SJC-RDU Cancled.

I, for one, never expected to see this flight happen in the first place.

If Midway couldn't do it with 73Gs and their cost structure, no way AA could do it with larger a/c, and much higher costs. Keep routing them through DFW, filling planes, and keeping the ASMs down!

Notice that RDU-SJU has not yet been cancelled. This one, I believe, we will see through to fruition.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/19/2002 4:16:05 PM WingNaPrayer wrote:

Or perhaps they found out you refer to your customers as nerd birds and decided to take their business somewhere else?
----------------
[/blockquote]

No, the customer is the nerd (or geek). The winged conveyance transporting them from one cubicle to another across the country is the nerd bird. The nerd itself is not possessed of flight capability...

[BLOCKQUOTE]----------------[BR]On 11/19/2002 9:22:31 PM [STRONG]mga707[/STRONG] [EM]wrote[/EM]:[BR][BR]No, the customer is the nerd (or geek) [BR][BR]----------------[BR].....and that pretty much sums it up. Thanks for playing though. [SPAN style=FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman'; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA][?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml /][v:shape id=_x0000_i1025 style=WIDTH: 37.5pt; HEIGHT: 18.75pt type=#_x0000_t75][v:imagedata o:title=argue1 src=file:///C:/windows/TEMP/msoclip1/01/clip_image001.gif][/v:imagedata][?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice /][o:lock v:ext=edit cropping=t][BR][v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 stroked=f filled=f path=m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe o:preferrelative=t o:spt=75 coordsize=21600,21600][v:stroke joinstyle=miter][/v:stroke][v:formulas][v:f eqn=if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0][/v:f][v:f eqn=sum @0 1 0][/v:f][v:f eqn=sum 0 0 @1][/v:f][v:f eqn=prod @2 1 2][/v:f][v:f eqn=prod @3 21600 pixelWidth][/v:f][v:f eqn=prod @3 21600 pixelHeight][/v:f][v:f eqn=sum @0 0 1][/v:f][v:f eqn=prod @6 1 2][/v:f][v:f eqn=prod @7 21600 pixelWidth][/v:f][v:f eqn=sum @8 21600 0][/v:f][v:f eqn=prod @7 21600 pixelHeight][/v:f][v:f eqn=sum @10 21600 0][/v:f][/v:formulas][v:path o:connecttype=rect gradientshapeok=t o:extrusionok=f][/v:path][o:lock aspectratio=t v:ext=edit][/o:lock][/v:shapetype][v:shape id=_x0000_i1025 style=WIDTH: 37.5pt; HEIGHT: 18.75pt type=#_x0000_t75][v:imagedata o:title=argue1 src=file:///C:/windows/TEMP/msoclip1/01/clip_image001.gif][/v:imagedata][o:lock v:ext=edit cropping=t][/o:lock][/v:shape][/o:lock][/v:shape][/BLOCKQUOTE][/SPAN]

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/19/2002 6:44:22 PM FlyAA777 wrote:

I, for one, never expected to see this flight happen in the first place.

If Midway couldn't do it with 73Gs and their cost structure, no way AA could do it with larger a/c, and much higher costs. Keep routing them through DFW, filling planes, and keeping the ASMs down!

Notice that RDU-SJU has not yet been cancelled. This one, I believe, we will see through to fruition.

----------------
[/blockquote]

I am not surprised either. They talk about how they are relocating capacity to all these leisure routes, and then, among them are Raleigh-San Jose and Miami-Charlotte, two big business routes. MIA-CLT (which US is adding a 6th daily following AA's announcement) still makes perfect sense, because it also has leisure traffic and is meant to steal some Charlotte-Caribbean traffic from USAirways, but RDU-SJC is pure business. RDU-LAX, however, I think could work out for them.

Not surprised RDU-SJC is dropped. Rumor had it Cisco had guaranteed some seats. Perhaps not enough.

Why AA had planned to use a 757 instead of a 738, I never understood.

My experience with JI RDU-SJC is that load factors were high but only because JI kept fares low. JI's experience with RDU-LAX wasn't much different.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/23/2002 5:11:53 PM verhalen2003 wrote:
WN is supposedly going to start SJC-BWI direct in the spring, so I thought maybe SJC-RDU was a response of sorts to that.
[/blockquote]

I believe that WN's second transcon route starts sometime in January, rather than in the spring.

RDU-SJC did seem like kind of a weird route to begin with. I thought it might make for some interesting connection possibilities thru RDU... since from SJC we only have ORD and BOS red-eyes right now.

WN is supposedly going to start SJC-BWI direct in the spring, so I thought maybe SJC-RDU was a response of sorts to that.

However, as an SJC-based flyer and a (want to remain) loyal AA customer, what would make us SJC flyers happier is to see more of the intra-West Coast service restored, even on Eagle / RJ's. We already have sufficient mid-con and trans-con service; so please bring back some of that intra-West service that you had to cut. I'll fly AA to the West coast destinations any day, even on RJ's.