Republic 170 In Phl Today

Light Years

Veteran
Aug 27, 2002
There was an E170 in US Airways Star Alliance colors, operated by Republic at PHL F27 today. MidAtlantic agents were told of it's arrival today and asked to handle it.

I'm sure they got a great reception.

Light Years said:
[post="296551"][/post]​

How much did they vandalize it? One would assume their bags were either lost or not taken off in a speedy manner.

Should'nt be long before their popping slides left and right.
Express flight attendants arent used to arming and disarming doors. There just used to opening and closing doors.
I bet it looks nice in the Star Alliance Paint Job though.

Light Years said:
[post="296551"][/post]​

How would the Republic crew even know the difference as the reception in PHL is usually so terrible anyway. To them, it would probably be just a typical day in PHL. Arrive, wait 25 minutes for a gate and ground crew, call ops and be told "Oh we're in the middle of a shift change".

Always remember if there is vandalism or lost luggage the passengers will be the ones who ultimately suffer......you know, the ones who pay the salaries?

Vandalism would lead to jail time.....speaking of that, did they ever find who shot some holes in some mainline jets in Charlotte??

That aircraft operating on USAirways routes flying USAirways revenue, is a violation of the J4J provisions of the AAA Pilots Working Agreement.

Think ALPA will do anything about it?? Me either........

ALL OR NONE

SH

1L1R2L2R said:
Should'nt be long before their popping slides left and right.
Express flight attendants arent used to arming and disarming doors. There just used to opening and closing doors.
I bet it looks nice in the Star Alliance Paint Job though.
[post="296555"][/post]​

Not all of us "Express" f/a's are inexperienced with slides and the procedure of arming, disarming and crosschecking. Many of us at Republic are furloughed mainline f/a's, including several US furloughees. Not to mention the fact that many of us are already familiar with the aircraft as we came to Republic from the 170 program at CHQ. To make that sort of assumption is simply unfair and untrue.

I can speak for the 21 f/a's that are at Republic by saying that none of us are pleased with what has happened, but we are all committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for the passengers.

ATAflyguy757 said:
Not all of us "Express" f/a's are inexperienced with slides and the procedure of arming, disarming and crosschecking. Many of us at Republic are furloughed mainline f/a's, including several US furloughees. Not to mention the fact that many of us are already familiar with the aircraft as we came to Republic from the 170 program at CHQ. To make that sort of assumption is simply unfair and untrue.

I can speak for the 21 f/a's that are at Republic by saying that none of us are pleased with what has happened, but we are all committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for the passengers.
[post="296577"][/post]​

The comment was for the true express flight attendants.. if you are currently on furlough from US then im sure you wont have any problems arming and disarming the doors. btw 21 people hardly makes up the amount of flight attendants at CHQ. Next time dont take posting so personal unless you really consider yourself an express flight attendant instead of just passing time over at CHQ until mainline gets it together.

1L1R2L2R said:
The comment was for the true express flight attendants.. if you are currently on furlough from US then im sure you wont have any problems arming and disarming the doors.
[post="296584"][/post]​

So in other words, the "true express flight attendants" aren't capable of arming and disarming doors as well as those furloughed from mainline? How many accidental deployments were there at mainline in the last year? Zero?

MidwayMetrolink said:
So in other words, the "true express flight attendants" aren't capable of arming and disarming doors as well as those furloughed from mainline? How many accidental deployments were there at mainline in the last year? Zero?
[post="296589"][/post]​

Pick up the latest copy (September 2005 issue) of the award winning Atache Magazine and go to the "Your Turn" section. Then read the article about the 12 hour delay in Jacksonville, FL caused by a Mainline slide deployment at the gate.

Accidents happen everywhere regardless of how experienced or inexperienced you are. In other words, there are a lot of dumb people in this world.

:lol:

PropPiedmont said:
Pick up the latest copy (September 2005 issue) of the award winning Atache Magazine and go to the "Your Turn" section. Then read the article about the 12 hour delay in Jacksonville, FL caused by a Mainline slide deployment at the gate.

Accidents happen everywhere regardless of how experienced or inexperienced you are. In other words, there are a lot of dumb people in this world.

[post="296600"][/post]​

And I rest my case.

MidwayMetrolink said:
So in other words, the "true express flight attendants" aren't capable of arming and disarming doors as well as those furloughed from mainline?  How many accidental deployments were there at mainline in the last year?  Zero?
[post="296589"][/post]​

Why dont you find out how many there were..?
They dont post that very often in my mailbox. Usually at the end of the year they show how many deployments there were and break it up by how many was actually caused by the flight attendants. Are you mainline MetroLink?

There is another forum called Regionals and Nationals check it out...

PropPiedmont said:

[post="296600"][/post]​

I read that.. It didnt say if a flight attendant caused it, but great on the defensive side

1L1R2L2R said:
Why dont you find out how many there were..?
They dont post that very often in my mailbox. Usually at the end of the year they show how many deployments there were and break it up by how many was actually caused by the flight attendants. Are you mainline MetroLink?

There is another forum called Regionals and Nationals check it out...
[post="296602"][/post]​

And why don't you stop implying that everyone at EXPRESS is a complete moron incapable of doing anything right? You were very subtle, but you did! Thank You for educating me on the National and Regional Forum but I knew about it already. Believe it or not I can read.

MidwayMetrolink said:
And why don't you stop implying that everyone at EXPRESS is a complete moron incapable of doing anything right? You were very subtle, but you did! Thank You for educating me on the National and Regional Forum but I knew about it already. Believe it or not I can read.
[post="296606"][/post]​

If you wanna send me a PM, feel free to do so and spare everyone else from having to read your stupid posts. I never said that Express people are morons. I simply meant that our embraer 170's which have slides, would be better handled by more experienced f/a's.
Not just for the slides but also the MDA flight attendants have really stood out to our passengers. Passengers truly dont feel like there on an express plane. Its all going to change when CHQ is on them.

Back