SJC-NRT cxld

SNIP

Also, a side note... Jim, it appears someone was listening to you. SJC-LAS is planned to go away in October as well, being replaced with LAX-LAS (timed to connect to NRT). So, the beyond connections for the NRT-LAX flight just grew a bit. Not exactly as powerful as what ORD-HKG would offer, though.
Does that mean LAX-LAS and LAS-LAX goes back to mainline MD-80's or 757's again or do they get more eagle flights?

Wonder what happens in SJC in terms of the ramp? They have alot of clerks working the flight cleaning that widebody plane and down planeside. Guess they go to SFO :eek: ?

Does that mean LAX-LAS and LAS-LAX goes back to mainline MD-80's or 757's again or do they get more eagle flights?

Wonder what happens in SJC in terms of the ramp? They have alot of clerks working the flight cleaning that widebody plane and down planeside. Guess they go to SFO :eek: ?

Yes, it's mainline LAS-LAX.

SJC was never a station protected city IIRC, so they only go to SFO if there are vacancies.

Yes, it's mainline LAS-LAX.

SJC was never a station protected city IIRC, so they only go to SFO if there are vacancies.

If any want to get into DFW they had better hurry before it get's closed for transfers. Salt Lake City is getting outsourced, and im sure they will all want to get to DFW as well.

SLC has been on the verge of being closed for a while now because of being under 7 departures.

Jfk to NRT was abandoned by Delta after 9/11. AA didn't take the slots from Bos to NRT. I don't see what the big problems are with slots at Narita, I know its a slot restriced airport but with San Jose terminating AA could use those slots or trade for better times. With the new runway at Narita a few years ago more slots were made available so the supply expanded.

Jfk to NRT was abandoned by Delta after 9/11. AA didn't take the slots from Bos to NRT. I don't see what the big problems are with slots at Narita, I know its a slot restriced airport but with San Jose terminating AA could use those slots or trade for better times. With the new runway at Narita a few years ago more slots were made available so the supply expanded.

Yeah, but the new runway (opened the day of or the day before the first AA JFK-NRT in April, 2002) is shorter and its opening didn't free up all that many long-haul takeoff slots (from the longer original runway).

Keep in mind that NRT runway slots are distinct from NRT route authorities. AA was granted route authority to fly HNL-NRT two years ago yet it claimed it was unable to procure desirable slots at NRT and never flew the route.

AA has a few months to get route authority to NRT from a different gateway city - I'm confident it will; it's already got the NRT slots this time.

SFO Pilot info email:

Tells that the plane will indeed go South America

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Tomorrow, American will announce the discontinuation of our SJC-NRT
flight, effective on October 28, 2006.

This is a sad day for the SFO domcile and the pilots, flight
attendants, agents, ramp personnel, and mechanics who

have manned this flight and performed so well for the last fifteen
years. Jason and I have spent the last two weeks

working with management personnel to extend this decision for one
year to no avail. This decision will affect the

lives of over 150 employees including 33 Captains and First Officers.

I certainly have a different version of the process and reasons for
the cancellation.......

I can answer some immediate concerns and questions:

-The 777 will be transfered to South American operations

-The NRT slot will return to a pool to be utilized by any airline.
The cities of SFO, LAX, ORD, and JFK have very tight

restrictions on flights to Japan and the slot cannot be transferred.

-Full displacement rights, including a paid move, will be availabe.

-Jason, Captain Tr and I are working with Capacity planning and
Crew Manning to retain 33 positions

in SFO.

Fly Safe,

Mark

If the 777 is moving to South America, it might be freeing up a 763 for HNL-NRT...

No, it is not. AA does not have the route authority to fly HNL-NRT. They forfeited it last month.

Yes, but it took only a few weeks for AA to be granted the HNL-NRT route authority two years ago; unless another airline has grabbed them, isn't it possible that by November 1, AA could reapply and reacquire the authority?

This time, it's got NRT slots all lined up. B)

In the 1998 route authority case, there were 90 frequencies awarded:

American Airlines:

7 weekly frequencies for Chicago-Tokyo
7 weekly frequencies for New York (JFK)-Tokyo
7 weekly frequencies for Boston-Tokyo
7 weekly frequencies for DallasFt. Worth-Osaka
1 weekly frequency for San Jose-Tokyo

Delta Air Lines:
7 weekly frequencies for Atlanta-Tokyo
7 weekly frequencies for Portland-Osaka
7 weekly frequencies for Portland-Fukuoka
1 weekly frequency for Los Angeles-Tokyo
6 weekly frequencies for Honolulu-Tokyo

Continental Airlines/Continental Micronesia:

7 weekly frequencies for Newark-Tokyo (Continental)
7 weekly frequencies for Houston-Tokyo (Continental)
5 weekly frequencies for Honolulu-Tokyo (Continental Micronesia)

Hawaiian Airlines:
7 weekly frequencies for Maui-Tokyo

Trans World Airlines:
7 weekly frequencies for St. Louis-Tokyo

There is no shortage of frequencies available to anyone looking to start up service --- at least 21 of DL's frequencies appear to be unused today, as are the 7 assigned to Hawaiian, 7 assigned to TWA, and 7 being freed up by AA.

In the 1998 route authority case, there were 90 slots awarded:

There is no shortage of frequencies available to anyone looking to start up service --- at least 21 of DL's frequencies appear to be unused today, as are the 7 assigned to Hawaiian, 7 assigned to TWA, and 7 being freed up by AA.

according to the flight department in sfo, there are currently no open slots available in the cities AA would be most likely to fly them from.

Could it change in the future, yes. Right now, no.

There are plenty of routes that we would all like to see happen but we are all going to have to face reality that it is not up to us to decide.

according to the flight department in sfo, there are currently no open slots available in the cities AA would be most likely to fly them from.

See my correction above -- there are slots and there are frequencies.

There might not be slots at NRT, but there certainly are plenty of frequencies available.

FWAAA,

Of course the slot and the route authority are TWO differents things, an airline must have the right before then can try to get the slot.

Latest posts