Federal Judge Strikes Down Part Of Scott Walker's Anti-Collective Bargaining Law

Don't be too sure, there, SW. Municipality, City, Town, County, State, one form of government is regulating your trash. Even a private hauler has to pay the weights and measures of a government. You might say it is government outsourcing :lol:

You also prove that since every state is different, we should keep out of other's affairs, because everyone is different.

I'm just sayin' :rolleyes:

But isn't that the status quo, for Government to have their hands in everyone's pocket, whether through taxes or regulations !

Point is, I don't believe the guy who picks up my trash, belongs to a union !

Since a lot of states are in a finacial hole right now changes to worker benefits and retirements are going to change one way or another.

However I hope people don't think that all state and local workers have a sweetheart deal. My brother-in-law is a cop and he can retire at twenty years of service which is coming up soon. Except that his retirement pakage for twenty years of service is as such he has two choices. One, retire but find another job becasue the retirement will not pay the bills. Or he can stay on the force for another fifteen years. So his two choices are work or work.
I would hate to ask, his salary, but he must not make much overtime. In my area, cops can retire at 20 years and the OT puts them in a six figure income. Those who continue to work are merely earning "gravy" money.

More than likely they continue to work in government or a private security firm.

But isn't that the status quo, for Government to have their hands in everyone's pocket, whether through taxes or regulations !

Point is, I don't believe the guy who picks up my trash, belongs to a union !
That is where you are clueless. Trash is hard work, and I use to lift 12 tons of trash a day. Trash isn't like your one five pound bag a week. In the inner city, been there lately SW?, their trash is 200 pounds of trash per household a week.

Non-union??? Sure, because it is I that is forced to pick up your nephew's route because he's lazy to do so.

See unions work both ways. And as a sani worker, the union is what saved me!

Now here are my shoes and walk just 10 ft.
Hope you survive :p

I would hate to ask, his salary, but he must not make much overtime. In my area, cops can retire at 20 years and the OT puts them in a six figure income. Those who continue to work are merely earning "gravy" money.

More than likely they continue to work in government or a private security firm.

There are some jurisdictions where the pay is so low the cops can't survive without "Detail Work". One of those places used to be New Orleans, not sure ow what the scale starts at but it used to be $17,500 per year plus all the bribes and detail work you could find. The number is post 2000

Starting salary in the NOPD is $35,000 plus now.

Cleaning up the department will get faster with a DOJ consent decree due to come soon.

Not soon enough.

That is where you are clueless. Trash is hard work, and I use to lift 12 tons of trash a day. Trash isn't like your one five pound bag a week. In the inner city, been there lately SW?, their trash is 200 pounds of trash per household a week.

I find that impossible to believe. As a family of four, we barely fill three bags a week and half a rolling recycling bin, and we can aren't on food stamps.... how does someone in the inner city generate more trash on presumably less income?

It's also not as hard of a job as it was 15 years ago -- The grab-it-and-dump-it trucks that have made it into just about every community have turned trash collection into a one-man job. I rarely see the driver ever exit the cab of the truck...

Just becasue the police in your area make x amount and OT puts them into six figures does not mean it's that way every where else. And yes he works OT.

I can tell I'm wasting my time but I'll ask you this. Could you do a cops job?

For me I think that answer would be prefaced by a question as to whether I'm a LEO or a REO?

A LEO is a Law Enforcement Officer and they are vital to the nation whether they are State or Local. They investigate actual crimes, solve many of them and bring the perpetrators to justice.

A REO is a Revenue Enhancement Officer and they wear a uniform, badge and the color of authority as a LEO. The Difference is a REO's only objective is write tickets and look for drugs so their jurisdiction can use the drug confiscation laws and ticket revenue to fund their government.

Being a LEO is mighty tough work and I don't have the temperament for it. I have nothing but respect for these folks

As for the police departments that use the REO business model, they are an affront to Liberty and I wouldn't be a part of such an abomination

Reactions: 1 person
I can tell I'm wasting my time but I'll ask you this. Could you do a cops job?

