The Final Nail In The Coffin Of Usairways?

oldiebutgoody said:
UAIR is definitely done!
[post="232523"][/post]​
The process of extinction with Brunner and gang and of course the company mouth piece in the lead....Yes I agree it sure doesn't look good. Does this mean my Retiree Travel Card is useless? :p

I probably have no right to comment since I've never worked for or even flown on USAirways, but I can't imagine how fewer than 300 flight attendants and 80 ramp workers could put a nail in anybody's coffin. It just doesn't seem like very many people to doom an airline. As has been reported here on many threads, 2,000 AA flight attendants were on the sick list over Christmas without any disruption to the operation. I don't get why less than 300 are getting blamed for the "final nail in the coffin".

Royal Ambassador said:
I probably have no right to comment since I've never worked for or even flown on USAirways, but I can't imagine how fewer than 300 flight attendants and 80 ramp workers could put a nail in anybody's coffin. It just doesn't seem like very many people to doom an airline. As has been reported here on many threads, 2,000 AA flight attendants were on the sick list over Christmas without any disruption to the operation. I don't get why less than 300 are getting blamed for the "final nail in the coffin".
[post="232541"][/post]​
Watch out! You will be burned at the stake for using common sense on here.

If this event is being heralded as the final nail then no one has been watching the play. The final act will start on Jan 6th in court....

I'd be surprised to find-out if any of the IAM folks believe there will be an acceptable company offer. When there's not, how many of these folks will be left on the property after the company has its way? Why should any of them (utility, ramp, etc..) care about our problems? Are you happy to stay working here as long as the doors are open? Or only as long as its not your neck on the chopping block? If this recent fiasco in PHL marks the final catalyst to U's demise, I will personally hold no malice to anyone who may have called-off sick over the holidays. Some of the posters on this sight have gone-off on rants and tirades on how these people should be fired. Aside from the increased workload that their absence caused their coworkers, does it really matter? If you think so, then you're not fooling me, you're only fooling yourself. Ask yourself how long can we keep going-on like this (Status Quo)? If your answer is farther than the end of Jan, then I believe you're delusional. IMO the folks running this show have no idea which direction they want this airline to take. Who is to say that if the holiday ops were to have gone-off without a hitch that something else like another Dr. Bronner liqudation speech would end-up doing the same damage

Flame away if you want. It won't change my mind. I've seen too much already….

35 Yrs and Counting said:
As a union member and employee for many years I wonder is this the nail in the coffin of USAirways?
[post="232460"][/post]​

Perhaps so...

"But the fat's now in the fire. There are thousands of people who had their children's Christmas ruined - no, turned into a uncomfortable nightmare - because some US Airways employees took the dishonest path of lying about being sick, and others intentionally fouled up their customers' holiday plans. None of these passengers will forget this, and they won't forget US Airways, either. Nor will they fly the airline again.

These employee clowns may have sealed the fate of US Airways. The airline cannot suffer any material reduction in future revenue. But that may be in the cards. "

http://www.aviationplanning.com/asrc1.htm

35 Yrs and Counting said:
I didn't say they did. I simply said that obviously people have callled in sick that were not. Analyze it statistically and prove that all these people were really sick. The numbers speak for themselves. My reference to sanctioning it is about someone trying to put the blame on management and thinking it is justified because it just happens over the holidays. You don't have to organize it or orchastrate it to sanction it.

And just to clarify for the other reply. Stealing the equivallent money from the company safe is criminal. They just don't prosecute over sick calls because you can't prove it but that does not change what it is. It is theft just the same.
[post="232504"][/post]​

Analyze it statistically to prove that these people were sick????

This might be the single most stupid post I have ever read on any chat room. Everyone that wasted their time reading it is intellectually poorer for the experience. I want back the 13 seconds of life I wasted reading your nonsensical drivel.