So who shut it down?

Looks like folks in Virginia may be placing the blame on the door step of the GOP. Ken Cuccinelli was trailing a few points behind Terry McAuliffe by a few points. Now, in some polls he is trailing by double digits. According to the storry, may are saying he is too close to the TP and that they are responsible for the shut down.

NPR

Vote like it's 1995. You would think someone in the GOP would read a history book every now and then.

Looks like folks in Virginia may be placing the blame on the door step of the GOP. Ken Cuccinelli was trailing a few points behind Terry McAuliffe by a few points. Now, in some polls he is trailing by double digits. According to the storry, may are saying he is too close to the TP and that they are responsible for the shut down.

NPR

Vote like it's 1995. You would think someone in the GOP would read a history book every now and then.

No hypocrisy here Tree?

Gov't funded NPR good....Fox bad.

Some rumbling around the Beltway that Obama will not negotiate in any way, shape or form....That he will take matters into his own hands in supposed violation of the Constitution?

Amy Stoddard -- the left wing writer for Roll Call :

There is a report out that says the President believe he's going to "reorder" the [balance of] power in Washington between the branches with this exercise.

Today a former US Treasury Official warned King World News that the President of the United States will declare a “National Catastrophe,” and seize total power, much like a Caesar would, if it is deemed necessary to avoid a disastrous US default and subsequent collapse. He also spoke about other drastic emergency measures which would also be implemented in order to avoid a US default. Below is what Dr. Paul Craig Roberts had to say.

Eric King: “Dr. Roberts, is there any chance of the US defaulting here?”

Dr. Roberts: “No. If the United States were to default, it would be the end of the US as a superpower. No one in Washington wants to lose that kind of power, so I fully expect that at the last minute a deal will be reached. Now, in the event that both sides play a game of ‘chicken’ to the very end, and we are down to the last hours, and fears of a default escalate dramatically, I think one of two things will happen....

“The first would be the Federal Reserve, on its own initiative, would simply lend the US Treasury whatever money it would need. You have to remember that the Federal Reserve lent to US and European banks more than $16 trillion in order to enable them to avoid default, or outright failure.

Remember, the banks were considered too-big-to-fail. So it was not just the TARP Bailout, which was a very small part, it was the lending by the Federal Reserve, which exceeded $16 trillion, that kept the system afloat. So if the banks are ‘too-big-to-fail,’ clearly the US government is too-big-to-fail. Like I said, the Fed would simply lend the Treasury the money.

The second possibility would be that President Obama, because of laws that are already on the books, would have the power to declare a ‘national catastrophe’ and simply assume the leadership of the government. This gets Congress and the courts out of the picture. At that point there are no limits on the power of the President if he calls for a ‘national catastrophe.’

This would mean that the President, on his own authority, could raise the debt ceiling. So, either of those two events would happen if it looked like no deal was forthcoming from the Congress. It could be that President Obama, or others in the Executive Branch, are planning to use this crisis to invoke that Executive Order.”

King Barack I. Courtesy of the Tea Party.

Cool. A monarch. I always liked the pomp and circumstance of the British.

Seriously. Who comes up with this lunacy? Short of a all out world war where the infrastructure was decimated there is no way there would be a coup much less a POTUS who could get away with suspending the COTUS and refusing to abdicate his/her position. The right wing/secessionist/bat chit crazy crowd just keep getting more and more desperate.

Our republic has managed to survive much worse with the COTUS and our government remaining intact. I am pretty sure it can survive Obama.

Where you get that? LOL

Its talk of him going rouge and bypassing Congress under the 14th, paying the bills and debt ceiling and thinking he'd win the decision in court.

That's all....something like a Constitutional Crisis is all.

Oh My! Liberal College Students Blame Obama And Democrats For Shutdown

Boulder college kids shock reporter, place heavy blame on Obama for shutdown

Students at Liberal Univ. of Colorado Surprisingly Blame Obama, Dems for Gov't Shutdown

Give the Tea Party imaginary credit when they advance Obama'a imaginary agenda.

Notice Obama feared the Tea Party and what it could do to him so much that he sicked the IRS on them to kill or greatly slow down political contributions?

That's what the IRS game was all about......and it worked......and its something your friendly neighborhood dictator would pull in a third world country like here.

And Romney wins the election.
And Ted Cruz wins the Value Voters prize. That must rank him up there with Herman Cain, Sarah Palin, Huckabee, Paul, Bachmann, et al.

All of them represent the future of the Republican Party.

All laughing all the way to the bank with talk radio head and Fox News money.

Latest posts