When is fair really fair?

Should TWU ATD Inter. Officers Take Voluntary Pay Cuts?

• Yes, they should take a pay cut in relation to one that AMTs took.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, they should not take a pay cut.

• Why should they? They were appointed NOT elected by the membership so they are different.

• You're out of order Brother!

• Total voters

Ken MacTiernan

Veteran
Aug 12, 2003
San Diego CA
With the concessions that were voted for us by the TWU ATD International AMTs will loose roughly $120,000.00 over the five years of the concessionary agreement. The cost of living in areas outside of Tulsa is astronomical with NO COLA for those trying to make ends meet.

With the Shared Sacrifice motto that was chanted by the TWU faithful doesn't it make sense that those who are appointed to the Int. take the same pay cuts as their members?

With the concessions that were voted for us by the TWU ATD International AMTs will loose roughly $120,000.00 over the five years of the concessionary agreement. The cost of living in areas outside of Tulsa is astronomical with NO COLA for those trying to make ends meet.

With the Shared Sacrifice motto that was chanted by the TWU faithful doesn't it make sense that those who are appointed to the Int. take the same pay cuts as their members?

As the Head Pig said in Animal Farm, "Yes, we are all equal, but some of us are more equal than others."

Those BUMS should make no more than the people they represent.

Maybe if they were making what the rank and file are making they would bargain a little harder for a little more money and little less out of pocket exspence.

They are a prime example of "I got mine"

:down: :down: :down:

BTW Ken

Your outa line brother

What part of "share the sacrifice" do you guys not understand? You sacrifice your share to the International and that's what real unionism is about! That's right, isn't it Bill?!

I just got through watching a Charles E. Taylor bust presentation on the ATD web site and then came to this site and seen this thread.....

I must say. I'm at a loss for words :blink: :blink:

I just got through watching a Charles E. Taylor bust presentation on the ATD web site and then came to this site and seen this thread.....

Not really sure of your point. The ATD donates "our" money and is one of many that gave and is recognized for its actions.

The salaries of those who gave "our" money to the event are what's in question here, not their dedication to the promotion of Charles Taylor. The two have absolutely nothing to do with each other. Are you saying if they are forced to take a paycut, they will no longer donate "our" money to promote our craft?

Why are you at a loss for words? I posted a simple poll with basic answers. What's so difficult about that?

Oh, I think I see your problem. You must think that because the TWU ATD made a donation of the membership's money that such a poll as this should not have been made by me.

Let me set YOU straight alias using person. The AMTA donated a bronze bust of Charles E. Taylor to the Steven F. Udvar - Hazy Center. In order to raise the necessary funds the AMTA accepted donations/memberships in which this money would be placed towards the purchase of the bust as well as for the cost of the catered event.

Now, EVERYONE that made donations was listed on WWW.AMTAUSA.COM for EVERYONE to see. This was done to communicate to the AMTA membership who is supporting the AMTA efforts to promote our craft.

If you watched the video like you said you did you will notice who was IN the video. I invited TWU ATD officials, just like I invited AMFA Int. officials, FAA officials, airline officials, AMFA & TWU members were present also. WHY was this your simple mind screams? It is very simple... because the AMTA is NOT a union, is NOT offiliated or part of any union or company. Read the home page on our site and TRY to comprehend what is written. The AMTA is a non-profit organization created to promote the proud craft & profession of the AMT to the public.

I see wisps of smoke still steaming from your ears. Listen closely now... I, Ken MacTiernan as an AA AMT posted this thread/poll. NOT as the Director of the AMTA. The TWU knows how I feel about the concessions, they know how I feel about the lack of democracy in the Int. level with people being appointed and NOT elected by the membership. There is no misunderstanding there. But unlike you, I am able to speak with people with different opinions and ideas than mine. If the TWU ATD wishes to make donations to the AMTA thatis fine. The AMTA will use that money to achieve our STATED goals of promoting a proud craft & profession. The TWU has made previous donations for previous busts. I thank them for it. Just like I thank EVERYONE else who makes donations and memberships.

The concessions AA AMTs took and the lack of mirror concessions that TWU ATD Int. officials took have nothing to do with the video/event you watched.

Now, are you still confused/at a loss for words?

He's still confused Ken. When one has blind loyalty to an organization he relies on to tell him how to think, vote, and speak. He can't understand how anyone cannot be like him. Trying to unbrainwash them is about like herding cats. :blink: :huh: :ph34r:

You mean the TWU made a donation to the Taylor Bust and Ken MacTiernan was not bought off?

How dare you Ken!

When the TWU pays, you are suppose to pierce a ring through your nose and let the Dictators do you your thinking for you.

Come on Ken, you'll never be a good TWU stooge unless you pierce your nose for cash.

I always knew the TWU had below the radar motives when pretending to support the AMT.

Shucks High Speed, if the TWU could just get my money back, I would consider a pierced nose, and reduce my personal thinking to the lower 40 IQ level, but for a donation to the Taylor Bust, nah, I'll keep my own opinions.

I see the platform has changed....

skill, knowledge, and a stitch in the lip..... ;)

What the hell is that supposed to mean, Dumbass? HSS,just because you don't have any pride in your profession, don't try to drag down those that do. You come on this billboard and slam Ken for trying to do something about the plight of AMT's in this country? When was the last time you lifted a finger to do something other than to help yourself? HSS,I'll bet you've already signed your Teamsters card haven't you? You TWU pukes are signing them in droves, because even dummies like you,HSS, are now realizing the AMFA "nuts" were right!

Listen closely now... I, Ken MacTiernan as an AA AMT posted this thread/poll. NOT as the Director of the AMTA.

Ah, the double standard comes out again, Ken...

On many occasions, you and others in your corner have (and some still do) refused to disassociate my personal opinions from my former position at AMR.

Since you've led by example, perhaps you shouldn't be so upset when someone else associates your personal opinions and your position as head of AMTA.

Ah, the double standard comes out again, Ken...

On many occasions, you and others in your corner have (and some still do) refused to disassociate my personal opinions from my former position at AMR.

Since you've led by example, perhaps you shouldn't be so upset when someone else associates your personal opinions and your position as head of AMTA.

Double standard? Please explain. Why should I be upset? Because someone who makes an accusation from behind an alias is too ignorant to realize reality over fantasy? A double standard implies that a person has two guidelines he chooses from and chooses the more convenient choice when it suits him. This is not the case here.

I started a topic asking a simple question about what is fair. If there are ANY double standards it would be on the part of the TWU International. There was to be a SHARED SACRIFICE. Right? If this is not a double standard then I call upon ALL TWU Int. ATD Officers to take a voluntary pay cut equal to the one I took. (Uhm, I mean a pay cut that was accepted FOR me even though I voted no.)

Where do you stand on this topic fm? Should these officers take a voluntary pay cut equal to mine? No spin here. A simple yes or no will suffice.

Ken, you must "remember your place in society", as the infamous NWA Airlines (Scab Air) management saying goes. :angry:

Therefore, AA managements' favorite twu company union man Jimmy Dolittle has declared; Your out of order BROTHER!!!

You will now be drawn and quartered or burned at the stake for your insolence. You shall not speak out against the twu company union....ever. Concessions are only for the unwashed masses. :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Back