Remember this in 2005? Union leaders bad or good?

I have paid union dues 25 years ......I have every right to have opinion...agree with me or not.... I am a college graduate and majored in buisness.... No where in Buisness 101 on how to make money does unions play a role...... Hard working employees yes...Union mgt...NO! Do you see unions organizing at companies where there are no profits? Why is that? Unions organize where they see dollar signs....

You dont even know what you post?

Unions play/played a big role in business, do you see child labor in factories in the US anymore?

Shall I continue?

Do you realize people were killed, hurt and maimed in order to have the right to be in a union?

You dont even know what you post?

Unions play/played a big role in business, do you see child labor in factories in the US anymore?

Shall I continue?

You need to re read the post you claim to understand. Most union factories left and went oversees... I see few humans period left in US factories. Thanks for making my point. Why do unions only organize at proitable companies? Whats the motive? If unions are concerned about workers why not organize at all companies? Unions love money and power.. Money doesnt mean profit in all instances.....Think about it and dont feel bad when the light bulb pops on lol :) Have a good one! Please hit ignore!

They are plenty of unionized factories still in the US, back up your claim!

US wasnt profitable when Fleet and CSA were organized.

There goes another one of your so called facts, keep trying please.

How many times do I have to explain things to you?

Unions are non-profit organizations and every single penny they spend is reported to the DOL under the LMRDA and is available for anyone to see.

Can you say the same about a company?

You make this way too easy!

They are plenty of unionized factories still in the US, back up your claim!

US wasnt profitable when Fleet and CSA were organized.

There goes another one of your so called facts, keep trying please.

How many times do I have to explain things to you?

Unions are non-profit organizations and every single penny they spend is reported to the DOL under the LMRDA and is available for anyone to see.

Can you say the same about a company?

You make this way too easy!

Its your world....

Its called reality, glad to see you cant debate or refute the facts.

Typical, you havent changed a bit.

Now go back to Doug's office and fetch his coffee.

The fact is unions are dying.
If it was not for government unions they would be almost completely meaningless now. And why any professional thinks they need a union is beyond me. Currently unions do more bad then good, IMHO.
If you want an employee organization why does it need to be a national affiliated union, which is of course mostly a political body not very concerned with their workers? Why do unions treat their own staff so bad, they are notorious for offering low wages and little to no benefits? It's a shame and you folks have bought into it hook line and sinker.

The airline industry management are the poster children on why you need unions.

And I have never been in a union that doesnt care about their members and employees.

More garbage your spewing, you are all sure up early in Tempe, and its against US rules to post from your work computer.

The fact is unions are dying.
If it was not for government unions they would be almost completely meaningless now.
This statement is meaningless because they are

And why any professional thinks they need a union is beyond me. Currently unions do more bad then good, IMHO.
Tell that to the HP agents who had some of the worst pay in the airlines business

If you want an employee organization why does it need to be a national affiliated union, which is of course mostly a political body not very concerned with their workers?

Because having a voice and collective bargaining is the way it is in the airline world. Tried the company round table meetings they were meaningless just a company way to give you information and your voice felled on deaf ears. The end results were devastating to the agent work group

Union vs. Non-Union
In 2009, 16.9 million wage and salary workers were represented by a union; therefore, the majority of workers in the United States are non-union or an “employee at will”. Ask why do the CEO(s) and Executives work under a contract that guarantees their working conditions and non-union workers don’t? Also there is a full out assault on Public Sector Unions by Republican controlled States backed by anti-union and anti-worker billionaires. A union worker has more protection, more rights, and more security than a non-union worker.

Job protections in a union contract are identified as scope language; these items define what work is legal and what the company can contract out. For example, at US Airways back in 2004, the airline decided to contract out the overhaul of ten airplanes. Under the Collective Bargaining Agreement is legally protected work and not vendors. The employees’ union at the time went to court and got a Temporary Restraining Order to stop the work, and then it was remanded to arbitration. The outcome of the case was the company violated the union contract and the workers had to be paid and the work brought back in-house. If an employee were “at will”, the company would have been free to do as they see fit and actually layoff employees and have the work performed elsewhere. So, being a union worker offers protections while being a non-union worker offers none.

Ever gotten a letter of reprimand? Ever been suspended or fired from a job and have no recourse to rectify the situation? If this happened to a union worker, who has rights because he works under a union contract, there would be a procedure to right the wrong. That is called a grievance procedure; this could get the letter of disciplined removed, the suspension lifted and get their job back. A grievance procedure gives a say in the workplace and ensures workers are treated fairly in the workplace; a non-union worker would be fired and have no recourse except the costly court system to try and get their job back.

After the horrible events of September 11, 2001, the airline industry was hit hard financially, followed by the SARS epidemic and record fuel prices; therefore, in the years after 9/11 many airlines filed bankruptcy and implemented concessions from their employees. US Airways, United Airlines, Delta Airlines, and Northwest Airlines are some of the companies that filed for protection under Chapter 11. At US Airways, Northwest and United Airlines the workers were unionized and had security under the bankruptcy laws, and the non-union workers had no legal rights. The companies that had workers under a union contract had to negotiate concessions with their representatives and had a say in the workplace; non-union workers had no such security and the companies did as they saw fit and implemented new working conditions without employees’ approval.

Recent events in Wisconsin, Ohio, and Indiana have shown the Republicans are launching an all out assault on unionized government workers. They are backed by anti-union billionaires who are taking revenge on unions for their backing of President Obama and his fellow Democrats. The attack on unionized government workers has drawn national attention and has caused people to band together to support unionized government workers who are under attack. This caused national media attention when the fourteen democratic state representatives in Wisconsin fled the state to prevent the legislation that would strip Wisconsin’s unionized workers of their collective bargaining rights. This anti-union legislation was backed by billionaire Koch brothers. By the legislators leaving the state, it prevented a quorum so the bill could not be voted on. This lasted for weeks and polarized both the left and right to support their respective side. This situation caused the pro-worker side to occupy the state building where the legislators met, and caused a stand-off against Governor Walker. His refusal to negotiate a compromise caused this protest to go on for twenty five days. It was reported on MSNBC that Governor Walker was caught with his foot in his mouth when he was duped by Buffalo Beast’s Ian Murphy. The editor duped Walker into a phone conversation where he believed he was speaking to Koch, who has donated thousands to his campaigns. Walker was even recorded saying he would take a baseball bat to the union workers. With this kind of attitude, he does not need to be the Governor of Wisconsin. This type of behavior has spread to Indiana and Ohio; it’s an all out assault on workers’ right to unionize and collective bargaining. This has led to recall petitions in Wisconsin against the Governor and both Democratic and Republican state legislators. This battle will set the stage for an ugly upcoming election cycle for 2012.

As you can see, workers who are unionized have the luxury to have a say in their working conditions by having the benefit of a union contract, which contains rights, protections, and security. So, if non-union workers want the same protections as a unionized worker, contact a union that represents workers in the same industry and see how the process of becoming a union worker can begin and enjoy the benefits of working under a contract.

A paper I wrote for school.

So the A330 FCO issue was union pilots apparently on purpose lying and causing a big fuss to cancel a flight on purpose with no MX issue at all with the APU. This is why most Americans discount unions and their goon tactics.

Are you serious?

The plane was taken out of service and repaired by the morning, they replaced a controller and has problems with the hot bus electrical power.

So your saying the maintenance foreman and mechanics performed an unnecessary repair and signed off the log book?

Dont let the facts get in your way.

Latest posts

Back