Seniority Tax

Tim Nelson

Veteran
Jan 5, 2003
Bartlett
www.usaviation.com
I've followed the inequities trying to be imposed on the east side pilots through an unfair seniority system. I've also heard of the IAM wanting to give up "BIG AWARDS and BIG FAT PAYDAYS" so they can pick up 19 tiny stations in scope, with the paybacks of the senior people.

First the IAM hoses its senior members by forcing many of them on the street without protections, including being the only union to screw its members by agreeing to 'strip' them of seniority after 60 days on the street. Now, instead of being aggressive with the arbitration to protect what was already given up, the IAM has 'shelved' the arbitration until falltime, in favor of negotiating more accomadations.

It seems to me, whether it's the pilots or ramp, it's all about seniority. This shouldn't be surprising since everyone knows this industry is all about seniority.
And it is really fashioning up as what I see as a 'seniority tax'.

regards,

How many times do you have to be told, the offer you voted on that contained the 60 day language was a final offer from the company after Judge Mitchell abrogated your contract.

It was not a T/A nor a negotiated agreement.

But hey, you are not one to let the facts get in your way.

And how many times have you been told Canale and Armedio spent half of the informational meeting explaining how they had improved the final offer? The offer was not what US arbitrarily handed down, it was a final offer US and IAM negotiated.

You don't need to believe me: Canale himself said so at the time.

Tim,

I'm guessing the 30 East stations will remain under the bus, and the 19 stations you refer to are West.

Any word on the 60 day abomination? Will the original language be restored, and will it be retroactive?

Or, will the company utilize the current language to force furloughed agents (by recalling them under the current language) to accept the recent 65 point retirement plan (where you waive recall rights and accept separation) and THEN restore the language?

Given how the furloughed East pilots just got screwed, it's hard to see US bringing back senior ramp agents - there's just got to be a screwing in the offing!

Latest posts