Question Regarding Ramp Outsourcing

FLYUSAIRWAYS

Advanced
Feb 21, 2004
A question regarding the latest round of ramp outsourcing. In the cities that are scheduled to outsource in April, will the OPS function be included in the outsource, or will those jobs be turned into CWA openings for the inside agents to bid on? I know that in some cities where the ramp is contracted out, inside agents work OPS. If anyone knows anything in regards to this question, please post.

Thanks for the info. I'm wondering who is going to train all these new contract rampers and OPS agents. I am sure the 25 year agents, going out the door, want no part of training their $8.00 replacements?????

in abe, the ops is part of ramp and will be out the door so an 7.50 an hr scab will work it. as far as for our city, whoever takes the ramp will have to know ops and they will have to start from scratch as i will not show them how to do it

someone bitter? what if you walked into a new job and people were a$$holes to you and wouldnt show you how to do your job?

airbiiguy said:
someone bitter? what if you walked into a new job and people were a$$holes to you and wouldnt show you how to do your job?
[post="256609"][/post]​

In the past, new hires were AN ADDITION to the people already there. They were not REPLACEMENTS. So the veterans had no problems training the newhires. But in this circumstance, they would be training their REPLACEMENTS. Would you be so eager to train your replacement? Would you be willing to assist a management team that considers you to be nothing more than a liability that must be dispensed with? Let someone from management train them.

I don't blame the replacements. I also don't blame guys like Robbedagain for not showing them how to do the job. I assume US has a training dept.? Let them bear the responsibility. Judging from your name, I assume you're a pilot? If so, maybe you'd like to show some of the Mesa boys how to fly your Airbus? Either way, your post is incredibly arrogant.

aafsc said:
In the past, new hires were AN ADDITION to the people already there. They were not REPLACEMENTS. So the veterans had no problems training the newhires. But in this circumstance, they would be training their REPLACEMENTS. Would you be so eager to train your replacement? Would you be willing to assist a management team that considers you to be nothing more than a liability that must be dispensed with? Let someone from management train them.
[post="256614"][/post]​

i said blame mgmt for the f'ed up situation people are put into.

airbiiguy said:
[post="256609"][/post]​
well i am not bitter just upset at the fact that the replacement people is what usair wants instead of the experience. why should I show some 8 buck an hr who is replacing me what to do? if it was a newhire no problem but a replacement???
would you if your dept was being outsourced? i am bitter that our "wonderful" iam union sold us and 22 other cities out the window to protect the ones in phl etc etc.

the majority always wins robbed and they voted that POS contract in. Blame your IAM buddies for that. The replacement people are just trying to make a living like everyone else is. Sorry but your job doesnt require many skills and I know cuz I worked ramp and counter at one point. 9/10 the company wins the battle and the unions should have given earlier than they did.

airbiiguy said:
the majority always wins robbed and they voted that POS contract in. Blame your IAM buddies for that. The replacement people are just trying to make a living like everyone else is. Sorry but your job doesnt require many skills and I know cuz I worked ramp and counter at one point. 9/10 the company wins the battle and the unions should have given earlier than they did.
[post="256654"][/post]​
if my job doesnt require many skills, then how come i as a full time ops agent had to go to clt to get the specialized training. this is the same kind of sh!t that the new scabs will have to get some how some way

Robbed...I think you mentioned that the package offered your station only had PHL, LGA and BOS. Could you elaborate on that, for example were part time openings offered in more desirable locations. Thanks

robbedagain said:
if my job doesnt require many skills, then how come i as a full time ops agent had to go to clt to get the specialized training. this is the same kind of sh!t that the new scabs will have to get some how some way
[post="256699"][/post]​

Every ramp and ticket agent has to go to training ...big deal , i spent over 6 weeks training to do both ramp and counter. sabre,GSC, deicing blah blah blah. These are skills that are not overly difficult to learn so your job is expendable to cheaper labor which can learn the job also. Yes the company is gonna have to spend money to train the new "scabs" or whatever you wanna call them but its gonna cost them less in the long run. Do I want the old days where we were all one big family with the best airline in the biz , YES! But it's never going to happen so if you don't like whats going on learn a new skill get a different job , thats what I did :) I may sound like im on the company's side but I'm really not. I'm just smart enough to realize moaning and blaming everyone else isnt going to win your old job/pay and rules back.

airbiiguy said:
[post="256609"][/post]​

Are you a jerk or just naturally dense? It's one thing to refuse to help a new employee. It's another thing entirely to help a new employee who is taking your job.

Latest posts