Pre-boarders Sitting In Emergency Exit

KCFlyer said:
Hmmm...if I am looking for legroom in a coach seat, Southwest is usually my first choice since their legroom is greater than the average "plebian level" coach seat. Delta's got great legroom if you are lucky enough to get one of their one-class "shuttle" planes.
[post="272251"][/post]​

Good jab there KC, as always! :up:

Hmmm...if I am looking for legroom in a coach seat, Southwest is usually my first choice since their legroom is greater than the average "plebian level" coach seat. Delta's got great legroom if you are lucky enough to get one of their one-class "shuttle" planes.

Doesn't explain why loyal WN patrons are griping because hordes of 5'1 senior citizens are jumping the gun to get to the e-row first. I've never heard of this problem on any other airline.

USAir757 said:
Doesn't explain why loyal WN patrons are griping because hordes of 5'1 senior citizens are jumping the gun to get to the e-row first. I've never heard of this problem on any other airline.
[post="272526"][/post]​

As it's been mentioned in earlier posts - it may not be the preboarders...if it's a "thru" flight, someone who was on the plane already might be sitting in the seat. I've done it myself.

It's really no different than the other airlines blocking exit row seats at the last minute and assigning them to "preferred" customers at check in.

But I don't think were talking about 5'1 senior citizens doing this...indeed the only thing about an elderly lady was posted by an HP FA - and that means that the little old lady was ASSIGNED that seat.

That's why I won't line up with an A card...odds are the exit row is already taken, but the legroom in the regular rows is far better than any other airlines "regular" coach seat.

USAir757 said:
And just think, for about $8 bucks more you could have avoided a potential assault charge and got on Delta. Not to mention having to "fight" for anything. If you cherish legroom so much, why aren't you all willing to pay for it? Especially anyone who would consider preboarding for physical reasons and then taking an exit row.... that's asonyne.

But what can you say? Like minds flock together, and you pay for what you get.
[post="272234"][/post]​

never heard of sarcasm, huh?

KCFlyer said:
So does every other airline. It usually consists of asking "are you able and willing to assist in an emergency". The passenger usually replies "yes". Does HP do something different, like time them in the 40 yard dash, or does "verify" fall somewhere in what I described?
[post="271953"][/post]​

Hold on boss man
I have 100% power to move an old person from the exit row if I feel uncomfortable with them sitting there.The other 120 passengers ARE more important, as granny WOULD be an liability in the event of an evacuation. No prejudice, just fact. There is NO WAY I would let a fragile 80 year old sit in that exit row. I will take my chances with a lawsuit. If SAFETY is a factor, then my discretion as a f/a professional comes first and foremost.

I find this topic interesting seeing as Southwest is the ONLY airline that discriminates against the obese. :lol: :lol:

firstamendment said:
I find this topic interesting seeing as Southwest is the ONLY airline that discriminates against the obese. :lol: :lol:
[post="273708"][/post]​

Refusing transportation to anyone who required a second seat would be discriminatory. Requiring that a "Customer of Size" pay for the extra seat they require is not....so far the judges/juries in the lawsuits the policy has generated agree.

P.S. According to the following link, Continental, American, and Northwest also require obese passengers to purchase a second seat. So much for Southwest being the "ONLY airline that discriminates against the obese".

article

SWAFA30 said:
Refusing transportation to anyone who required a second seat would be discriminatory. Requiring that a "Customer of Size" pay for the extra seat they require is not....so far the judges/juries in the lawsuits the policy has generated agree.

P.S. According to the following link, Continental, American, and Northwest also require obese passengers to purchase a second seat. So much for Southwest being the "ONLY airline that discriminates against the obese".

article
[post="273795"][/post]​

According to the contract of carriage of EVERY airline, they have pretty much the same verbage as Southwest.

firstamendment said:
Hold on boss man
I have 100% power to move an old person from the exit row if I feel uncomfortable with them sitting there.The other 120 passengers ARE more important, as granny WOULD be an liability in the event of an evacuation. No prejudice, just fact. There is NO WAY I would let a fragile 80 year old sit in that exit row. I will take my chances with a lawsuit. If SAFETY is a factor, then my discretion as a f/a professional comes first and foremost.

[post="273708"][/post]​

So...Southwest FA's lack the cajones to move an old person from an exit row? Remember....it was an HP FA who cited the little old lady in the exit row...not a Southwest FA.