Seniority integration

They wont lose what they have accrued, they will lose future contributions, I have the letter from the IAMNPF that proves that.

700UW said:
They wont lose what they have accrued, they will lose future contributions, I have the letter from the IAMNPF that proves that.
So, is that the only reason to stay with the IAM?

Apparently they are more reasons as less than a year ago the US Mechanic and Related did just that.

I think The LAA mechanics should vote in AMFA before the JCBA so when it's time to vote for a union LUS mechanics will be the bigger group.

Reactions: 1 person
AMFAinMIAMI said:
JFK

I for one am not saying what should happen or how things work in fleet service or any other dept. or group. It does not effect me what so ever so I really don't care.
Maybe you should?

I am not putting your job down it is one that is required at this time by the airline so someone has to do it.
Wow. Really?

Reactions: 3 people
CactUS4Ever said:
I think The LAA mechanics should vote in AMFA before the JCBA so when it's time to vote for a union LUS mechanics will be the bigger group.
I would love to hear your reasoning behind this. Are you just going to rehash the lies that OS peddles, or come up with some new ones?

Reactions: 2 people
MetalMover said:
With regards to the AA mechanics seeking AMFA, the TWU and OVERSPEED will once again try to instill fear that more jobs will be lost if they choose AMFA.
With regards to the US mechanics seeking AMFA, the IAM and 700UW will try to instill fear that their IAM pension will be lost if they choose AMFA.
Exactly correct sir...

700UW said:
WE all already know that DA.  Get a clue.  You always think that everyone other than yourself doesn't understand.   You have ALWAYS stated that they will in fact lose their pensions. And I have always, as well as others, have always corrected you that they will not lose their pensions.  Yes the contributions will stop at a certain point, but they will not lose their pensions---PERIOD...

CMH_GSE said:
And to that point, there is NO DOC for the US ground support mechanics, that is, the ones that started out in aircraft and at some point moved into ground support.
That needs to happen.
Not sure about the ground support group.  I just wanted to point out that 700 was posting misinformation, again, about how things will take place during the seniority integration.  I also wanted to show an example of how it would happen.  Just another example of his misinformation about the alliance in the past, and there are people out here to darn lazy to do their own homework and get the information for themselves.  And people will, to this day, simply be lazy and accept whatever some people say and what the IAM/TWU say is law when it is not.  The simple truth is the TWU and IAM are scared to death of losing the membership as a whole and will spread misinformation, lies and fear tactics to keep the membership.  When unions do what the TWU, IAM, and ibt have done to save their own skins just speaks volumes of how far they will go to keep the dues monies flowing into and thru-out the industrial union camps.  It is so sad to sit outside watching inward.   Hope you guys can rid yourselves of the TWU and IAM as well as this alliance BS association.  You will be amazed at the how much more informed as well as control of your union and careers if you guys are successful puling AMFA in.  Mechanics representing mechanics is a very good thing.  Pilots do it, F/A's do it, and their are good reasons for it...

Mechanics represent mechanics at US.

And you do know the AFA is part of the CWA, dont you?