Sherri Speaks!

I think JAMAKE1 is on to something here. I certainly know unlike a few on here that my very paycheck is made possible by the great FF's we have. With that being said though the passion some of you have is being wasted on this airline. The incompetent management team at US is over their heads and will NEVER listen to you. So my final advice to you fine people is BOOK AWAY folks BOOK AWAY. The ONLY way this management team will EVER understand possibly is if the profits fall through the floor. It's my profit sharing check we're talking about here but it is what it is. The truth is they only deal with numbers. STOP the complaining and waiting. LEAVE and let them see just how pissed you really are. I don't care if I had to double connect to get to my destination if it meant not flying US. It's THAT bad.

Here is how I'D rewrite (redo) this lil fiasco:

Date: Thursday, 14 February 2008 19:58 ET
To: USAALLMX.F/A
Subject: A Letter from Sherri Shamblin

****** Letter from Sherri Shamblin ******

To All Flight Attendants:

One of the hottest topics discussed since the merger was announced has been
the differences between the service offered onboard East metal aircraft and
the service offered on West metal aircraft. Our goal to ensure the best
possible onboard experience for all customers has always been at the
forefront...so much so that we asked them what's most important to them when
flying in each class of service we offer.

We were able to determine that they felt that the quality of both the food and
beverages we offer onboard were the most important. This was the reasoning
for addressing these items across the board first so that the most customers
would feel the biggest impact as quickly as possible. Along with the roll-out
in December of all new menus, we also re-introduced flatware and beginning in

June, hot towels will return to our domestic service along with a pre-arrival
mint service. Starting in May, we plan on introducing a new menu for our tropical
flights to Hawai'i and the Caribbean, offering an enhanced first class and main cabin meal
service that will include more local flavors and beverages. This will include an upgraded
polynesian chicken sandwich, mai tais & mojitos, and our first class customers will now
enjoy a Fruit Plate on red-eyes departing Hawaii

One area where our First Class customers didn't feel we should focus too much
of our attention, was glassware. As long as the quality and quantity of the
beverages we offered were both high, then the use of glassware wasn't as
important. Today, we offer glassware on most meal flights to/from LAS and PHX
operated by West metal, but do not offer such on the same flights operated by
East metal. Conversely, the opposite holds true where our meal flights
to/from CLT and PHL operated by East metal do not offer glassware, yet the
West metal does. This has created a great deal of confusion among not only
our catering teams and crews, but amongst our customers as well. While focusing on
keeping costs low and maintaining a "higher" level of consistency with our
entire network, we have opted to discontinue the use of glassware from our domestic
operations. In place, we will be stocking aircraft with a limited number of better-
quality plastic glasses. While not the same as glass, we have looked at all
of our options and felt this was the best way to address this issue.

pos-550-x.jpg

With the continuing rise in fuel prices, we must always look to invest our
money in those products that really matter to our customers. To add glassware
to all First Class flights would have cost the company $15 million a year,
money that can be better spent to improve the food quality and amenities that
the customers say really matter to them. But we must also preserve our
premium product at which our customers feel the service they receive justifies
the value of the tickets purchased.

Great progress continues to be made on a daily basis and I thank you for your
continued support and dedication to offering our customers the best service
day in and day out. And we are always welcome to look at new, different, or
innovative ways at which we can deliver a product of choice for our customers
while maintaining a cost-effective operation.

Sincerely,

Sherri Shamblin
Vice President, InFlight Services

Oh goodie, more sporks for the rest of us. I didn't think that I'd have another reason to fly someone else. Now I do.

WOW, ok, so I am one of those people who do 'PAY' full fare for a first class ticket, versus upgrading. I flew both US east and west products before and after the merger. I am not a bit surprised of this revelation. East years ago was something to write home about. They had an amazing service, good food, nice seat. But sadly east stayed in the past, never seemed to upgrade there product and just got worst. HP on the other hand, all 6 times I flew them, was by far the worst thing I had expierenced in my life! JFK-PHX was the route and every time was the same thing! A very tired "lead" flight attendant, sitting in the galley, crying her eyes out for how poorly she/he was treated, getting "tagged" (what ever that means) to do the JFK turn, and being so exhausted they spill food, drinks. That wasnt just once, that was 6 total times! Its pretty bad when I pay for a ticket to feel bad for the person serving me. However, if there is one thing to say, all of those FA's were always the nicest to deal with. Just wish I didnt have to see the treatment of HP staff. I have talked to some, and why they put up with it is simply disgusting. I refused to fly HP after that. After the merger I had no option, and I gave the combined carrier a few other trys, mostly on west metal. And the same problems were still very obvious. I am sorry for some of the workers of the combined carrier! I hope things get better for all of you!

WOW, ok, so I am one of those people who do 'PAY' full fare for a first class ticket, versus upgrading. I flew both US east and west products before and after the merger. I am not a bit surprised of this revelation. East years ago was something to write home about. They had an amazing service, good food, nice seat. But sadly east stayed in the past, never seemed to upgrade there product and just got worst. HP on the other hand, all 6 times I flew them, was by far the worst thing I had expierenced in my life! JFK-PHX was the route and every time was the same thing! A very tired "lead" flight attendant, sitting in the galley, crying her eyes out for how poorly she/he was treated, getting "tagged" (what ever that means) to do the JFK turn, and being so exhausted they spill food, drinks. That wasnt just once, that was 6 total times! Its pretty bad when I pay for a ticket to feel bad for the person serving me. However, if there is one thing to say, all of those FA's were always the nicest to deal with. Just wish I didnt have to see the treatment of HP staff. I have talked to some, and why they put up with it is simply disgusting. I refused to fly HP after that. After the merger I had no option, and I gave the combined carrier a few other trys, mostly on west metal. And the same problems were still very obvious. I am sorry for some of the workers of the combined carrier! I hope things get better for all of you!
You are very sweet. Thank you for your kind words. Yes, sometimes we do JFK turns, and it can be exhausting. I work that route often, and mainly the pax's can be somewhat demanding, but that is no excuse for not giving good customer service. I love my NY trips!! :)

So did they taste test the new "premium wines" in the plastic party cups?

And what is up with those party cups anyway - are they really that much cheaper than the cups other airlines use? Even Amtrak has better plastic cups!

If we upgraded our cups we'd be out of business tomorrow. I think I'm gonna start carrying my own plastic cups from the Dollar Tree stores. Hmmm maybe I'll buy Red or Blue tumblers. :lol: You want Mad Dog 20/20 or Tiger Rose Sir? :lol:

Considering they don't want corkscrews and like twist off bottles I'm surprised with all their cheapness they haven't put Franzia boxed wines on board. :lol:

Can you see through glasswear?

If so, I am ambiguous.

Depends on who is wearing it.

When will the glasswear uniforms be available?

I have to ask this question... Does anyone really pay for first class at US Airways on a domestic flight? You guys are right, US Airways does have the worst First Class experience - but from a management standpoint, if nobody actually buys it, I can somewhat understand them not wanting improve it. I do have to say, as a loyal customer, the "cheapness" of US Airways management really shows. I had a coach flight last week, and they gave us ONE BISCOFF cookie. The pretzels are like cardboard (thank God for the "upgraded" snacks they give us in First)... I saw an article in the Wall Street Journal I think, and they quoted Doug as saying "well if anyone can provide us snacks for $0.03 cents, we'd be willing to consider it" or something like that, and I thought to myself, you have to be kidding. Can't you just tack $0.25 cents onto my ticket and give me a bag of doritos?

PLEASE just tell me that this airline is doing maintenance... I honestly have wondered this at times...

Latest posts