Response To A P Tech

Status
Not open for further replies.
PORTION DELETED: As you know, I have said that unless the ACAA offered meaningful debt reduction for all of the Pittsburgh facilities, which they have not done, the hub would close and I strongly believe unless the IAM plays ball, the B737 overhaul facility will be closed too.

If you've read any of the papers in PIT, you would have seen where Onorato and Rendell have said that they WILL do what ever they have to, to keep the hangars/maint. work in PIT.
It's amazing this so called pilot/airline analyst has all the inside info. The IAM's own board rep has not mentioned it to his own union

USA320Pilot

You say " the IAM may get 'whacked' and there will be alot of pain." Interesting.

I will ask you again, exactly what is it that the company can get away with, without labor peace?
I don't follow your 'thinking' on this. Are you saying the company will be OK if it decides to piss or violate IAM contracts?

Will US AIRWAYS be foolish enough to beat up a part of its own body? And if a part of a body is beat up, doesn't it affect the whole?

So that, the Pilots will suffer, F/A's will suffer, Ticket agents will suffer, everyone will suffer, if IAM members are not treated with dignity and respect.

This path is common knowledge except when pride or greed get in the way. Painful implications for IAM members is painful implications for all. And don't you already know that your company will get absolutely no more financing if it has
non-concensual contracts? Please respond to this question because your position seems to be that you don't know this fact...and I think that is extremely nonsensical and inconsistant with everything.

regards,

Tim:

Tim asked: "I will ask you again, exactly what is it that the company can get away with, without labor peace? I don't follow your 'thinking' on this. Are you saying the company will be OK if it decides to piss or violate IAM contracts?"

USA320Pilot comments: Tim, I do not think the company cares about labor peace if there are not consensual deals reached with every labor group this summer. Why? The airline will then probably enter bankruptcy, where the outcome is less certain. For example, if all of the labor groups accept the IAM reach new accords (ALPA, AFA, CWA, TWU), then the company will still fail.

Thus, a trip back to bankruptcy court. If the company restructures with RSA, TPG, Duetsche Bank, Morgan Stanley, or any other venture capitalist running the show, the same problems exist.

Regardless of who ever is in charge, the problem still exists: CASM too high.

AT this point the only other option would be S.1113 motions or putting as much pain on IAM members as possible to either they quit, die, or acquiesce to management's position.

In regard to the other employee groups, let's face it, virtually all of the employees care about one thing: their situation and their employee group. For example, how many people outside of ALPA really cared that the pilots are the only employee groups to hit their target concessions twice, they represent 10% of the employees, 30% of the labor expense, and provided over 60% of the previous concessions plus gave up 50 to 70% of their pension?

Therefore, I do not agree that "painful implications for IAM members is painful implications for all" because unfortunately, most people do not care about others. Sad, but I believe true.

In regard to your comments of "Please respond to this question because your position seems to be that you don't know this fact...and I think that is extremely nonsensical and inconsistent with everything," it is fact and has been told directly to me.

It's up to the readers to believe what they want, but I can tell you this for certain; If the IAM does not agree to participate in the new business plan management has a plan in place that places the IAM directly in the "cross hairs".

Do I like it? Absolutely not because we have some of the best mechanics in the business, but ya' no what, nobody in CCY or at RSA cares about my opinion on this subject.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

USA320Pilot said:
Tim:

.....Blah, Blah, Blah......
In regard to the other employee groups, let's face it, virtually all of the employees care about one thing: their situation and their employee group. For example, how many people outside of ALPA really cared that the pilots are the only employee groups to hit their target concessions twice, they represent 10% of the employees, 30% of the labor expense, and provided over 60% of the previous concessions plus gave up 50 to 70% of their pension?

Therefore, I do not agree that "painful implications for IAM members is painful implications for all" because unfortunately, most people do not care about others. Sad, but I believe true.
Well you are right about one thing, i sure dont care about you.....

