Rumor

There will be a change in express ops.......down the road though. Bigger problems to work out for noow. I think DP means what he says about no new changes for now. They will have to address the aging fleet of PDT sooner or later. Whether it is with PSA or AW or both, who knows. Time will only tell. Too bad for displaced employees at CLT and PHF. The show must go on. My two cents.
Are Piedmont's Dash-8-100s becoming the modern version of the DC-3? Doesn't the DC-3 have the reputation that it could fly forever? I had mentioned in a previous post that I have heard the Dash-8 being stripped for parts at SBY had a major overhaul cost of $700,000 waiting for it. Of course you have to speculate that the rest of the Dash-8-100 fleet is utlimately awaiting the same over haul costs. Should US Airways/Piedmont spend over haul each each existing Dash-8-100 at $700,000 per aircraft or buy/lease new? Does anyone have any idea how much a new Dash-8-300/400 costs, or how much per month to lease? Doesn't Piedmont own all of its Dash-8-100s?

I'd still believe Piedmont would be better suited with a future fleet of Dash-8-300s than the 400/or larger.

You have to remember that US Airways owns 32 of the Dash 8 100's!! Even with mx, they own them outright and its fast cash money. And some of them have gone thru Heavy Checks and been zero timed which mean they can now fly forever.. lol!!! It is one work horse of a machine!! But I agree, they need to look at the modern Dash's if they want to operate them in the future!

They zero time everything but the interior....
No kidding!!!! I get embarassed when I go to the lav after a flight and look around in there. There is actually speed tape holding big pieces of the lav wall together in a lot of them. It really is a well engineered, solid, workhorse..to bad they have let them get so unprofessional looking. My cargo plane had a nicer interior. Oh well, it's still paying the bills........for now!!!!