Response to USAPA ad in USA Today

I never said the packs overheat, I said the start carts can, and that the start cart is what's lost power for engine start. In regards to the amount of equipment, most airports (in my experience) have PC Air connections on the jetways. It's far easier to roll up a hose then pack the hose into an AC cart, then navigate it away from the aircraft. By using air available on the jetways you don't heat up the start cart and don't need an AC cart as well, thus eliminating a piece of equipment. As you said, in many cases getting air from a start cart (I really don't understand how this part works, though you've kind of confirmed my suspicions) often either isn't compatible or is just plain inadequate.

R-E-A-D C-A-R-E-F-U-L-L-Y.

I never said the packs overheat, either.

Go learn to fly, get yourself a type rating in a transport category aircraft, then get back to us.

Until then, stop embarrassing yourself with your lack of knowledge about how this stuff works.

i for one don't HATE the east pilot group .. there's alot to admire really , their tenacity in the face of difficult odds , their ablity to continue fighting long after others would have given up ...

But i'm also cognizant that their trapped in their own "world view " ... i don't think that world view really allows them to understand that our company is weakning , and will continue to weaken ... it may also preclude them from understanding that as the general economy continues to detroiate that it will affect the flying public leading to fewer pax ..

obviously the pilots need to work , otherwise all of them would quit their jobs in protest ... the current USAPA managment is now turning against the interests that it's suppose to serve by driving away the general public from our airline ... in normal times this tactic could be excused , but in todays world , it's inexcusable , and even more so for a union that's not ready to negoatie because they don't even have a combined senority list yet ..

It pains me to say this because it will apply to my work group as well ... but everyone is just going to be happy with what they have ...
Just because you get the monkee off your back, doesn't mean this circus has left town! Our "world view" is right where it needs to be, and if this company is weakening, your best to look to the a$$e$ in tempe that weaken it!, You never screw with a group that has nothing to lose!, OUR WORLD! MM!

No APU not ETOPS, she was 100% right!
Correct no APU, no ETOPS. however, the aircraft could have flown non-etops with inop APU.
As for the draining of the batteries - Wells put the aircraft into a ground configuration that forced the batteries to drain.
Replacing the batteries does not mean aircraft needed repairs as some have stated.
It means the batteries were replaced because they were drained.
I challenge you to tell me what A330 would still fly on battery power alone. Couldnt happen, That's why there is a RAT.
Wells took a pilot induced problem and blew it out of proportion claiming Hot Battery Bus failure, loss of electrical power etc.
She needs further ground school before further exercising her pilot in command authority.

Correct no APU, no ETOPS. however, the aircraft could have flown non-etops with inop APU.
As for the draining of the batteries - Wells put the aircraft into a ground configuration that forced the batteries to drain.
Replacing the batteries does not mean aircraft needed repairs as some have stated.
I challenge you to tell me what A330 would still fly on battery power alone. Couldnt happen, That's why there is a RAT.
Wells took a pilot induced problem and blew it out of proportion claiming Hot Battery Bus failure, loss of electrical power etc.
She needs further ground school before further exercising her pilot in command authority.
Another moronic response by someone that has no idea of the systems of an A330! Word up it aint a A320! MM! Thanx for showing your ass!

Hi Jerry.

You forgot to tell us about the other five pilots (assigned to that aircraft and trip) that agreed with her decision. Are they just as ignorant of all the knowledge you possess? If so, then It looks like USAir has a training department issue. Are you going to badmouth them too? If so then it looks like the problem goes all the way to the top. If the company was clean on this they would deal straightforward instead of making innuendoes and hoping the rumors and forums piled up in their favor.

Please come and visit often, Jerry.

Hi Jerry.

You forgot to tell us about the other five pilots (assigned to that aircraft and trip) that agreed with her decision. Are they just as ignorant of all the knowledge you possess? If so, then It looks like USAir has a training department issue. Are you going to badmouth them too? If so then it looks like the problem goes all the way to the top. If the company was clean on this they would deal straightforward instead of making innuendoes and hoping the rumors and forums piled up in their favor.

Please come and visit often, Jerry.
Give me a break - Captain Wells is a USAPA committe chair. The five pilots you speak of (two on her crew and the other three subsequent crew) would not disagree with her evaluation of the aircraft lest they be labeled scabs and blacklisted by USAPA. On the surface it can be construed that they agreed with her assesment of the aircraft but in reality they were sheep.

Give me a break - Captain Wells is a USAPA committe chair. The five pilots you speak of (two on her crew and the other three subsequent crew) would not disagree with her evaluation of the aircraft lest they be labeled scabs and blacklisted by USAPA. On the surface it can be construed that they agreed with her assesment of the aircraft but in reality they were sheep.
No in reality they were correct, because you don't have a clue what the hell your talking about, let me guess you've never been in a 330, very obvious, the only leming is you! MM!

These were 2 AIRBUS TEST PILOTS, luv someone with an axe to grind that confuses SAFETY, with reality! Maybe one was a committee chair also! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYHJLH_ewRY

You are clueless. The RAT is primarily for hydraulic power to the flight controls. The A330 can fly perfectly well on battery power...just not very long...long enough to get the airplane on the ground. What it cannot do is fly without hydraulics. Lose all hydraulics and it becomes a ballistic missile. That's why the RAT.

I'll see your A330 type rating and raise you 7 more.

But, of course, you don't have the A330 type rating to ante up, do you?

Oh, now. That's rich. Capt. Wells chairs the powerful and much-feared SUB-committee for the Critical Incident Response Program.

I wanted to use my favorite word to describe folks like you. It starts with "M" and rhymes with Enron. But it is way too mild. I will have to rethink that for a while and get back to you.

Back so soon Jerry? How quaint that you started out your argument by saying the Captain was ignorant/stupid, and now you add to your accusation that she was also too tyrannical to employee a little CRM. And now you add that the other 5 pilots were too timid to speak up to help out the confused, ignorant captain. When have you ever found 6 pilots in a group that have the same opinion? And when are you going to find 6 pilots afraid to share their opinion?

But the real issue is this. Did the two captains misuse the exercise of their captain's authority? Enough of the innuendo and red herrings!

Back so soon Jerry? How quaint that you started out your argument by saying the Captain was ignorant/stupid, and now you add to your accusation that she was also too tyrannical to employee a little CRM. And now you add that the other 5 pilots were too timid to speak up to help out the confused, ignorant captain. When have you ever found 6 pilots in a group that have the same opinion? And when are you going to find 6 pilots afraid to share their opinion?

But the real issue is this. Did the two captains misuse the exercise of their captain's authority? Enough of the innuendo and red herrings!
How many yellow lanyards were in that tiny brain trust of 6 pilots? That will answer your question.

How many yellow lanyards were in that tiny brain trust of 6 pilots? That will answer your question.

I GUARANTEE that the "other" captain did not have a Yellow Lanyard. Nor does he have a USAPA Lanyard. He is an ALPA apologist from the get go; a long standing ALPA crony. But he is smart enough to know a broken airplane when he sees one.

(Is that crickets I hear?)

Why can't you bring yourself to just say it? Still clinging to the innuendo more fiercely than the Nic :lol: Remember, its all about integrity.

I GUARANTEE that the "other" captain did not have a Yellow Lanyard. Nor does he have a USAPA Lanyard. He is an ALPA apologist from the get go; a long standing ALPA crony. But he is smart enough to know a broken airplane when he sees one.

(Is that crickets I hear?)

Ouch!!!! And yeah, that cricket sound from clear is pretty common.

Latest posts

Back