Russia Calls Obama out!

yeah i read the article , the russians are waving their big stick ....

No one here cares .... missle defence is designed to protect our nation from rouge nations and accidental missle launches .... Sadly i don't recall the missle defence offering any sort of protection against econmic destruction ....

We can no longer affoard the missle defence program ....

Of course they are waving their big stick, its a test of against the new president. They see him as weak and await his response. Unfortunately every other nation, good and bad are as well.

interesting , but again , who cares what russia or the other nations of the world think ? We have our own problems that we must deal with , the russians , their demands and their interests take a back seat to our econmic problems ... now if they want to expand trade that's fine ...

You see if the russians REALLY wanted to test him they'd do something that would affect the ECONOMY ... that's what we now care about , not military issues ... if the russians want to live in the past , i say let them ... if obama were to "back down " he wouldn't lose any credibltiy here .. we're still the most powerfull nation on earth , but our miltiary power cannot save our economy .. just because the russians are trying to goad us doesn't mean we should waste hundreds of billions of dollars to build a missle defence system just to say to them " there! we defied you , how do you like that !?" meanwhile our citizens will be starving on the streets ...

interesting , but again , who cares what russia or the other nations of the world think ?

Obama has to, there's a overwhelming crisis of confidence if he doesn't. He will be pressured from Washington, the military, etc.

We have our own problems that we must deal with , the russians , their demands and their interests take a back seat to our econmic problems ... now if they want to expand trade that's fine ...

Thats not exactly how the russians are viewing it...unfortunately.

You see if the russians REALLY wanted to test him they'd do something that would affect the ECONOMY ... that's what we now care about , not military issues ... if the russians want to live in the past , i say let them ... if obama were to "back down " he wouldn't lose any credibltiy here .. we're still the most powerfull nation on earth , but our miltiary power cannot save our economy.

I know what your saying, but whats in our heads and in theirs is another story.

. just because the russians are trying to goad us doesn't mean we should waste hundreds of billions of dollars to build a missle defence system just to say to them " there! we defied you , how do you like that !?" meanwhile our citizens will be starving on the streets .

Unfortunately that seems to be the reality. We cant show others that we are the most powerful nation without proving it.

Let’s be pragmatic here ….

What do we have to gain by not caving in to their demands ? Nothing ….

We as a nation need to do what we have always done , and it’s called doing what’s in the best interests for ourselves aka “national interests “ ….

If he “caves†correctly we can be seen as country willing to “compromise and reach accords†etc and crap like that ….

We have no need to “prove “ our power , we’ve already taken out Iraq and Afghanistan …. We’ve got the latest and best military hardware etc … we can destroy the world 14 times over ….

We simply cannot afford to waste money … an arms race at this time is not in Americans best interests ..besides the Russians are heading down the same economic path we are ….

Let’s be pragmatic here ….

What do we have to gain by not caving in to their demands ? Nothing ….

We as a nation need to do what we have always done , and it’s called doing what’s in the best interests for ourselves aka “national interests “ ….

If he “caves†correctly we can be seen as country willing to “compromise and reach accords†etc and crap like that ….

We have no need to “prove “ our power , we’ve already taken out Iraq and Afghanistan …. We’ve got the latest and best military hardware etc … we can destroy the world 14 times over ….

We simply cannot afford to waste money … an arms race at this time is not in Americans best interests ..besides the Russians are heading down the same economic path we are ….

I agree, trust me as on the surface your reasoning makes sense. But they aren't being pragmatic, hence todays article. Its not about "caving", as so much a test of wills. They are sending a signal and await to see how Obama will address it in his presidency. Remember world politics don't necessarily follow reason or common sense.

I agree, trust me as on the surface your reasoning makes sense. But they aren't being pragmatic, hence todays article. Its not about "caving", as so much a test of wills. They are sending a signal and await to see how Obama will address it in his presidency. Remember world politics don't necessarily follow reason or common sense.
Then he should have waited until late January. Bush is liable to just nuke them on January 19.

