RTW

Dell,
Somebody we both know and respect once said to me, "If a Company treats their employees honestly and fairly there is no need for a union" It should be noted that the person quoted was in a Union as more than a member.

The current situation is such that the only beneficiaries of a union are those who lead the union and have a vested interest in continuation of the status quo. The average rank and file member is just so much shite under the leaders heels.

Explain to me how ROBERT BUFFENBARGER, INTERNATIONAL PRESIDENT of the IAM, earning $319,667 per year can relate to the part time Fleet Service worker making $40,000.

Let's have that conversation about income inequality.

Reactions: 2 people
eolesen said:
Don't forget the culture change brought on by two (or more) generations of government enabled single parent households...
 That's a whole separate topic really. BTW, do you know how much a "living wage" is? Funny, neither do I

Also if La la needs to be retrained and the government pays for the training by "taxing" yours and everyone elses wages to pay for his training is that taxation in effect theft & coercion?

A Government sworn to preserve the rights of the individual has no place at the table for the "Greater Good" argument. We are supposed to guarantee opportunity, not outcomes

Reactions: 2 people
SparrowHawk said:
Also if La la needs to be retrained and the government pays for the training by "taxing" yours and everyone elses wages to pay for his training is that taxation in effect theft & coercion?
That is your version.

My version is the government has already gotten a hell of a return on their investment in me and most likely will for the rest of my career.

I have already paid any grant I took many many times over due to increased income.

Feel free to ignore the parts that are inconvenient for you though.

If you are going to use me in your examples (without my consent I might add) can you at least get my name right?

By the way nobody guaranteed my outcome. I had to work for that. 

SparrowHawk said:
Dell,
Somebody we both know and respect once said to me, "If a Company treats their employees honestly and fairly there is no need for a union" It should be noted that the person quoted was in a Union as more than a member.

The current situation is such that the only beneficiaries of a union are those who lead the union and have a vested interest in continuation of the status quo. The average rank and file member is just so much shite under the leaders heels.

Explain to me how ROBERT BUFFENBARGER, INTERNATIONAL PRESIDENT of the IAM, earning $319,667 per year can relate to the part time Fleet Service worker making $40,000.

Let's have that conversation about income inequality.
How about Doug Parker making $12 million for 100,000 employees?

How about Richard Anderson making $17.6 million for 80,000 employees?

The IAM has 750,000 active and retired members.

La Li Lu Le Lo said:
That is your version.

My version is the government has already gotten a hell of a return on their investment in me and most likely will for the rest of my career.

I have already paid any grant I took many many times over due to increased income.

Feel free to ignore the parts that are inconvenient for you though.

If you are going to use me in your examples (without my consent I might add) can you at least get my name right?

By the way nobody guaranteed my outcome. I had to work for that. 
So you wrote a check to the Government paying back your full grant?

700UW said:

apples to oranges
those two are running publicly traded for profit corporations

Buffy is getting 300k plus and can't walk in a UA breakroom without a security team

Reactions: 1 person
700UW said:

Not to be a nit picker, but IAM membership is around 550,000 active. Your argument however holds no water. In the case of Parker & Anderson, by their NOT being in a union, they are free to earn as much money as the market will support, which is apparently quite a lot. Those gentlemen took a greater risk in hopes of a greater reward. Which is a basic tenet of the capitalist system.

I went into sales because I wanted to earn more money. I took a smaller salary in exchange for a higher commission structure. This meant I went from about $27,000 as a production operator with not much upside potential beyond the standard 5% raise to an opportunity to earn 6 figures or get fired for not selling. I took the risk, just like Parker & Anderson only on a smaller scale.
Like I've said before, the United States guarantees opportunity, NOT outcomes

Latest posts