Anyway since you are so tight with upper management and the like, why don't you talk to Siegel and have him come to this board, register under his real name (since he is no longer an employee) and have a chat with all us good people here.

Stoopidute442:

Why don't you email Siegel yourself?

Regardless, he's probably to busy working at TPG as a M&A and bankruptcy consultant.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

USA320PILOT,

Thus far you have focused on the IAM as it relates to US Airways' mechanics, but isn't it true that the IAM also represents the Fleet Service workers? Is it true that fleet service actually outnumber mechanics? Lastly, what kind of pay and working conditions does Fleet Service at Southwest and jetBLue have?

USA320Pilot said:
, as one ALPA MEC member told me this week, ALPA believe those employee groups who do not participate in the “Transformation Plan’ will get “whackedâ€￾ even harder in bankruptcy.
I have NO idea if any of this is true 320, but it sounds like it could be .....one thing, I don't think the word "whacked" was used, but were not the pilots supposed to come out better in the last BK becaused they gave SO much SO early? The pilots really got the short end of the stick, while those who waited until the bitter end did better. Not saying that is the case now, but it is something to think about. Greeter.

Walmartgreeter said:
I have NO idea if any of this is true 320, but it sounds like it could be .....one thing, I don't think the word "whacked" was used, but were not the pilots supposed to come out better in the last BK becaused they gave SO much SO early? The pilots really got the short end of the stick, while those who waited until the bitter end did better. Not saying that is the case now, but it is something to think about. Greeter.
The pilots did not get the short end of the stick.

regards,

Nobody who still works there got the short end of the stick.

I dont think the money involed in the issue is enough to kill the comapany.

USA320Pilot said:
700UW:

You’re in denial
Funny I just talked to our union president today and everything you are saying is like 700 stated, your imagination and nothing more as history has shown your posts always are, your dreams, created by your wide imagination.

I like the way you mentioned ALPA is playing ball and you're all for it, captain it won't affect you personally is the ONLY reason you're all for it otherwise your true colors would fly like they did when you first lost your pension and you went nuts calling management everything but human.

Like 700 stated we are very capable of doing the bus work and this was proven time and again. Further, the efforts by our local union president are well documented with his efforts of getting maintenance facilities built to make the bus work even easier. Therefore a judge seeing these facts will clearly understand that management is doing nothing but trying to circumvent our contracts especially since it's a fact management has retained know union busters. As I posted before, only Dave S. left but the remaining union breaking team is solidly in place. All these facts are well known.

I don't care what you post on here saying it’s all in the needs of the company’s survival, we all saw your true colors when you took a fit right after you lost your pension. You then realized becoming an instant million was now not going to be a sure thing, and then you switched back after realizing you would still have your job if only all these other labor groups can be convinced of all the crap you're shoveling. Like pitbull has posted to “use your headâ€￾. If you’re so damn sure of yourself, go watch TV and stop worrying about posters like 700 and myself when you KNOW the outcome and it’s a sure deal, go have a beer and read private pilot or something.

BillLumbergh said:
If there is another instance of name calling, personal insulting, or other snide remark that violates board TOS, I swear to Jehovah, the offendor is taking a week off.
Lighten up Francis. (borrowed from STRIPES)
Sometimes it is fairly amusing to see these
union shills slugging it out.

Color me confused.

Siegel's plan was so dreadful, relations with labor were strained to the point the good doctor did a Kekvorkian on dave.

Here comes Lakefield, and ALPA swoons.

What of ANY substance, other than the name on Door One at the Palace, has changed?

If the plan under dave sucked, doesn't it still?

If any part of the business plan has changed with the CEO's, PLEASE tell me what it is.

Jesus! I hope Siegel isn't working for TPG as a bankruptcy consultant. He couldn't do it right the first time.

ALPA is a weak, loser union which you helped create. Being scared is no way to go through life. Stand up for yourself, you can make a difference.

-fatburger-

Status
Not open for further replies.