Care to back up the claim that he's intellectually deficient? And what do you know about naval aviation, you were on subs. Quite frankly you’re not much different from some of the people here who attack Obama.

Well...when you graduate at the BOTTOM of your class of 989, you are DEFICIENT. Maybe not in your book, but that wouldn't say much.

Quite frankly when you make a silly statement about navel aviation regarding someone who couldn't keep an airplane in the sky or land safely, it doesn't say much about your bloster.

Did you fly them...thought not. So, fixing them and flying them are quite different. (in case that was lost on you and my Submarine duty).

And if people want to parade around like their Flying in the Navy makes them "an expert" in National security then they need to "back it up".

It's unfortunate that he was captured and in prison for five years. However, THAT does not make the rest of your military performance full of heroic endeavors. His left a LOT to be desired.

Well...when you graduate at the BOTTOM of your class of 989, you are DEFICIENT. Maybe not in your book, but that wouldn't say much.

So the United States Navy has officers that are intellectually deficient? Why don't you tell these officers that since they did not graduate in the top half of their class they are DEFICIENT. I guess that must mean that there are officers putting their butt's on the line right now in places like Iraq and Afghanistan who are DEFICIENT. So when those officers come home you should be waiting at the airport to inform them that they are DEFICIENT just because they graduated near the bottom of their class.

One more thing, crack open a history book.

So the United States Navy has officers that are intellectually deficient? Why don't you tell these officers that since they did not graduate in the top half of their class they are DEFICIENT. I guess that must mean that there are officers putting their butt's on the line right now in places like Iraq and Afghanistan who are DEFICIENT. So when those officers come home you should be waiting at the airport to inform them that they are DEFICIENT just because they graduated near the bottom of their class.

One more thing, crack open a history book.

No...that is not what I said my friend. I said the one who graduated at the bottom of their class and kept crashing planes and treating them like toys endangering the deck crews and being involved with an incident that killed one. The one that played his service like it was above all others. That's what I said.

Just so I'm "clear". I will "crack open" a history book. In fact, I do it often. Love history.

No...that is not what I said my friend.

No, that's exactly what you said. Well...when you graduate at the BOTTOM of your class of 989, you are DEFICIENT. Did I read that incorrectly? Are you going to try and argue that class rank makes you a good officer or pilot? Only a fool would try and argue that, but knock yourself out.

The one that played his service like it was above all others.

This coming from the same person who called his part of the Navy the most ELITE. Sounds pretty conceited to me.

And if people want to parade around like their Flying in the Navy makes them "an expert" in National security then they need to "back it up".

Where has he said or even implied that him being a pilot made him an expert on national security. Maybe his service on the Armed Services committee might have something to do with it.

No, that's exactly what you said. Well...when you graduate at the BOTTOM of your class of 989, you are DEFICIENT. Did I read that incorrectly? Are you going to try and argue that class rank makes you a good officer or pilot? Only a fool would try and argue that, but knock yourself out.

The one that played his service like it was above all others.

This coming from the same person who called his part of the Navy the most ELITE. Sounds pretty conceited to me.

Since you are trying your BEST to make this about anybody but McCain...(struggling with comprehension).

"You" as in McCain, got that, or do you need more "spell it outs".

Uhhh, well, if you don't really know what you are doing, YES, class rank is an indication that you didn't "get it" or "couldn't get it".

And once again...yes...the Sub force was/is considered the most Elite for the simple reason that it is a First Strike/ Last defense of the Strategic Command. It was THE number one deterrent in the Cold War. As most War stategists know, ICBMs, Bombers could be neutralize...NEVER the Submarine Force.

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P3-1413181711.html

Don't take my word for it. http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/lib...rt/1992/RRL.htm

I am pleased that you were paying attention in class a few weeks ago.

Here's and excellent source for you to read up on America's "Silent Killers". http://www.alibris.co.uk/booksearch?qwork=...s*listing*title

A superb read.

Why do we care about a missile defense program which more than likely will not be anymore effective than the system we are designing? If someone launches nukes it's all over. Bright light, big boom, big cloud.....and then ...nothing.