Not a question of "Could I do a cops job", but "Would I do a cops job" and the answer is no !

Doesn't a cadet , who's applied to the police academy know before hand, what the general pay rates, pensions and insurance plans are before they apply ? It's a choice they make ! And don't mistake my answers for disrespect , because I respect anyone who puts their life on the line, when called to do so, but in the end, he made the choice to become a police officer !

Non-union??? Sure, because it is I that is forced to pick up your nephew's route because he's lazy to do so.

See unions work both ways. And as a sani worker, the union is what saved me!

Now here are my shoes and walk just 10 ft.
Hope you survive :p

Don't give me that " I lugged 500lbs. of garbage uphill, in the snow crap!" Do you think your the only one who's busted a little ass in the game of "Working for a living" ? I worked in a 100 acre plant nursery in 100 degree weather, lugged 4x8 foot sheets of 1/4 plate mirrors up 10 floor stair cases, and have generally , "Always" been a manual laborer and proud of it and never once did I need a union to help provide me a paycheck !

Here are my shoes, now walk 5 feet !

BTW...............Trashman came by yesterday, never left his air-conditioned cab !

Don't give me that " I lugged 500lbs. of garbage uphill, in the snow crap!" Do you think your the only one who's busted a little ass in the game of "Working for a living" ? I worked in a 100 acre plant nursery in 100 degree weather, lugged 4x8 foot sheets of 1/4 plate mirrors up 10 floor stair cases, and have generally , "Always" been a manual laborer and proud of it and never once did I need a union to help provide me a paycheck !

Here are my shoes, now walk 5 feet !

BTW...............Trashman came by yesterday, never left his air-conditioned cab !
I'm not giving you $#17! In the trash business, it's about busting a little ass day in and day out. It actually made me appreciate working more than ever before, and every job after that is cake.

With your statement about your trash driver proves that a union is needed, because people will call and complain about the driver never leaving his air-condition cab. Yes people are that anal! They'll complain that their trashcans aren't left in the order they were found, they complain because a piece of paper flew out of the back, blah, blah, blah.

Winey people are the very reason we need unions.

More than likely, your 'burb trash is picked up by the truck, and the driver is not obligated to get out unless a problem. If he had laborers, well, a driver drives and the laborer works. If the laborer has a problem, he should get his CDL and drive.

Nothing to do with union, but you do realise that when you rip your body up with hard manual labor, you will pay for it when you age.

I find that impossible to believe. As a family of four, we barely fill three bags a week and half a rolling recycling bin, and we can aren't on food stamps.... how does someone in the inner city generate more trash on presumably less income?

It's also not as hard of a job as it was 15 years ago -- The grab-it-and-dump-it trucks that have made it into just about every community have turned trash collection into a one-man job. I rarely see the driver ever exit the cab of the truck...
I speak facts from experience. I hate to use the word, but think "public assistance!" Again you aren't seeing it from my point. The driver never leaving the cab, is a burb thing. My garbage is still being picked up by a packer(what we call a garbage truck)and hopefully 2 laborers. Even recycling is picked up by 2 working drivers that pick up the bin and throw paper and bottles and can in the truck. Maybe this is a government thing.

Not a question of "Could I do a cops job", but "Would I do a cops job" and the answer is no !

Doesn't a cadet , who's applied to the police academy know before hand, what the general pay rates, pensions and insurance plans are before they apply ? It's a choice they make ! And don't mistake my answers for disrespect , because I respect anyone who puts their life on the line, when called to do so, but in the end, he made the choice to become a police officer !
It depends on the department they join not on the academy.

Maybe I should clarify, since we may have the Police Academy movie in mind. The Police Academy is basically the college where one learns police sciences. On the other hand, some agencies when they are recruiting might send a cadet to the academy for training, but most are inhouse training, such as our State Police.

Latest posts