Rumor

I've heard that the route from LA-Tokyo is doing pretty well, and that AA would like to start a second daily flight if they had the slot. Maybe the 777 could go on the LA-Tokyo route.

MiAAmi said:
Rumor mill has it that we will be dropping SJC-NRT. Wonder where that 777 will be headed? Hopefully on a new route to China!
[post="167057"][/post]​

I have heard this rumour too, but it has spawned from the fact that AA is closing their San Francisco area 777 pilot base, and transfering the pilots to Los Angeles. So, in the future, LA crews will work the SJC-NRT flight. I don't think AA is going to end the service and that it is a rumour that won't come true. That being said, the industry is unpredictable these days, so it is possible.

On another pilot base note, the Bay area 737-800 pilot base is also closing, those pilots will be moving to Miami.

MAH4546, is correct regarding the SJC-NRT trip. It will be flown with an LAX pilot crew and a SFO based f/a crew. AA is trying to add an addtional LAX-NRT trip, because the flight goes out full, full, full everyday.

Don't be surprised if you see SJC-Taipai come back in the spring. SJC has had a lot of trouble competing with United's SFO flights to NRT, but the SJC community has been asking AA to bring back Taipai for a long time.

Oneflyer said:
Don't be surprised if you see SJC-Taipai come back in the spring. SJC has had a lot of trouble competing with United's SFO flights to NRT, but the SJC community has been asking AA to bring back Taipai for a long time.
[post="167404"][/post]​

That's good news and from the last purser conference, AA is looking at that and many other opportunities for new and old flying to ASIA. This is the point AA may start using some of the old TWA route authorities.