Russia Calls Obama out!

And those in charge now havent changed policy and law to drill in the US instead of buying from Chavez, why? They have 100 days to do it if they're really afraid they're going to lose the chance. But it will be much more fun to do nothing and then blame Obama for the status quo of the past 8 years right?

ERR...............the reason we haven't drilled is up in Washinton. Their called "TREE-HUGGIN" DEMORATS" ! :down:

Messiah vs Vlad the Bad:

MOSCOW (Reuters) – Russian President Dmitry Medvedev could resign from his post in 2009 to pave the way for Vladimir Putin to return to the Kremlin, Vedomosti newspaper reported on Thursday, citing an unidentified source close to the Kremlin.

Info

Russia starts flexing its muscle and 'yall elected a touchy feely guy..... :lol:

"Mark my words," Biden told donors at a Seattle fund-raiser Sunday night.

"It will not be six months before the world tests Barack Obama like they did John Kennedy. The world is looking. We're about to elect a brilliant 47-year-old senator(with absolutely no experience) president of the United States of America.

"Watch. We're going to have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy.

"And he's going to need help . . . to stand with him. Because it's not going to be apparent initially; it's not going to be apparent that we're right."

Republicans had 6 yrs of congressional control with a republican president yet failed to act. Again I ask, do yo think there might be something more too it?

Since you are trying your BEST to make this about anybody but McCain...(struggling with comprehension).

"You" as in McCain, got that, or do you need more "spell it outs".

Uhhh, well, if you don't really know what you are doing, YES, class rank is an indication that you didn't "get it" or "couldn't get it".

And once again...yes...the Sub force was/is considered the most Elite for the simple reason that it is a First Strike/ Last defense of the Strategic Command. It was THE number one deterrent in the Cold War. As most War stategists know, ICBMs, Bombers could be neutralize...NEVER the Submarine Force.

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P3-1413181711.html

Don't take my word for it. http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/lib...rt/1992/RRL.htm

I am pleased that you were paying attention in class a few weeks ago.

Here's and excellent source for you to read up on America's "Silent Killers". http://www.alibris.co.uk/booksearch?qwork=...s*listing*title

A superb read.

I'm still waiting for you to prove that McCain is somehow intellectually deficient. Just as I'm waiting for you to show me where McCain has said or implied his years as a pilot qualify him in matters of national security. I have a feeling I'm going to be waiting for quite some time.

I've made the point on other threads that for some people it's not enough to want your candidate to win. They have to go the extra mile and belittle, demonize and basically trash the other candidate. You have proven that point beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Did you read any of the links that you provided? Where does it say in any of them that the US sub force is the most "elite" part of the USN? In the first one they talk about Chinese evaluations of the US Navy submarine force. Since the Chinese have expressed an interest in acquiring a carrier capability I'm going to bet even money they evaluated US carrier ops. The second link only uses the word elite once that are referring to special ops units. IMO if there really is an "elite" unit in the USN it's the guys who have the Budweiser badge on their uniform.

When I said crack open a history book I was referring to those who have been near the bottom of their class or who were screw ups in peacetime. And yet despite them being "deficient" they went on to brilliant careers or performed heroically in battle. If you’re such a student of history then you know about Commander Ernest Evans. He graduated in the bottom 1/3 of his class at the Naval Academy.

And yes I'm familiar with the history of the US submarine force. While the German U-boat force in WWII seems to get the most attention it was the USN silent service that succeeded in its mission where the U-boats failed. That is to chock off the SLOC of the enemy. Here's another historical fact that's little known. The success of the Navy at Midway can be partially attributed to the USS Nautilus. Its attempts to attack the Japanese task force attracted the attention of Japanese destroyers. It was one of these destroyers returning to the fleet that led US dive bombers to the Japanese carriers. This of course resulted in the destruction of Kido Butai.

Piney,

We have not been attacked since 9/11 because we have not been attacked since 9/11.

I have not had a driving accident in 5 years. Does that mean i will not have one today? How do I know why I have not had an accident? I may be a good driver but my last accident involved me sitting at a traffic stop and getting T-boned. My actions had nothing to do with the event. My mother is a horrible driver and has never been in an accident. Does that mean she is actually a great driver or just lucky?

Since no one knows why there has not been an attack, there is no way to link W's actions with the lack of attacks. It may have been him or it may be 1 of hundreds of other possibilities.

We have not been attacked since 9/11 because we have not been attacked since 9/11.

WTH ? Sounds like something Clinton said ! Then again, maybe all Demorats are just made that way ! :shock:

Or maybe you have ties or a Batphone, that rings directely to the head of Homeland security and he fills you in on all attacks that have secretely been thwarted ! :blink:

Frankly I admire him for his strength of his convictions that the US must keep the pressure on terrorists and those that support them.
Meanwhile, in the 7 years since 9/11, over 5 million "illegal" aliens have crossed our borders. Only a fool would think that EVERY terrorist went to Iraq to fight "the great satan". They waited over 8 years between attacks on US soil. Bush's plan on keeping us safe by taking the battle to Iraq isn't that old yet.

Meanwhile, in the 7 years since 9/11, over 5 million "illegal" aliens have crossed our borders. Only a fool would think that EVERY terrorist went to Iraq to fight "the great satan". They waited over 8 years between attacks on US soil. Bush's plan on keeping us safe by taking the battle to Iraq isn't that old yet.

Hey, I'm all for puttin' up "THE FENCE" and bootin' out the illeagals. Too bad Liberals got in the way ! :down:

Piney,

Since no one knows why there has not been an attack, there is no way to link W's actions with the lack of attacks. It may have been him or it may be 1 of hundreds of other possibilities.

Duh......

Criticisms of post-9/11 efforts to protect the United States from attack range from claims that America is more vulnerable than ever to the contention that the transnational terrorist danger is vastly over-hyped. A review of publicly available information on at least 19 terrorist conspiracies thwarted by U.S. law enforce­ment suggests that the truth lies somewhere in between these two arguments.