Seats On the B757 Internationl Config

UPNAWAY

Veteran
Aug 17, 2005
DALLAS
Booking a confirmed ticket on JFK to EDI. Are Choice seats worth it? Also on Seat Guru Row 10 they say those seats are limited leg room dispite being exit row. What is up there? 10A or F has no seat infront does the Door protrude to far into your leg area?
Appreciate any advice.

UPNAWAY said:
Booking a confirmed ticket on JFK to EDI. Are Choice seats worth it? Also on Seat Guru Row 10 they say those seats are limited leg room dispite being exit row. What is up there? 10A or F has no seat infront does the Door protrude to far into your leg area?
Appreciate any advice.
An exit row seat is defined by the FAA as a seat from which you can reach an exit without entering an aisle.  Because there is no 9A or 9F, seats 10A, B and C can access the 2L door and 10 D, E, and F can access the 2R door without entering the aisle.  Except for the extra leg room that 10A and !0F get, the pitch is the same as any other row in coach.

Thanks but that is not really correct. Choice seats have 4-6 inches more pitch, that is why we charge extra for them. My real question is why the "Caution" on seats 10A & 10F on seat guru. I know the similar seats on the A321 everyone general likes. I was looking for a little more specific info to the AA 757's that fly over the Atlantic wondering if there is something different about them to get the negative comments. Those seats would probably be my preference.

I'm not familiar with the term, Choice seat.  AA uses the term, Main Cabin Extra (MCE), to denote the seats with extra leg room.  On  all configurations of the 757, the MCE rows are 22, 25, 27, 30, and 33.  This is according to the official cabin equipment diagrams.  The designated (for the reason I first gave) exit rows are 9, 10, 17, and 18.  So, if seatguru is telling you that the seats in row 10 are Choice seats, they have their own definition of Choice.  The pitch is the same as all other coach rows except the window exit rows (17,18) and the MCE rows.  I mean they are close to the lav, and if you are at an airport, such as MIA or MCO, that uses the 2L door for deplaning, you get off the airplane pretty quick, but "Choice?"

The main problem with 10A and 10F is that there is no underseat stowage. Just as with any bulkhead seat, everything has to go in the OH bin until after takeoff.  There is lots of legroom in those seats since there's no 9A or 9F, but no you can not slump down in the seat and put your feet up on the slide bustle.  I know you know that, but most passengers see no reason why they can't do it.

The only other difference in the 3 757 configurations that I know of is the number of seats in FC--16, 22, or 24.  I think the 16-seater is the "International" version and FC is called Business Class.  IIRC, that configuration uses a more reclinable seat, not "lie-flat", but more than usual.  But, I can't swear to that.  I've never done an International flight, and at 13 years, I'm not senior enough to hold a 757 line at DFW.

Reactions: 2 people
Thanks for the info,
Choice seats was my mistake and probably the US term.

MCE is rows 9-19 according to this diagram and the seat map from AA.com also..We are selling them for an additional $55 to 85 dollars more each leg.

American_Airlines_Boeing_757-200_MCE_Intl_new.jpg

You're diagram is probably right.  I just realized that I was misreading the manual page on the cabin diagram.  What I quoted as MCE rows was the location of power ports on non-MCE rows.  All MCE rows have power ports.

The diagram doesn't say anything about MCE seats other than there are 52 of them in main cabin.  Sorry about that.

However, the last time I deadheaded on a 757, I can assure you that there was not extra legroom in row 10.  But, that was a common garden variety domestic 757, not one of those fancy-schmancy International 757s.  LOL

I went to AA.com to the Travel Information, Our Planes section.  It doesn't even mention MCE in the a/c diagrams.  It does, however, omit 10B and 10E from the list of exit row seats.  I'm not sure how they can be in the same row with 4 exit row seats and not be in an exit row.