Pre-boarders Sitting In Emergency Exit

Well, in many cases, it would seem that "true" preboarders should be unable to sit in the Exit row. By definition, preboarding is available to those who needs extra time, be it for mobility reasons or for those with small children.

It would seem, that preboarding and exit rows are mutually exclusive, except in some very rare cases.

WNjetdoc said:
Winglet, I have read many posts by you and you seem to have an unhealthy obsession with SWA. Its not good to keep that hate inside of you. I think perhaps you hear voices in your peanut telling you SWA is the reason for you living in a cardboard box. Plz ignore those voices as they are lying to you, its not true.

I have a great idea, next time you start to get one of those terrible headaches of yours and you start to hear those voices in your head just take a hammer, or a hatchet, whatevers handy, and bash the hell out of those voices....yes, that would be very good....for us, :p .
[post="271288"][/post]​

Hmmm. . . . You must not "read so good." I'm complimentary of SW most of the time, however, certainly not in all matters and especially not the free-for-all boarding.

As for the cardboard box, just because someone doesn't work for SWA doesn't mean they live in a cardboard box. I'll bet my "cardboard box" beats yours, and I'm retired early.

Hate?? It's also very Orwellian of you to label anybody that is in anyway critical of SWA of being psychotic and suggest that they just do away with themselves.

Maybe the SW medical plan will cover a psychiatric eval for you.

Winglet said:
Hmmm. . . . You must not "read so good." I'm complimentary of SW most of the time, however, certainly not in all matters and especially not the free-for-all boarding.

As for the cardboard box, just because someone doesn't work for SWA doesn't mean they live in a cardboard box. I'll bet my "cardboard box" beats yours, and I'm retired early.

Hate?? It's also very Orwellian of you to label anybody that is in anyway critical of SWA of being psychotic and suggest that they just do away with themselves.

[post="271982"][/post]​

Pssst............ WNjetdoc looks like Vin Diesl on riods.....

I am typing very quitely because if he reads this he'll come back and beat me. I have seen him hit himself in the head with a hammer he says it helps him think more clearly.

Also, he doesn't read he grabs a supervisor by the neck and has them read articles for him.

When he goes on a gate call it's not unusal to hear of a Captian sacrificing his F/O to escape his wrath.

These are on his good days. When he has a bad day watch out. :unsure:

KCFlyer said:
ELP - speaking of Mr. Peppermint - I went to high school with a guy named "Gibby Haynes" - son of Mr. Peppermint. Do a google search on his name...Papa's so proud.l
[post="271946"][/post]​

Who needs a Google search? Doesn't everyone know that Gibby is the singer/guitarist/leader of the Butthole Surfers?
But what, pray tell, is/was his proud Dad's ("Mr. Peppermint"?!) claim to fame?

mga707 said:
Who needs a Google search? Doesn't everyone know that Gibby is the singer/guitarist/leader of the Butthole Surfers?
But what, pray tell, is/was his proud Dad's ("Mr. Peppermint"?!) claim to fame?
[post="272020"][/post]​

Why..he's Mr. Peppermint...for a generation of Dallas youngsters. Bit odd that Mr Peppermint begat the lead butthole surfer. My brush with greatness....I went to high school with Gibby.

Winglet said:

[post="271982"][/post]​

Hmmm, I went back and read your last two pages of posts. In those two pages not only did I not find a, "complimentary" post about SWA but you never had anything nice to say about anything. In short you seem to have somthing critical to say about everyone and everything, good job at spreading the love, lol.

You may be correct about the cardboard box thing, I must admit I did see a few folks living in cardboard boxes while I was still with U, however those "homes" were their little airport crash pads while at work.

Now for Orwellian comment. I was making an observation, Im not the gov. trying to control your thoughts or peak into your mind, (truly a frightening thought), nor am I a member of the Students for an Orwellian Society. With that you can settle down, the gov. isn't out to get you, ok? :blink:

Oh yea, our medical coverage for psychiatric care is called Clear Skies, but thats all I know about it, :p .

Now Im thinking Bubbleboy can give us some thoughts about Clear skies as he was the original person in the outpatient psychiatric care program. He is doing much better than when he first went in.

VinDiesel on roids.....good one dude but I've tried to push you around and you're a tough cookie to crack. Im more like Diesel trying to get into Sumo there bubbleboy.

WNjetdoc said:
VinDiesel on roids.....good one dude but I've tried to push you around and you're a tough cookie to crack. Im more like Diesel trying to get into Sumo there bubbleboy.
[post="272064"][/post]​

Actually, if you want to get to the Bubble Boy, all you have to do is tell him "Sorry, but the correct answer is MOOPS!"

