Shared Sacrifice

Decision 2004

Veteran
Mar 12, 2004
The TWU and AA are teaming up to invite all Tulsa Crew Chiefs to a meeting at the Convention Center on Monday.

They are going to "inform us of changes to the Tulsa Maintenance Base Operations"

They cannot just telll us at work, they have to spend mega bucks to rent the convention center and "together" the union and company will fill us full of company and company union material. Yeah we are losing so much money, we will pay you 8 hours to attend a meeting off base at a rented facility, to make a lasting impression on the brain.

Get ready boys, the TWU has been busy again, and the facts are about to be exposed.

Word has it that now that Jim Little and the TWU have succeeded in demanding "Shared Sacrifice" which will happen in the form of a reduction in management headcount soon. Now the Crew Chief will take on Supervisor roles without pay increases.

Way to go Jim Little, more work for less pay is still the TWU motto. You go and demand they remove employees, and then volunteer your union members to take up the slack while under Industry Leading Concssions.

Like I said earlier, in Tulsa, it is now more popular to be a company sucka$$ than to be a proud union man.

Sounds to me like you are jealous Dave. Why didn't they invite you????? Oh yeah, that's right because you are a NOBODY!!!!

Give it up Dave. You are making an a** out of yourself with all your righteous rhetoric. You're just mad because something is actually being done and you can't take credit for it!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

The cuts they speak of might save them 5 million a year in pay in benefits.
IMO, They started cutting at the wrong end....

How many vice presidents does AA have? The "share holders" might want to look into that. You know, compare the number they have now, to lets say, what they had during the Crandall years.

Strake said:
The cuts they speak of might save them 5 million a year in pay in benefits.
IMO, They started cutting at the wrong end....

How many vice presidents does AA have? The "share holders" might want to look into that. You know, compare the number they have now, to lets say, what they had during the Crandall years.
[post="203646"][/post]​

I believe the number was 54 VPs prior to the concessions of 2003 and now they total 72?

Buck said:
I believe the number was 54 VPs prior to the concessions of 2003 and now they total 72?
[post="203674"][/post]​
yes we must hire and retain all the senior management we can buck, or we could lose that vast amount of talent to other competing carriers :lol: I mean my God man look what happened with Greg Hall, he left and went to UAL and look at how they are beating our pants off :blink:

May 21, 2003

Mr. Robert Reding

Dear Bob:

Congratulations on being promoted to your new position as Senior Vice President
Technical Operations. I and the other members of the senior management team look
forward to working with you as we return American to a more sound financial
footing.

In light of your new responsibilities and your assignment to American Airlines,
I want to confirm the agreement that we made with you when you were recruited to
join American Eagle in 2000. Thus, we will continue to grant you two years of
credited service for each year of actual service, up to a maximum of ten
additional years of credited service.

Thanks again for your contributions.

Very truly yours,

Sue M. Oliver
Senior Vice President Human Resources

More Shared Sacrifice

Also notice the date, almost 2 years ago during Carty-gate. This just came out today. 2 for 1 seniority, only at AA.

Mach85ER said:
Is there a Diversity VP or is that a urban legend?
[post="251246"][/post]​

Part truth, part legend. There's a VP who has diversity programs as part of their responsibility. A few years back, I believe there was a title VP-Diversity. Now it is one of several areas which fall under Debra Hunter-Johnson.

Currently, there are 42 officer positions at AA, plus three at Eagle and one at AMR Investments. There used to be 54, so executive management has been reduced by at least 15%. From AA.Com:

Chairman, President, and Chief Executive Officer
EVP – Marketing
SVP - Finance and Chief Financial Officer
SVP – Human Resources
SVP – Miami, Caribbean and Latin America
SVP – Info. Technology and Chief Information Officer
SVP – Planning
SVP – Legal and General Counsel
SVP –Technical Operations
SVP – Customer Services
SVP – Government Affairs
VP – DFW Hub
VP – Capacity Planning
President – American Airlines Cargo Division
VP – Employee Relations
VP – Base Maintenance Alliance and Kansas City
VP – Corporate Affairs
VP – Operations Planning and Performance
VP – Flight Service
VP – Sales
VP – Customer Service
VP – Chicago Hub
VP – Customer Services Planning
VP – Corporate Real Estate
VP – Corporate Communications and Advertising
VP – Realtime and Analytical Systems
VP – Interactive Marketing and Reservations
VP – Corporate Development and Treasurer
VP – Maintenance & Engineering Finance and Planning
VP – Miami Hub
VP – Finance
VP – Flight
VP – Human Resources Operations Support
VP – Europe & Pacific
VP – Purchasing
VP – Line Maintenance
VP – Revenue Management
VP – Engineering/Quality Assurance
VP – Tulsa Base Maintenance
VP – Safety, Security and Environmental
VP – HR Business and Operations Systems
VP – HR Strategy & Support
President - AMR Eagle
COO - AMR Eagle
SVP - AMR Eagle Customer Service
President - AMR Investments

Compared to a couple other airlines, including WN, we're a little lighter on VP's than most of our peers.

It's easy to say that we should be eliminating more VP's because of all the layoffs. Problem is that while some positions are directly related to how many employees are in a particular area, other positions will always be required simply because of the function (i.e. we'll always need a VP of Sales or a VP of Safety/Security even if we were half the size we are today).

Latest posts