RUMOR CONTROL

Only if Doug was not the CEO. OK, since the CEO of this airline, US came from HP, why shouldnt boarding priorities come from the HP side? Who cares if the airline is legacy or not? Look at SW? I would like to see their profit regardless of whether they are low cost or legacy. It looks like HP is on the same level as US. HP had good employees too. USCREW, lets just agree to disagree but agree that we want this new airline to succeed so we can keep on disagreeing!!

<SNIP>

- Could voluntary furlow be used more widely and often?
- Could we allow those flight attendants that wish, the opportunity to work part time? I personally know a lawyer, real estate agent and a barber that would love to do it part time (working mostly for benefits)?
- Could the schedule allow for weekend only workers?
- Could we reduce ground sit time between flights? If so, the advantage of long haul flights would be somewhat reduced?
- Is there a potential for union and the company to work creatively on expansion plans? (Its not the number of senior people, its the ratio.) My state gives a tax break to companies that bring jobs here for the long term.
- Could some flight attendants be given an opportunity to move to other company jobs?
- Could an early out bonus be offered? We know it costs more to keep a very senior person than a new hire. Could a five year annualized difference be split with the senior employee if that would allow him/her to leave?
I would imagine quite a few people would take advantage of those opportunities.

<SNIP> We are not voting because the sheer numbers will be lopsided towards seniority boarding.
So, the majority would prefer DOH? Sounds like a no-brainer if morale is the goal. But if it’s whatever program is cheaper to administer…

Only if Doug was not the CEO. OK, since the CEO of this airline, US came from HP, why shouldnt boarding priorities come from the HP side? Who cares if the airline is legacy or not? Look at SW? I would like to see their profit regardless of whether they are low cost or legacy. It looks like HP is on the same level as US. HP had good employees too. USCREW, lets just agree to disagree but agree that we want this new airline to succeed so we can keep on disagreeing!!
OKAY :)

why shouldnt boarding priorities come from the HP side?
Because it's BAD BAD BAD.
Loopholes and unequal access.
If you're going to honor our HERITAGE, then you also need to honor our LONGEVITY.
Because as you stated earlier, if there was a vote, the answer would be clear; therefore, if FCFS is decided, the majority will be P*SSED. It would be bad for the moral of MOST. How would that be good?

No, junior people from both sides would vote FCFS, senior people would vote for the old US Airways way. Its human nature. Even if FCFS is better.

Sorry to quote myself, but had this happen tonight. Employee was listed on PHX flight, but the inbound connection had a 3 hour maintenance delay and misconx. Now arriving in the connection city, they want to be put on the list for LAS. OK, redo ticket, boom on the list now behind 2 other people. Wait a minute they cry (someone who should be used to how FCFS works.) I should be first on the list. Their suggestion, reorder the standby list since they were trying for an earlier flight and should be ahead of the other people since they listed for a flight 4 hours earlier. Sorry, FCFS, no can reshuffle for you. Its a great system. :rolleyes: With each hiccup I see and possible abuse ( quick, call your friend to redo the list) I can honestly say, I think I'm in favor of seniority. I've tried both this summer like they asked, but FCFS just isnt working for me with the current system in place. :down:
Another good long list of reason why not to go with FCFS. I can see this and similar situations happening

That would suggest that the majority of junior people think only in the short term.

Does this demonstrate a lack of confidence in their career choice?
Or maybe they just understand that not EVERYTHING has to be decided be seniority.

OK, so try and sell me on this. Lets say you have 5 employees. Number 1 will be the most senior. Number 5 the most junior. If number 2 employee has 4 family members with them everybody below #2 gets bumped ? If this true, talk about a nightmare at the gates.

They will LEARN that in aviation, EVERYTHING is.
My personal opinion is that's not the way it should be. But, if seniority boarding is the final decision, I will live with it and just be glad I have the benefits. I have a feeling though, if FCFS is chosen, those that wanted seniority will not be happy and make their unhappiness well known.

OK, so try and sell me on this. Lets say you have 5 employees. Number 1 will be the most senior. Number 5 the most junior. If number 2 employee has 4 family members with them everybody below #2 gets bumped ? If this true, talk about a nightmare at the gates.
Would it be better if Junior #5, #4, and #3, got on and #2 with family and #1(slow poke on computer) got left?

My personal opinion is that's not the way it should be. But, if seniority boarding is the final decision, I will live with it and just be glad I have the benefits. I have a feeling though, if FCFS is chosen, those that wanted seniority will not be happy and make their unhappiness well known.

im a usair/east employee and i welcome first come first serve.........puts everyone on a reletivly level playing field.......

on a side note......
now with all the petitions around wanting senority....i would think the reserves would want fcfs just to get even with those senior bh who wont let us pick up off the etb if they cant commute they cant fly hmmm what goes around is gonna come back around....JUST A THOUGHT

Back