Detailed Catering Cuts

737823 said:
Looks like AA is using the USAIR china and tray set-up which looks awfully tacky compared to the sophisticated, simple but elegant AA style. Going to be flying later this week and will report back but one of my online pre-orders indicates that AA has moved towards including meat in both hot breakfast items which is unfortunate.
Josh
AA will be getting all new china soon and will enhance its entire international product. Hope you can sleep better now!

Reactions: 1 person
good luck with him sleeping better  no matter what enhancements the NEW AA does  that banker will refer to  it as USAIR which has been changed for yrs..  and he aint happy til AA is gone    I think the changes for the food and china is a positive step in the right direction

Reactions: 2 people
robbedagain said:
good luck with him sleeping better  no matter what enhancements the NEW AA does  that banker will refer to  it as USAIR which has been changed for yrs..  and he aint happy til AA is gone    I think the changes for the food and china is a positive step in the right direction
Robbed just to be clear there have been no enhancements, only cuts.

Josh

Robbed may be talking about all the enhancements on the pre-merger US side, where US never bothered to serve meals but now does.    

I thought that pre-merger AA acquired all new china and service ware a couple years ago?    What did they do with all that stuff?   

Reactions: 1 person
Yes the AA side has been downgraded a lot. It is really startng to get embarrassing. Hector can tell us how much better it is till the moon comes home. Plain and simple, the AA service has done nothing except go down hill since the "enhancements" started. The new second service on international is a joke. They upgraded US first service international and then proceeded to downgrade AA second service to pay for it. Sorry to tell you guys at US, but this new service is tacky and shameful. I agree with Mark and when making 1.9 billion through 6 months, the service should be getting better or at least staying the same instead of taking jumps backwards. After reading the new domestic service windows and lack of food, all I could do was a huge face palm. These new fools don't get it either. I hoped it would take them a little longer to screw it up. I was wrong and they decided to do it at warp speed. One of the problems AA has is that they still employ some of the worst people in the food and beverage department. The "biggest" problem is D. Peters. The continued atrocious food for sale program needs to be started over from scratch as well.

FFS is a joke! I see we're back to the whitebread "cobb salad" mushy sandwiches again. I feel horrible allowing people to eat them, let alone be charged money for them.

What is happening to the second intl service? I figured it couldn't get much lower than a buttered croissant for "breakfast" in coach.

I feel bad for the front line employees;   flight attendants will probably hear a lot of complaints in the days ahead when passengers are handed a gas station-style plastic wrapped crap sandwich.   Over on Flyertalk, looks like some AA management types have taken to defending their crappy decisions:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-consolidated/1607585-late-2014-aa-us-combined-domestic-meals-menu-pictures-etc-consolidated-2.html

And MAH4546's response to two new (one-post wonders):

How much did DUI Dougie pay you each to post here?
Seriously though, you really expect us to believe you aren't a pair of (or the same) US employees defending your sorry company's decisions with one post each to your name?

as hard as it for some of you to accept, AA was spending more on domestic first class than was necessary. Revenue should show value in the increased spend and that was not the case.

As the industry consolidated, it was a given that there would be certain perks that would be lost; there will be more.

count on it.

AdAstraPerAspera said:
FFS is a joke! I see we're back to the whitebread "cobb salad" mushy sandwiches again. I feel horrible allowing people to eat them, let alone be charged money for them.

What is happening to the second intl service? I figured it couldn't get much lower than a buttered croissant for "breakfast" in coach.
I haven't paid attention to the coach cabin second service, but yes it already is pretty bare bones with yogurt, oj and a croissant. I was commenting on the tacky premium cabin second service. We , F/A's, collectively taken the approach to add all the additional components still left to the service to the tray. Other wise, there is barely anything to give the customer. At least with everything at once, I.e. Cookie and fruit, it looks like a real meal. I'm sure the cookies and fruit cups are going next month as well. Who knows for sure as they haven't told us yet. If we're lucky, they'll keep the cookies as the same new and improved "warm" onboard instead of the vastly better "bake" onboard cookies we've always done. 1.9 BILLION $$$'s and they are making our service into crap! Thanks US Airways. So much for raising the bar. Instead, let's lower it to terrible levels. Now, startng Sep 29th, we get to hock credit cards on domestic flights. Fun. Can't wait for that obnoxiousness. It is really tacky, as if the clowns doing it in the terminal weren't enough. I guess when you promote the greyhound logo on the side of the jet, we really should act like it!

737823 said:
Looks like AA is using the USAIR china and tray set-up which looks awfully tacky compared to the sophisticated, simple but elegant AA style. Going to be flying later this week and will report back but one of my online pre-orders indicates that AA has moved towards including meat in both hot breakfast items which is unfortunate.
Josh
I'm sure that whale of a bank has an employee assistance line to talk with someone on how terrifying it must of been eating off a US piece of china

Reactions: 5 people
WorldTraveler said:
as hard as it for some of you to accept, AA was spending more on domestic first class than was necessary. Revenue should show value in the increased spend and that was not the case.As the industry consolidated, it was a given that there would be certain perks that would be lost; there will be more.count on it.
Nobody cares.

Reactions: 7 people
well someone does... at Centerpork.

that is why these changes are taking place.

I can assure you I had nothing to do with them.

IORFA said:
Thanks US Airways. So much for raising the bar. Instead, let's lower it to terrible levels. Now, startng Sep 29th, we get to hock credit cards on domestic flights. Fun. Can't wait for that obnoxiousness. It is really tacky, as if the clowns doing it in the terminal weren't enough. I guess when you promote the greyhound logo on the side of the jet, we really should act like it!

Wasn't it your union that crammed this merger down Horton & Co.'s throats?

Reactions: 4 people

Latest posts