Security Lines and wait times

Glenn Quagmire said:
Lower your expectations with this one Jim.
Yeah  Glenn you're brilliant. You  led a successful strike didn't  you. You are all much better off for it, aren't you. How many people lost their jobs?
You are the first lemming off the cliff 

I have to say that Pre-Check (Global Entry actually) is the best $100 I have ever spent. I have never had a significant wait on that line, even when the regular line is backed up--and that includes CLT and MCO.

I agree air crew should have their own screening, and under certain circumstances should be able to jump to the head of the line (I always invite them to do so if they are in my line).

The TSA is trying to manage a difficult situation with what little resources they have...being a government agency that's not easy... :)

Reactions: 2 people
jimntx said:
We were discussing MCO.  Try to imagine how rarely deicers are needed there.

All deicing is done with solar power... As in push the plane into the sun and wait. :lol:

Art at ISP said:
I have to say that Pre-Check (Global Entry actually) is the best $100 I have ever spent. I have never had a significant wait on that line, even when the regular line is backed up--and that includes CLT and MCO.
Everyone I know that has it has said the exact same thing. Maybe that'll be my Christmas gift to myself this year...

Kev3188 said:
All deicing is done with solar power... As in push the plane into the sun and wait. :lol:

Everyone I know that has it has said the exact same thing. Maybe that'll be my Christmas gift to myself this year...
Breaks down to $20 a year. So TOTALLY worth it. Doesn't hurt that AA reimburses flight crews.

Reactions: 1 person
Kev3188 said:
Years ago, I went to a train-the-trainer deicing class with a guy from VPS.

He definitely got a lot of strange looks...
 I would be more concerned if the guy from BUF didn't know what a  refractometer is

Latest posts