Selling E-190's

Status
Not open for further replies.
For sure Republic will be around and a part of the US Airways system. Heck they are just about in everyones system. They are the most reliable non wholly owned partner out there (quoted by management in one of the web broadcasts) working for LCC. If they do operate the 190's they cannot fly them in direct competition with LCC, but what they do in IND, MKE and DEN is up to them, LCC has no control over that (unless it is in the terms of this rumored sale).

While many think that the Frontier Airbuses are coming, I don't think so. They want to reduce capacity, they want to cut adminsitration, they want to become more lean (not mean). I think the big picture is liquidity since we just did a $137M stock offering with CITI. That combined with selling 10 aircraft (and another 15) adds to the war chest in many ways.

I honestly don't see our value in any merger. The only value is to consolidate for market purposes and reduce creditors exposure. It isn't about being the best, that's for sure.

Anyway my 2c's

Also there is strong rumor that the 737's out West have been retained. Some Airbus classes for 737 pilot have been cancelled.

I dont htink it woul dbe a reduction or addition if they sell 190s get Frontiers Airbuses then get rid of the 73s I for one think that they eventaully will get airbuses and sell the 190s and get rid of the boeings

E190 trips are being equipment subed with 733s.

What is really sad is that most of the 100 F/Os who are to be layed off came from Republic. They came here based on our projected retirements and age 65 screwed them on that. Now they are triple screwed as they left Republic--making more than mainline E190 Capts.--to come to this toxic place, and it is likely that Republic is getting the aircraft that they left Republic to come here to fly, leaving them hung out to dry.

Such a shame that any plane of this size let alone 170's are being operated by any regional airline. This is a sad day in the history of US Airways, and hopefully they bring in more airbuses to back fill for the 190's. I'm so VERY glad that our Pilots won't give away our scope for anything. They know what will happen if they do.

Why would they bring in additional A320s? Kirby said this is to reduce capacity (Although the seats are staying in North America, so how much help is it really?). I would think that any additional A320s will be as replacements for 733s. But what do I know?

What is really sad is that most of the 100 F/Os who are to be layed off came from Republic. They came here based on our projected retirements and age 65 screwed them on that. Now they are triple screwed as they left Republic--making more than mainline E190 Capts.--to come to this toxic place, and it is likely that Republic is getting the aircraft that they left Republic to come here to fly, leaving them hung out to dry.
Don't forget the scheduling section that is on the table FROM THE COMPANY: that alone would have created sufficient hiring below these soon to be furloughed pilots to save their jobs, even if every EMB leaves the property. The irony is that most or all of those soon-to-be-furloughed pilots voted for the regime that openly prevented the implementation of a scheduling section that would now be saving their jobs.

Don't forget the scheduling section that is on the table FROM THE COMPANY: that alone would have created sufficient hiring below these soon to be furloughed pilots to save their jobs, even if every EMB leaves the property. The irony is that most or all of those soon-to-be-furloughed pilots voted for the regime that openly prevented the implementation of a scheduling section that would now be saving their jobs.

Sounds a lot like Maintenance!

And what about the Mechanics in this saga?

We voted away our change of control language, and PIT as a protected maintenance base, and those things (E-190's) were keeping us in a job. Especially in PIT.

We did the Mods, plus we opened up a new Heavy Maintenance track just to do the wing spar upgrade on the flimsy piece of junk. 947 is in here now.

How many Mechanics will be affected by all this in PIT, PHL and CLT?

Update: 968, the newest of the 190's just parked on the ramp. Is it done too?????

And the scope section on the table does not protect the current 322 covered group two aircraft or block hour utilization. With the Kirby proposal they could shrink to 250 aircraft if they so choose and no scheduling changes cover that. Tell the whole story.

Evidently, the subject of the E190s has been exhausted as the thread continues to turn to the pilot issues. This thread is closed.

The last 5 posts have been deleted as they related only to pilot issues. Time off has been awarded.

Status
Not open for further replies.