Selfish, Ignorant, Rude & ARROGANT behavior!

Where is Joe Giordano when you need him?

He would have put a stop to this in a hurry and there'd be some "past-their-prime-menopause-mamas" (great description, Eye) in the pass-riding cornfield. Great guy, that Joe, but don't screw with your pass privileges, or piss him off, or you're toast.

He's the Travel Manager at Virgin America.

Piney,

I'm a PIT-PHL commuter and everytime I sit my behind down on a WN flight I take a moment to think how lucky I am to have this ride to/from work. Then, every few months we hear of another ###hole PIT commuter creating trouble at a WN gate and I start worrying about the future of my travel privileges on WN. It's nerve-racking and I'm sick and tired of these people with their "entitled" attitudes. My only hope is that WN handles these people on an individual basis and does not punish all of US.
MAA,

Couldn't agree more, as a 20yr commuter myself I truely feel for the PIT-PHL gang. Losing this priv. would cause alot to quit. Maybe a friendly reminder to all from a inflight spv that any report of any suspected, alleged, or actual misbehavior will result in ALL travel pass priv. revoked for a min. of 6 mo. no questions asked. 1 or 2 drives would work wonders. Better yet, not only a drive, but would be restricted to only E-190 trips. How long do you think they would last.

MAA,

Couldn't agree more, as a 20yr commuter myself I truely feel for the PIT-PHL gang. Losing this priv. would cause alot to quit. Maybe a friendly reminder to all from a inflight spv that any report of any suspected, alleged, or actual misbehavior will result in ALL travel pass priv. revoked for a min. of 6 mo. no questions asked. 1 or 2 drives would work wonders. Better yet, not only a drive, but would be restricted to only E-190 trips. How long do you think they would last.

Hey cubfan,

LOL...especially the part about the E-190 trips. Instead of Debbie yelling to Gloria across 10 rows, on a packed WN flight, that she has "ROME" all month but tonight she has to do "FRANKFURT", I'd love to see her at the Monroeville toll booth after a 16-leg E-190 trip. Jerry, the PennDOT employee, would have to get out of his booth to collect the fare because Debbie wouldn't be able to lift her arms off of her steering wheel. She'd have stir sticks stuck in her wig, her glasses would be smudged from 4 days worth of cheddar Sun Chips finger prints and she'd be mumbling something about Buffalo and that all she has are Euros.

Hey cubfan,

LOL...especially the part about the E-190 trips. Instead of Debbie yelling to Gloria across 10 rows, on a packed WN flight, that she has "ROME" all month but tonight she has to do "FRANKFURT", I'd love to see her at the Monroeville toll booth after a 16-leg E-190 trip. Jerry, the PennDOT employee, would have to get out of his booth to collect the fare because Debbie wouldn't be able to lift her arms off of her steering wheel. She'd have stir sticks stuck in her wig, her glasses would be smudged from 4 days worth of cheddar Sun Chips finger prints and she'd be mumbling something about Buffalo and that all she has are Euros.
MAA,
Way to funny, I was crying getting a visual on this, not to mention the big hair wig alittle off center

I'd like to use this post to apologize to the organizing member of the PIT-PHL group, whose note to our group I posted in this thread. In my anger, I used it without considering that maybe I should have asked for her permission. I lacked forethought, it was careless on my part and I'm sorry.

Here's a way to handle the situation with the problem children:

alice2.jpg

I'd like to use this post to apologize to the organizing member of the PIT-PHL group, whose note to our group I posted in this thread. In my anger, I used it without considering that maybe I should have asked for her permission. I lacked forethought, it was careless on my part and I'm sorry.

MAA,

I appreciate your concerns over how our F/As handle themselves when commuting on WN. I use them quite a bit out of FL.

As far as your apology.....was the mass email to your group send as "confidential" or "for our eyes only"? If not, then the sender also bears some responsibility for their email being read outside the group.

lgwcalling

MAA,

I appreciate your concerns over how our F/As handle themselves when commuting on WN. I use them quite a bit out of FL.

As far as your apology.....was the mass email to your group send as "confidential" or "for our eyes only"? If not, then the sender also bears some responsibility for their email being read outside the group.

lgwcalling
The PIT-PHL Commuter group is a private group that you must submit your name, date of hire and employee number to become a member. It was designed that way so that the general public cannot access it and spam , read messages or contact the PIT commuting members so yes, it is considered confidential. Her e-mail should NOT have ended up on this PUBLIC board and the poster here needs to send her an e-mail and personally apologize.
In addition, I'd like to personally thank you for airing the PIT commuters dirty laundry on this public forum making us look even worse that most people think we already our due to past behaviour.

Folks,

After reading the posts above regarding an apology, we have decided to edit the original post to remove the note, which we mistakenly thought had been sent to the original poster for further distribution.

A further reminder that you may NEVER post material from other boards or private emails without the express written permission of the author or publisher.

All the years’ pre merger when I heard US AIR CS horror stories I wrongly assumed PHL employees where at fault. That ol' Philly attitude thing.
I have been shocked about how many bad attitude PIT folks are out there.
What is strange is one on one PIT people act nice & reasonable and sometimes PHL people will seem brash if not right out hostel. But when it comes to work ethic and professionalism, PHL folks are 100% better then PIT. PIT is very Middle America family value town how did this Royalty Syndrome come about?

I am usually as quiet as a church mouse and keep to myself, but after reading the postings with regard to this letter I think I have decided to open my trap

I am NOT a PIT-PHL commuter. I do Commute from point A to point B so I understand the importance of PRIVILEGED pass travel. I can see why someone may be upset because of the letter being posted on here, but let me add that I have received the SAME LETTER forwarded to me 2x (That's two times) to my e-mail account even before this topic started. Nothing is private if you can *cut* *copy* *paste* something and send it to other people. Wherever this letter originated from is not actually from a secured site. One's banking account or private consulting web page might be secured from a company like VeriSign. Put on your thinking caps kids

As for the rude behavior

Sit down..keep your hole shut..wait to be called.. take your seat.. keep your hole shut...feel PRIVLAGED... Keep your hole shut.... land in Phillly...Now Work!

:ph34r:

All the years’ pre merger when I heard US AIR CS horror stories I wrongly assumed PHL employees where at fault. That ol' Philly attitude thing.
I have been shocked about how many bad attitude PIT folks are out there.
What is strange is one on one PIT people act nice & reasonable and sometimes PHL people will seem brash if not right out hostel. But when it comes to work ethic and professionalism, PHL folks are 100% better then PIT. PIT is very Middle America family value town how did this Royalty Syndrome come about?

That was the dumbest thing I've read on here. You have no idea what you're talking about. One or two non-reving morons does not constitute the work ethic of an entire region. Don't believe me -- read this article from a few days again in the New York Times regarding Pittsburgh's transformation http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/08/business...08collapse.html.

Later,
Eye

I worked very closely with PIT, PHL & CLT people on many merger projects and still work everyday with people from PIT & CLT; and the PIT people across the board, work less, complain more and act as if they owned everything.....

My observations has nothing to do with the complaining commuters of this post!

I was a bit surprised to find out that US HQ was in CC not PIT, that the most important hub was PHL not PIT and that the biggest was CLT not PIT, but one could not tell that from the self important PIT people.

Piney, I could drink and adult beverage with you, talk politics all day and have a great time I am sure. But your misplaced love of all East and complete hate of all West couldn't be more misplaced from actual facts. I guess we both just have different perspectives.

Back