Sorry, couldn't resist a little Seinfeld humor there!

Seriously though, it's always been my experience that the SWA flight attendants have been good about advising Customers sitting in the exit row that they are in an emergency exit row and asking if they are capable of performing the functions required of sitting in that row.

One thing that may possibly irk passengers waiting for continuation flights though is that the "prime legroom" seats might not necessarily be taken by preboarders, but by through passengers who are continuing on with the flight. So before blaming preboarders in every instance, remember there just might be another plausible explanation as to why those "roomy" seats are already occupied.

[quote name='I'mRayFlyMe' date='May 23 2005, 12:59 AM']Actually, if you want to get to the Bubble Boy, all you have to do is tell him "Sorry, but the correct answer is MOOPS!"

Sorry, couldn't resist a little Seinfeld humor there!

Seriously though, it's always been my experience that the SWA flight attendants have been good about advising Customers sitting in the exit row that they are in an emergency exit row and asking if they are capable of performing the functions required of sitting in that row.

One thing that may possibly irk passengers waiting for continuation flights though is that the "prime legroom" seats might not necessarily be taken by preboarders, but by through passengers who are continuing on with the flight.  So before blaming preboarders in every instance, remember there just might be another plausible explanation as to why those "roomy" seats are already occupied.
[post="272096"][/post]​
[/quote]

Thats a valid point Ray. While working thru flights I see the thru passengers switching seats all the time, prior to the new passengers getting on. They usually move to the front or in the emergency exit row.

You can believe Bubbleboy hears the moops line alot, but he usually gets the, "not that there's anything wrong with that" line. You see, Bubbleboy is a very handsome man and the ladies, (and gentlemen) tend to flock towards him.....not that there's anything wrong with that.

WNjetdoc said:
You can believe Bubbleboy hears the moops line alot, but he usually gets the, "not that there's anything wrong with that" line. You see, Bubbleboy is a very handsome man and the ladies, (and gentlemen) tend to flock to him.....not that there's anything wrong with that.
[post="272118"][/post]​

Thanks for the response, WNjetdoc... couldn't resist the Seinfeld quip, after all Season 4 is now out on DVD! :)

WNjetdoc said:
Thats a valid point Ray. While working thru flights I see the thru passengers switching seats all the time, prior to the new passengers getting on. They usually move to the front or in the emergency exit row.

Yep. I've done it myself, more than a few times. Grab a window in the back on the ABQ leg (usually pretty empty, so almost guaranteed a row to myself), then move up to the VERY roomy exit row before the ABQ-MDW pax board (since this leg is usually nearly full or full).
After July 5 it becomes academic--NONSTOP to MDW, finally!
:up:

KCFlyer said:
So does every other airline. It usually consists of asking "are you able and willing to assist in an emergency". The passenger usually replies "yes". Does HP do something different, like time them in the 40 yard dash, or does "verify" fall somewhere in what I described?
[post="271953"][/post]​

I sometimes ask more then that one question, especially if I am concerned after visually accessing the individual. Case in point. Elderly couple, probably in their 70's and Isee the wife looks frail and unable to handle the door. I got down on a knee, looked her in the eye and quietly asked if she thought she could remove the door in the event of an emergency. She said "oh no, but I have these strong people next to me", indicating others in the row. Having already then made my decision, I very nicely showed her all the duties printed on the card and she was then very willing to move.

Now I simply push the elderly and infirm out of my way (along with the parents and their small children) to fight for that cherished legroom.

And just think, for about $8 bucks more you could have avoided a potential assault charge and got on Delta. Not to mention having to "fight" for anything. If you cherish legroom so much, why aren't you all willing to pay for it? Especially anyone who would consider preboarding for physical reasons and then taking an exit row.... that's asonyne.

But what can you say? Like minds flock together, and you pay for what you get.

USAir757 said:
And just think, for about $8 bucks more you could have avoided a potential assault charge and got on Delta. Not to mention having to "fight" for anything. If you cherish legroom so much, why aren't you all willing to pay for it? Especially anyone who would consider preboarding for physical reasons and then taking an exit row.... that's asonyne.

But what can you say? Like minds flock together, and you pay for what you get.
[post="272234"][/post]​

Hmmm...if I am looking for legroom in a coach seat, Southwest is usually my first choice since their legroom is greater than the average "plebian level" coach seat. Delta's got great legroom if you are lucky enough to get one of their one-class "shuttle" planes.

Latest posts