Selfish, Ignorant, Rude & ARROGANT behavior!

MAAMARCH04

Jan 28, 2006
Just received the following correspondence from the organizing member of the PIT-PHL commuters group. I read the note and by the end of it I was feeling outraged and furious. You see, my ONLY option to continue commuting to this job that I love is my free ride on SWA. We have been warned/advised at least a half dozen times about our place in the SWA boarding process and most of us profoundly appreciate this privilege. Unfortunately, we still have a few COWS out there that are willling to jeopardize our agreement with SWA and they continue to conduct themselves full with self-absorption.

Sorry, I needed to vent and I'm frustrated!

NOTE REMOVED BY MODERATOR

NOTE: After reading subsequent posts it came to our attention that this note was posted without permission of the author.

People will just never "get it" regardless of the warnings. Its only a matter of time till something drastic will take that perk away. Its always a few numbskulls that will ruin it for everyone else...happens always.

I totally agree. Write them up. I don't commute to/from Philly so that's not my struggle, but a lot of good, humble employees do. It's not fair to those who follow the rules, and, God forbid, the SWA PRIVILEGE is revoked, then the good folks who do the right thing will be really hurt. Don't wait for the next incident. Write them up now!

If I were this WN person, I'd already be taking steps to embargo PIT-PHL for US employees. This has been going on for too long. Unfortunately, I'm afraid that's what it's going to take. There are too many employees around US who think they're entitled to X, Y and Z.

Venting is good and here is a great place to do it.

Sadly as a society we have a problem with the DYKWIA (Do you know who I am) mentality and no socioeconomic group is immune to the disease.

Maybe it's instead of trying to smooth things over, it's time to let the chips fall where they fall. If you have a good rapport with the WN folks just have them write letters regarding the offending F/A's to US and deny boarding.

Why should those who play by the rules suffer?

I get the whole solidarity thing but really are the offenders going to chip in and pay your rent?

Piney,

I'm a PIT-PHL commuter and everytime I sit my behind down on a WN flight I take a moment to think how lucky I am to have this ride to/from work. Then, every few months we hear of another ###hole PIT commuter creating trouble at a WN gate and I start worrying about the future of my travel privileges on WN. It's nerve-racking and I'm sick and tired of these people with their "entitled" attitudes. My only hope is that WN handles these people on an individual basis and does not punish all of US.

Inter-airline jumpseat agreements are generally all or nothing--everyone or no one. No one has the time or inclination to write letters regarding offending individuals from another company. What always happens if an agreement is cancelled is that the many pay for the sins of the few. And, it won't be an embargo on particular routes--such as, PIT-PHL. It will result in NO US Airways employees riding to any WN destinations. This was made exceedingly clear to us at AA when the agreement with WN was reached. All or nothing, so behave yourselves.

From my own personal experience I can say that WN employees bend over backward to accomodate OAL employees. The one time I was denied boarding at STL--they were oversold due to a cancellation--I thought the agent was going to cry when she told me. She later, of her own volition and without a request from me, got me re-routed through HOU to DAL. I ended up getting home about 2 hours later than originally planned, but I got home that night.

On the other hand, OAL employees who think that WN management expects their employees to take abuse from OAL employees have another think coming. The problem, though, is that the solution might very well mean a cancellation of the agreement for all employees.

While I don't agree all should suffer for a few idiots I don't think it's WN's employees problem to have to write letters about OAL employees. If I used WN as a backup and KNEW the person who was responsible for the agreement being revoked they'd need TSA to pull me off him/her. :lol:

All I can say to you is it's time for you to use your obvious negotiating skills and lobby Wn to do exactly that. handle the offenders on an individual basis.

Bingo!

I do know of at least one LCC commuter pilot who is banned from non-revving on CAL for two years as a result of his offensive behavior. In addition the Chief Pilot was contacted and a demand for an apology letter from the offender to CAL was made as condition for his priviledges being re-instated.

SWA should consider something to this. Take names, kick their a$$es off the airline for good. There are just too many nice folks out there for one or a few dirtbags to mess things up.

At least this incident wasn't a near riot like the other times. It would be nice to just kick-out the trouble makers, that would be fair. Hopefully that is what will happen. But my own gut feeling tells me that there will be less paperwork if you kick-out the entire group...unfortunately. Not to mention that there might be some trouble making non-revs who hire lawyers because they were falsely accused according to them.

Apparently the word guest is misunderstood by some arrogant folks.

Seems the "PITheads" are everywhere in US Airways.

It's time for the PIT commuters to do some "self policing". Names need to be turned in when this sort of behavior happens. If not, the commuters only have themselves to blame when they lose jumpseat privledges. It's time for some of these old bags to retire. You have to remember what your dealing with here: Past-their-prime-menopause-mamas hot off the Euro flights who only have their deal beloved, fluffy, wuffy, kitty cat to go home to. Oh, and I heard from a Southwest mechanic who commutes between PIT-PHL that he's sick and tired of the loud chatter amongst all the commuting stews. All one has to do is shut up and sit down. How hard is that?

Later,
Eye

Where is Joe Giordano when you need him?

He would have put a stop to this in a hurry and there'd be some "past-their-prime-menopause-mamas" (great description, Eye) in the pass-riding cornfield. Great guy, that Joe, but don't screw with your pass privileges, or piss him off, or you're toast.

Latest posts