo your sentiments of "If it will be an occurrence, I'll call in sick." Most of us have risked life and limb for years trying to get to work in bad weather and will continue to do so. It would be nice if you didn't get penalized for being a few minutes late when conditions are adverse. BTW how many managers/ regionals do you expect to see today //their holiday..Presidents Day? It will be interesting.

What is expected of employees in bad weather is absolutely insane. I have known people trying to come in to Res, wrecking cars, getting hurt, etc. After all the concessions and giving the employees have done..what is the problem with giving some leeway on arrival time, especially if you make it up at the end of your shift? Some appreciation..as I said on another thread..I would never do it again..not worth it.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/17/2003 9:15:52 AM callgirlcindie wrote:

What is expected of employees in bad weather is absolutely insane. I have known people trying to come in to Res, wrecking cars, getting hurt, etc. After all the concessions and giving the employees have done..what is the problem with giving some leeway on arrival time, especially if you make it up at the end of your shift? Some appreciation..as I said on another thread..I would never do it again..not worth it.
----------------
[/blockquote]

In most cases, employees will have advance notice of a developing weather system and should have enough responsibility to plan ahead. Instead of expecting an entitlement to arrive late at work, why not wake up 30 to 60 minutes early knowing it will take additional time to clean off the car and drive cautiously to work. Productivity is the only way we will get out of CH11 and stay ahead in the current industry conditions, and productivity is the first thing that is affected by people who don't plan ahead. I'm not advocating wrecking your car to get to work on time, I only believe that careful advnce planning will often allow you to get to work safely as well as on-time.

Even with advance planning you cannot predict accidents, road closures, etc. I do not think productivity would be hampered in any way by allowing a conscientious employee willing to brave the elements to come to work in bad weather to have a little leeway. No matter how much you plan ahead things can happen. I do believe that Res has forgotton how to reward the employees that do care, that do show up, albeit a few minutes late in bad weather. We employees are number one, loyal and dedicated, but human as well. Your attitude reflects the main problem of U. No willingness to think outside the box and work with employees to make a positive difference.

Gimme a break, this company is not gonna go out of business if employees can't make it in to work.

This company does not care, the ramp was ice yesterday around 2pm in CLT, I told them it is not safe, they still kept planes arriving and departing, while I was pushing the plane off the gate, it almost jacknifed because the plane and pushback tug skidded while applying the brakes gently. Almost had a 319 into the terminal.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/17/2003 9:28:52 PM CCFLTRN wrote:

Loyalty ???

......my feelings anymore ??? ....Let the Customers wait...it appears that USAirways does not care about customer service....only saving $$$ and cutting staff.

Such is Life
----------------
[/blockquote]

Geez I learned that lesson eons ago...much brighter, more prosperous,less stressful, and most of all, no tyranny "on the outside". Remember LILNINJ? I didn't know him or her, but dang that person had the right idea.

Livin' the high life on Davey's Gravy.
[img src='http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/images/smilies/2.gif']

Loyalty ???

Geez...I work in the PIT CRO...and made it in to work today for my eight hours. Snow deep, road terrible, and nasty callers most of the day...holding 200-300 calls on the average. Yeah...I have to "laugh" at the decision to close MCO...knowing it would bite the company in the a**...in due time ! For my time & loyalty...I got two prepaid phone cards by USAirways and Cokes for only a 25 cents...what a great reward !
TGIF...my feelings anymore ??? ....Let the Customers wait...it appears that USAirways does not care about customer service....only saving $$$ and cutting staff.

Such is Life

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/17/2003 9:28:52 PM CCFLTRN wrote:

Loyalty ???

For my time & loyalty...I got two prepaid phone cards by USAirways and Cokes for only a 25 cents...what a great reward !

Such is Life
----------------
[/blockquote]
Hey, you got more than we did in INT/MSB..we got free coffee...whoop de do. I would have preferred a phone card or nothing at all.[img src='http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/images/smilies/9.gif']