Sherri Speaks!

PHLBULL we have not had glassware on the east for some time now. Are you seeing or realizing the cost savings in YOUR contract and work rules? NUF SAID. So moving on......Have you EVER in your LIFE seen a more anti-customer and anti-employee company? I have never seen anything like it. Though not the biggest mishap here it certainly shows their way of thinking and doing business. What a sad, sad, sad airline this place is becoming daily. Oh the improvements are in the making.......this place is an absolute JOKE! :rolleyes:

If people believe they are paying for certain services and not getting them, then they should stop doing business with the merchant, regardless of what type of business it is. The merchant will then either re-price the product or add services to attract whatever business it is seeking. Frankly I believe there is a place for no-frills carriers, but it should be at a no-frills price. LCC is, and has been, overpriced out of the PHX market. I have made a few personal trips to BOS, ANC, MCO and SJD. LCC has not been even close to the fares on UA, NW, AS or DL. So, guess who I did not fly with on those trips? Rather than gripe about it, I just make a consumer decision that gives me what I want at a price I am willing to pay.

Maybe LCC will get the message when they need to sell a lot of inventory via Priceline.

If they're not going to offer glassware in first class, then they shouldn't be referring to it as first class. Would you spend the money in a first class restaurant and be happy to have been served any high end beverages in plastic? No, of course not! It isn't first class anymore and hasn't been in a very long time. It is simply the seats in the front of the cabin, period.

Why would US prefer to not go more green on this issue, washing glassware would seem to be the smarter/greener choice. Surely they're not recycling all that plastic, are they?

I agree that maybe they should change the name to Biz class or something. However I would rather drink out of a clean plastic cup than some half washed glass. I remember f/a's running out of glasses and rinsing them without soap to use them again. I also have lots of friends in the restaurant biz and it's the same way.

Do you drink out of your hotel glasses that the maid wipes with the toilet rag? I'll take a plastic wrapped plastic cup any day.

Sheesh. What a joke.

It's like paying for the Ritz-Carlton, only to find that little tacky paper band around the Holiday Inn toilet seat that proclaims it has been sanitized for your protection.

US offers two classes of service, alright: single-wide and double-wide.

doogie.jpg

I agree that maybe they should change the name to Biz class or something. However I would rather drink out of a clean plastic cup than some half washed glass. I remember f/a's running out of glasses and rinsing them without soap to use them again. I also have lots of friends in the restaurant biz and it's the same way.

Do you drink out of your hotel glasses that the maid wipes with the toilet rag? I'll take a plastic wrapped plastic cup any day.
Are you kidding? If you had ANY idea of what goes on with plastic and Styrofoam cups on the airplane you'd die. Can we say OSHA? I have seen on just about EVERY airplane we have cups that have been unwrapped, stacked on the cart only to not be used and thrown back in the dirty dusty compartment. THEN they are handled by God knows how many people with stuff sticky on the rims of them all. Caterers handle them as they stuff more on top of them and back on the cart they go again. It's over and over and over. I have thrown away stacks with dried coke or who KNOWS what on them. Our plastic/Styrofoam cups are by no means anymore sanitary than glass. If it costs that much then how about paper plates for the "upgraded" meals? Hmmmmmm :lol:

The yahoos in Tempe have nothing really to do - so they come up with these hair brained announements so that the internet goes wild and then they can sit around and read the blogs all day. One can only guess that they are some group of sick demented weirdo's who get off on this kind of thing and are actually sitting in the sand castle drinking wine from a box in plastic cups and having a good old time.

I think they have a secret bonus based upon who came piss the most customers off with their idea - there has to be some reason that they are doing this crap.

This is a move which widens the gap between US Airways and its competitors. I encourage all of you (whether you are an employee or a customer, especially frequent fliers) to voice your displeasure regarding glassware to US Airways management. *Please* voice your oppinions.
Prior to US, I used to fly American and Continental in first class very often. These airlines serve meals (with glassware, hot towels and a wider variety of beverages) on most PHX-DFW, PHX-IAH flights, respectively. If the price is the same why would a customer choose "No-Class" on US when they can get a better First-Class (a true first class) product on other airlines?

Actually Greany, I'll have to disagree with you. I think that after more than two years of this kind of nonsense, the best thing for people to do is to vote with their pocket books. The "new" US Airways doesn't deserve to have such a passionate, caring, and loyal customer base who, heretofore have expended themselves by having been so personally invested in seeing this enterprise succeed. What has been reflected back to them, time after time, is utter CONTEMPT by the "new" management of this company.

Honestly, it's probably best to just walk away, as others have done, and spend one's hard-earned dollars elsewhere...with an airline company that will recognize their contribution to said company's bottom line and in return, provide VALUE. I don't mean to sound crude, but right now, there's no other way to say it: These loyal customers have been dicked around long enough. It's not going to change. The team in Tempe is out of their league. There are some apologists on this board who will come running to Tempe's defense. But there's nothing to defend. The team in Tempe is incompetent.

It's a strange twist of irony. I came from the original Pacific Southwest Airlines. When USAir management took over PSA, the "stuffed shirts" in Arlington, VA weren't interested in the PSA culture. It was their way or the highway. For the wonderful people, culture, and pride at Piedmont, it was much of the same. As a result, within a few short years, half of the former PSA fleet was grounded; the west coast abandoned; the Florida Shuttle; hubs in BWI, DAY, and SYR...all gone. History is merely repeating itself. Only this time, it's a desert mentality in the American Southwest trying to run a global airline in the U.S. northeast...and this team in the desert has shown NO interest in understanding who their target market is.

At this point, it's probably best to cut one's losses, accept the fact that things are not going to change, and MOVE FORWARD...

This is a move which widens the gap between US Airways and its competitors. I encourage all of you (whether you are an employee or a customer, especially frequent fliers) to voice your displeasure regarding glassware to US Airways management. *Please* voice your oppinions.
Prior to US, I used to fly American and Continental in first class very often. These airlines serve meals (with glassware, hot towels and a wider variety of beverages) on most PHX-DFW, PHX-IAH flights, respectively. If the price is the same why would a customer choose "No-Class" on US when they can get a better First-Class (a true first class) product on other airlines?

I think this is the crux of the issue: "If the price is the same why would a customer choose "No-Class" on US when they can get a better First-Class (a true first class) product on other airlines?"

ESPECIALLY for pax who do pay...and there are people willing to pay....anyone who doubts it, try getting an upgrade on a CO flight from EWR to ANY point west of MCI. Won't happen...I'll be they sell 85% of the seats.

And the real rub? The price on US Airways is (a.) at least as much as other carriers and (b.) non-refundable.

Just STUPID.

Anyway...

It is weeks like this I say, I am so glad I switched to CO and AA. They know how to treat their best customers. This company does only one thing consistently--takes the cheapest way out. They provide no value.

I experienced the "new" FC meals and let me tell you I think they are pathetic compared to what is offered by AA and CO. What's with the tablespoon of granola for the yogurt plate? And that nasty croissant they serve--it was stale and smelled like a toilet? Oh, and the snack meals, how shameful of them to say that is a FC meal. And why bother putting that lousy butter cookie on a plate? They should just use paper plates and plastic cutlery because what they are serving should not be placed on china.

US has really hit bottom. When they were in BK2 and we were getting boxed meals in FC, at least the food quality was decent. The stuff they are serving now is just garbage.

And one more thing, Tempe, hope you revise your website and advertising to take off the glassware when you advertise/promote FC because as of April 1st that will be an absolute fraud and I will get so much joy in reporting you to the various state attorney generals' offices. :up:

Latest posts