Recall letters reach the 99' "newhire" pilots

Pure speculation, but it may have more to do with the reserve system than anything else. These are all reserve positions, plus the 76I positions will likely be gone with the seasonal cutback in the fall.

Jim

You're right. Somehow they fell through the cracks as I went from my list made going thru the bid to typing them up by equipment. Thanks.

Jim

Pure speculation, but it may have more to do with the reserve system than anything else. These are all reserve positions, plus the 76I positions will likely be gone with the seasonal cutback in the fall.

Jim

Jim what happens when the seasonal cutback occurrs? Do they transition back to domestic or what?

It would vary because of individual preference, but most of the "extra" international folks probably go to domestic, causing some of the junior folks there to go back to 737/A320.

Of course, any recalled folks filling these 75/76 openings will be real junior, so their option may be limited to 737/A320 come fall.

Jim

It would vary because of individual preference, but most of the "extra" international folks probably go to domestic, causing some of the junior folks there to go back to 737/A320.

Of course, any recalled folks filling these 75/76 openings will be real junior, so their option may be limited to 737/A320 come fall.

Jim

Sounds like a lot of training for nothing. Thanks Jim.

They are going to be needed when the new age 60 rule goes into effect.

Are you referencing the requirement of at least one pilot age 60 or below if other pilot is over 60? That would seem to present some new scheduling challenges,especially in the 767 international arena since the majority are very near age 60 I would assume.

Update from alpa. Another batch of letters are going out Feb 1. These letters will reach down to the 3rd person of the 4/26/99 Class.... 80 more positions to fill, 255 letters being sent out.

As a furloughee who can't get any info, I thank you guys for this post...I really appreciate it, as do others, I'm sure...please keep the data coming.

As a furloughee who can't get any info, I thank you guys for this post...I really appreciate it, as do others, I'm sure...please keep the data coming.
Jan31 ALPA update:
"The Committee has also obtained more information on the recall of 160 pilots into non EMB-190 class dates, including that 464 certified letters were mailed on January 16, 2006. The Company has prepared an additional 255 certified letters, which will be mailed tomorrow, February 1, 2007. More information on recalls is contained in the Grievance update."

Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back