UAL: -8.04%
LCC: -3.6%

Net Margin (including one-time/specials):
UAL: +0.7%
DAL: -3.67%
CAL: -6.81%
AMR: -7.98%
LCC: +1.5%

It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile; winning's winning.

Gaucho99

You sir are the winner , the top dog , the number one stunna , congratulations !!

I’d also like to share the sentiment of shock , my jaw dropped when I read the earnings announcement … Management really pulled one out of a hat this time! :lol: I mean I don’t think ANYONE expected that things would turn out this good … damn, their earning their salary now! :up: Congratulations to all of you at the top who helped make this happen … :up:

We live to fight another day!!!!, :lol:

WOW. :eek: I am amazed. And shocked too. :lol:
I am somewhat amazed that anyone would think this is significant.

Within several, even tens, of percentage points, the "management team" can manage investors/public perception and stay well within "legal" accounting parameters. After all, though done poorly enough, they don't just manage people. :shock:

Many here seem to think USAirways is run like a "mom and pop" store, when, in reality, it is run more like a bar, with the "owner" pocketing cash out of the till each time they close for the night. They don't have to wait with bated breath for each "announcement". The only thing they have to worry about is how their target audience reacts. That. is. it.

Ok gang , closest to the actual Q2 numbers will get the grand prize of RESPECT :up: (sorry our company and it’s workers are too poor for anything else )

And for bonus points , what do you think our stock, ticker symbol LCC will close at on Thursday ?

My guess is we lose 350 million and our stock closes at 1.75 ... yeah yeah , i know i'm a pessmist ... :rolleyes:

AND THE WINNER IS

GAUCHO99!!!!!!!!!

Did anyone see uncle Dougie on CNBC this morning? In case you missed it, he said we made a $58 million profit, and believes we are on the right track. I guess he didn't have his morning coffee before he gave that interview.

Did anyone see uncle Dougie on CNBC this morning? In case you missed it, he said we made a $58 million profit, and believes we are on the right track. I guess he didn't have his morning coffee before he gave that interview.

He's apparently too stupid to realize that US actually lost $98 million before the mark to market paper gains that caused the paper profit. Either that or he likes deceiving people.

But that fits his constant bending of the truth, like including the non-marketable auction rate notes in unrestricted cash. He thrives on deception.

Corporate travel fell 30-35% first half of the year..It would be interesting to know how many bailed to other airlines vs budget reductions on corporate travel..

FWAAA... Hey man, special items are there to ease the financial burden, and I welcome this news.

If we had more pax, then we would be better off, so YAAY SPECIAL ITEMS!

SOMEONE PASS ME A COKE, AND A 20$ SANDWICH!

It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile; winning's winning.

Gaucho99

You sir are the winner , the top dog , the number one stunna , congratulations !!

I guess the winner would be determined by which figure you look at. Elevation's guss of -87 million was closer to the 95 million dollar loss.

I guess the winner would be determined by which figure you look at. Elevation's guss of -87 million was closer to the 95 million dollar loss.

Despite jimntx annointing Elevation as the winner and freedom proclaiming you as the winner, in my view, SpinDoc came the closest with his guess of "just shy of $100M loss." $98 million is "just shy" of $100 million.