first come first served

When is the decision being made? I thought it was the end of 2006? Come on Tempe, stop stalling! You have to make some side angry, might as well start the process now! :p

I vote for seniority, as if my vote matters..... :eek:

SKY HIGH STATES: Yeahhhhhhhhhh, that's as fair as telling your best customers, "upgrades" are now First come first served. We dont care about your LONGEVITY. Put a "silver" up front over a Chairman's preferred. They showed up first to the airport. Your VALUE means nothing. :down: :down:

only stating opinions.

I wonder if those in PHX will be giving the thumbs up :up: to FCFS if the senior folks that commute from the west that DON'T do international find it hard to commute. Just WHERE do you think they will end up? You guessed it. If it takes 5 years they'll wait. Now myself I agree with a blend of both and certainly NOT a 12 hour window.

SKY HIGH STATES: Yeahhhhhhhhhh, that's as fair as telling your best customers, "upgrades" are now First come first served. We dont care about your LONGEVITY. Put a "silver" up front over a Chairman's preferred. They showed up first to the airport. Your VALUE means nothing. :down: :down:
only stating opinions.

Finally someone states the obvious...

Seniority is the fairest and sinplest way.Someone with 1 year seniority should never go ahead of a 20 year employee.

Don't tell that to the folks at AA and SW they love FCFS!
It's absolutly flawless and nowhere is there a breach of integrity by anyone?

Tell me, how can it be fair for someone who has been employed for two weeks to get on before someone who has been employed for thirty years?

well don't tell anyone that the gate agents at US-East clear out of priority all the time. I"ll even admit to doing it, especially if we have lots of seats open. Now get me a flight with 10 open seats and 10 on the PALL list, and then I play by the rules. But when I have 100 open seats and 30 on the list, I'll clear as they come up to the podium.

(that was back when I got to play at the airport... *sniffle*)

Seniority is the fairest and sinplest way.Someone with 1 year seniority should never go ahead of a 20 year employee.
The fact that seniority gets ALOT higher pay, more vacation and a flexible schedule should be weighed in as well. I'm no longer junior, however I'm not really senior either and I agree with FCFS. I have alot of respect for those that are "Super Senior" but getting a little sick of the higher than thou act and seeing the way that some treat the more junior folks. We were all new at some time and god for bid something ever happened we could ALL be there again.

The fact that seniority gets ALOT higher pay, more vacation and a flexible schedule should be weighed in as well.

Now, is that not the way it is in all of Corporate America,Civil Service,the Military and just about any other Business and Financial establishment you can think of? ( with the exception of Burger King, McDonalds and perhaps WalMart, and the like)

2B