Sick Out - Sunday, January 2, 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

AA191

Advanced
Sep 17, 2002
With Sunday, January 2, 2005 being the last "peak" busy day of the holiday season, will those "smart" union members at USAirways sick out again on that date? Tick tock - when they (the union members) take the airline down their starting pay with a new carrier will probably be less than what it is now. But that is ok - I just hope you do not call in sick on Sunday.

I havent heard anyone mention anything about being sick on Sun, but wouldnt it be prudent if managment thinks this might occur again to get some people lined up in advance to work some ot? So far no mention of any extra time scheduled in advance for coverage just in case. Guess we'll hear the begging on Sunday and the crying on Monday if it happens again.
Management qualifications- No foresight or thought planning required. :down:

if there is any credible intel on a sick out...for this weekend...

management must mobilize now...

it is required of them....crisis management...

no excuses

everyone from lakefield crellin etc etc etc ..on the property this weekend

thats why they are paid the big bucks

all of them on the property....no excuses

in fact , even if there is a wisper of a sick out,

our psgrs require managements presence,feet on the ground in phl dca lga etc etc.

Everyone is blaming management. What ever happened to personal responsibility, integrity. and a semblance of work ethic.
I certainly can't blame management for expecting the employees to do their jobs. How can any management cover every possible contingency that could potentially disrupt the operation. They can't. I only hope we can recover from this terrible act of irresponsibility.

EXACTLY Captain! This is down right abuse and WHY unions have the name they have today!

tadjr said:
I havent heard anyone mention anything about being sick on Sun, but wouldnt it be prudent if managment thinks this might occur again to get some people lined up in advance to work some ot? So far no mention of any extra time scheduled in advance for coverage just in case. Guess we'll hear the begging on Sunday and the crying on Monday if it happens again.
Management qualifications- No foresight or thought planning required. :down:
[post="232607"][/post]​

Why is it that the employees at US Airways love to blame everyone but themselfs? The facts are very clear. IF THE EMPLOYEES AT US AIRWAYS DID (DO) THERE JOB'S NONE OF THIS WOULD HAVE HAPPENED. Plane and simple facts. You guys love to bash Mgmt for incompetience, maybe you need to first look in the mirror. -Cape

CynicalResAgent said:
This is not the unions work ethic or we'd have the problem system wide, it's some peoples ethics in PHL that need to improve.
[post="232667"][/post]​

CRA,

I agree completely. The sad thing is that the actions of so few people could possibly sink this ship. The overwhelming majority of the people who work for US are beyond doubt the best the industry has to offer. A handful, however, are able to negate the good done by those 99.9% in one stupid move.

There is no point assigning blame or pointing fingers at this point. There is plenty of that to go around--on both sides. The pressing issue at hand is what do we do now? How do we turn things around...or is it too late????

I would like to believe that with a proper response from the company this can be turned around........

I have no sympathy for those who caused this problem--on either side of the aisle...let the chips fall where they may. To the rest of you who showed up and did your jobs at 150% or more, I say thank you and please keep it up.

I wish everyone a happy healthy prosperous and secure new year.

My best to you all.....

CaptBud330 said:
Everyone is blaming management. What ever happened to personal responsibility, integrity. and a semblance of work ethic.
I certainly can't blame management for expecting the employees to do their jobs. How can any management cover every possible contingency that could potentially disrupt the operation. They can't. I only hope we can recover from this terrible act of irresponsibility.
[post="232652"][/post]​
BINGO :up: :up: -Cape

usfliboi said:
EXACTLY Captain! This is down right abuse and WHY unions have the name they have today!
[post="232655"][/post]​

Then explain why fully unionized Southwest does not have these problems.

Capecod said:
Why is it that the employees at US Airways love to blame everyone but themselfs? The facts are very clear. IF THE EMPLOYEES AT US AIRWAYS DID (DO) THERE JOB'S NONE OF THIS WOULD HAVE HAPPENED. Plane and simple facts. You guys love to bash Mgmt for incompetience, maybe you need to first look in the mirror. -Cape
[post="232677"][/post]​

Being that PHL is a major hub for US, I would think there would be about 1500 to 2000 rampers there. If only 80 called in sick, their operation should not have been affected at all. Perhaps they were extremely short staffed to begin with.

On the other hand, a thread like this will be used against the employees by the media. Gives management an easy way to say "this appears organized", and go after the union for damages, like AA did to APA. Should be interesting....

Status
Not open for further replies.