OUT OF SENIORITY

In merger by aquisition you are correct. The rules favor the employees of the purchasing company.
But this is not the case at US Airways LCC neither of the companies we worked for exist anymore. The newly formed US Airways LCC has every right and obligation to ensure a fair and equitable seniority integration as we all start out as day one employees.

I thought union busting was illegal.

At the same time my guy was put out to pasture ...(at the time he was on the 737) junior pilots who where on the dash stayed on line.

Do you mean the Dash-8?

But don't worry, I am sure you will find plenty of supporters from the wives of MidAtlantic pilots.

Do you mean the Dash-8?

But don't worry, I am sure you will find plenty of supporters from the wives of MidAtlantic pilots.

If you ask me I think they should go straight DOH - if you arent senior enough then you will be furloughed... That is the way the AFA did it - straight DOH...

Zflygirl,

Are you sure you are Irish? You sound more like a Yenta to my ears.

In merger by aquisition you are correct. The rules favor the employees of the purchasing company.
But this is not the case at US Airways LCC neither of the companies we worked for exist anymore. The newly formed US Airways LCC has every right and obligation to ensure a fair and equitable seniority integration as we all start out as day one employees.

Please expand on why you believe everyone is starting out as a "day one employee".

700UW is one hundred percent correct in his post. The seniority list integrations will be handled by the unions and the company will live with whatever the outcome.

And to Zflygirl: This is the airline industry and the reality is it's not going to be fair. Ever.

Zflygirl,

Are you sure you are Irish? You sound more like a Yenta to my ears.
Please expand on why you believe everyone is starting out as a "day one employee".

700UW is one hundred percent correct in his post. The seniority list integrations will be handled by the unions and the company will live with whatever the outcome.

And to Zflygirl: This is the airline industry and the reality is it's not going to be fair. Ever.

I know we have all been in the Aviation industry for a long time. We have seen our share mergers NMB decisions and interpretations of the Antiquated RLA.

This Merger is unique and not subject to any prior decisions or ruling by the NMB.

All RLA contracts have some form of Status Of Agreement Article. All refer to one of the two companies as the Surviving Carrier and the other Aquired when 2 companies merge. Most reference that the company will conduct seniority integration per Allegheny Mohawk LPP Section 3 and 13 if the groups are represented by different unions and per internal policies of the union if both groups are represented by the same union.

There is no Surviving Carrier America West and USAirways were purchaced by a Consortium of financial investors and a new company was formed US Airways LCC.

The NMB the Company and even the union lawers know that in all actuality none of the existing labour agreements are valid. Neither of the companies that entered into these agreements exist, and this is not addressed in any previous NMB decision or any part of the Antiquated RLA or any union bylaws covering seniority integration.

Doug Parker knows this and on several occasions agreed to open select contract articles of all union agreements to form a transition agreement without opening any contract to full negotiation on all articles.

We are all day one employees at US Airways LCC.

You are out of your mind, all labor contracts are valid, they all contain succesorship language.

All seniority is handled by the unions, not the company or NMB and the RLA has nothing to do with it.

And transition negotiations always take place after a merger.

TIA doesn't have a clue. I don't even know where you came up with that stuff your spouting, but it's absolutely wrong. I know it and I'm not even in the industry any longer. Eveything, including he definition of seniority, is agreed to in labor contracts. It even varies from labor group to labor group. In essence, it is between the company and the union, since it is agreed to by the company, but in the interest of harmony they never get involved in it, at least never that I've seen. The company can limit the benefits associated with seniority (unless it's specifically dictated in the contract) like what LCC did when they revised the boarding status of certain employees and retirees, but even that wasn't absolute since it was dictated that certain employees were to be given different priority in their contract. Just one of the many jillions of reasons the unions try to cover all bases and possibilities in their contracts. All the contracts that I've looked at have entire sections covering any sort of "change of control" of the company, not just merger, and it is these sections which are resulting in entirely new contracts being negotiated even as we speak. Most, I would think, will end up before an arbitrator, but this too is agreed to in the contracts. Only one thing I am sure of, TIA ain't got a clue!

good luck zflygirl..........hopefully someone will listem to you. Contacting the media is not a bad idea if you can find someone who isn't sucking up to the unions or the company. Just be glad you and your husband are not retired or else you would have no clout.

I am wondering, what are the rules and regs to belong to this board if you are a former employee of HP?