sherri shamblim to host a town hall meeting

Grateful? Sherri's only job is to make sure we have the tools to do your job! She should be grateful that we have spent the last 2 years doing what we could to hold this mess together. If we didn't scrape ice together, beg, borrow and steal supplies from other aircraft, 75% of our passengers would go thirsty! I mean we have been serving drinks on airplanes for about 70 years...until 2 years ago without any problems! Who is at fault? Not us! Her! The whole it's in your contract thing is valid for some issues, however most of the things that go wrong on a daily nay flight by flight basis lay squarely at her door step. She should be grateful that we care enough to show up for yet another Dog and pony show. For 2 years now In-flight, under her guidance, has been getting ready to get ready...and it's still not ready!
your right , gratefull is a strong word to use . but i was just trying to be a little dipolmatic . i hear you and there are many ,many issues that need to be fixed. but it's up to the f/a's at that meeting to not make it a dog and pony show. ask the right questions . be candid. get mad goddammit !!! if they do not do that then she wil breeze through this meeting thinking that everything is fine when it clearly is not. we are all mad on these boards but yet when we have these meetings we all ask the same questions. i really wish i could attend but i have been sitting here in phl for the past 5 days. i am ready to go home to my wife kids for 2 days. she knows how i feel about things. i will be seeing her in clt on the 26th anyway on a focus group meeting . should we be gratefull ? your right ,no. we should be mad.

Good, guess someone got thier information wrong. Glad she is able to show Tuesday. She will need 3-4 hours if she really wants to get into the nitty gritty.

Maybe Sherri can pull a Jane Allen from UAL if things get to heated! :lol: :lol:

Sent: Tuesday, November 16, 2004 5:58 PM
Subject: UAL VP Onboard Service Jane Allen's Town Meeting in ORDSW

The town hall meeting was held today at ORDSW and Jane Allen fielded questions from F/As regarding the company's latest proposal for changes to our contract.

She concluded the meeting (which began at 9:30 AM) by saying, " Guys, I have to stop here - I have been on my feet since 9:30 this morning!" It was 12:40 PM. To say the place went up for grabs is an understatement. The flight attendants laughed and shouted out in disbelief - The most incredulous in attendance were crews who had just landed from Asia....it was an unbelievable moment.
One pilot said, "That line will be around the system by tomorrow morning."

A case needs to be made to convince upper management to make the necessary investment in software to revamp our scheduling/reserve/staffing issues.

Any mention of preferential bidding already in the last contract is moot without the PROPER software to run it the way a major airline would run it. Running preferential bidding on outdated software is asking for problems that will take years to resolve.

Are you aware that ETB is worked by hand? Kudos to the poor few people that bear the brunt of it. Our programs do not jive with one another.

I know as a reserve that I'd rather know any known flying on my schedule than none. I'm sure the schedulers/planners would love to place these trips into lines (blocks) instead of scrambling over holidays etc.

Upper management needs to understand the cost benefit in buying the right program in the first place.
I'll remain optimistic that joint negotiations can produce some kind of overhaul in our current system BUT watching them dismantle our reservation system by implementing a horribly outdated overlay for SHARES does not encourage me much.

When you compare USAirways.com to other airline websites, it compares unfavorably.
A recent example announces a "new" manifest for flight attendants but as expected, the roll out was not successful.
The only protection we have for a revamped scheduling system is to negotiate for state of the art software.

ok, i know i am gonna get nailed for this but we should be kinda gratefull that she is doing this. when have we ever had a vp of inflight hold a town hall to listend to f/a concerns. sherrie groff never did this . so take advantage of the opportunity. tell her what you feel, be candid as well. reserves please please please push the creserve system to her. lodos , let het know that we need a second lodo onboard the a330,block holders express you candid concerns to her as well.do not hold back. she is doing this for a reason and it's to here you guys out. take advantage of it .

Sherri Groff didn't need too.

Things were not the way they are now. We went to work and knew what was expected of us and WE expected to have the things there to do our jobs.
NOW........... This airline is a FRIGGIN MESS!!!!

So, ETOPS...... With all due repect spare me with the "We should be grateful" mantra. SHE OWES US THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SHE NEEDS TO BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE LIKE WE ARE!!!!!!!
:down:

One hour, basically unannounced, in a crew room that is completely empty at that time. Why not in the main crew room? Where is it going to take place? Is she just just going to lounge on the sofa and have a casual pow-wow? We'll get in maybe three questions to listen her defend the general sh**iness of the place. I don't even know if I have the energy anymore.

One hour, basically unannounced, in a crew room that is completely empty at that time. Why not in the main crew room? Where is it going to take place? Is she just just going to lounge on the sofa and have a casual pow-wow? We'll get in maybe three questions to listen her defend the general sh**iness of the place. I don't even know if I have the energy anymore.
I don't have the energy either!! As I said in the other thread I'd rather take my chances being fragmented then have these fools continue to embarrass everyone like this. Not one damn thing they have done has even come close to being correct. Please with that meeting, all it is going to be is the same hornswoggle and lip service with the big teeth smiling all over the place. FAKE!!!!!!

I hear you stew. I just don't feel like I have anything to lose anymore. We have the quality of life and compensation of a new hire at any other carrier. Our decade of seniority is useless without a merger (and I'm not talking about America West). Put this #### to sleep, I'd rather take my chances too.

So, ETOPS...... With all due repect spare me with the "We should be grateful" mantra. SHE OWES US THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SHE NEEDS TO BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE LIKE WE ARE!!!!!!!

twice,
you are the last person i need any crap from on these boards . if you read my post after i wrote this you would see that i said that using thw word gratefull was a bit to much. so read before firing off or the next time i see you i am gonna have to kick your behind ok ;)

twice,
you are the last person i need any crap from on these boards . if you read my post after i wrote this you would see that i said that using thw word gratefull was a bit to much. so read before firing off or the next time i see you i am gonna have to kick your behind ok ;)

Listen mister......you aren't going to kick sh!t!!! lol

And if I want to give you crap, I will give it to you here or in person.........AND you know that!!! :up:

Just received this CBS message:

Subject: Town Hall Meeting

On Friday I sent out a CBS announcing a town hall meeting with Sherri
Shamblin. Unfortunately the town hall meeting with Sherri today in the
A west crew room has been canceled due to a scheduling overlap which I
misread.

I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that I may have caused you
and hope we can reschedule the meeting for a future day.
As always thank you for all you do for us.

I think you all scared the poor lady! :lol:

Bother way, I thought the meeting was for tomorrow which is Tuesday, not today. IDK why A said today's meeting was cancelled.

Back